• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: BBQ Recipes

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldnt find a cooking Forum :) on these board, I wanted to pass on this great marinade I have been using for a while.

I have never tried it with Steak but have Chicken and will be trying it with Back Ribs tonight.

1/2 Cup Hoisin Sauce
2 tbs Soy Sauce (I use Soy Sauce Light)
1 tbs liquid Honey
2 tbs White Rice Vinegar
2 tbs Dry Cooking Sherry
2 tbs oyster sauce
2 tbs minced garlic
2 tbs minced ginger
2 tbs canola oil
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional I dont use them)

marinade min 24 hours in air tight bag/container. if using BBQ which I always do for this cook on medium indirect heat (400-500 degrees with the opposite burner on while cooking on non lit burner - make sure you heat both burners until temp reached then you can turn off your favorite burner..... yes I have a favorite burner) for me cooking it this way gives the chicken an amazing colour after done (45-50 mins)

enjoy and pass on any you may have for the upcoming Hockey Season BBQ times.... which for me is 365 days a year

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
couldnt find a cooking Forum :) on these board, I wanted to pass on this great marinade I have been using for a while.

I have never tried it with Steak but have Chicken and will be trying it with Back Ribs tonight.

1/2 Cup Hoisin Sauce
2 tbs Soy Sauce (I use Soy Sauce Light)
1 tbs liquid Honey
2 tbs White Rice Vinegar
2 tbs Dry Cooking Sherry
2 tbs oyster sauce
2 tbs minced garlic
2 tbs minced ginger
2 tbs canola oil
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional I dont use them)

marinade min 24 hours in air tight bag/container. if using BBQ which I always do for this cook on medium indirect heat (400-500 degrees with the opposite burner on while cooking on non lit burner - make sure you heat both burners until temp reached then you can turn off your favorite burner..... yes I have a favorite burner) for me cooking it this way gives the chicken an amazing colour after done (45-50 mins)

enjoy and pass on any you may have for the upcoming Hockey Season BBQ times.... which for me is 365 days a year

Nice! The oyster sauce caught my eye, i will indeed try this.:cool:

I'll get out some good marinades and Rubs that I have at home tonight and share. I enjoy sweet/spicy, but love it all. I like to experiment the most. Lately I've been trying to perfect a brown sugar rub that is KILLER on pork. Glazed midway through grilling/smoking with real maple syrup. Shit, I'm hungry...:)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
cook, pour, cook some more :D .
stubbs_bbq1.jpg
.also, pour, drink, pour some more
molson1.jpg

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything that you cook with sherry or red wine is ok by me....it's the secret ingredient in my famous beef stroganoff....

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to experiment the most.

this is the key. I take my fav marinade or rub or sauce and then give and take on some of the ingredients. for example when Im using anything that requires Salt I usually remove it entirely out of the recipe as most spices carry a salt to it and I find salt in these alter the taste for me too much.

Lately I've been trying to perfect a brown sugar rub that is KILLER on pork. Glazed midway through grilling/smoking with real maple syrup. Shit, I'm hungry...:)

Ive got one for pork as well. but one of my favorite recipes for ribs is this

1 Beer (I normal bottle of Lager preferably but I love this recipe with an Apricot Beer yes you read that right)
2 tbs of maple syrup
1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
1 tbs of soy sauce
2 racks of ribs cut into 3 or 4 rib portions (you may need to increase the above recipe if the ribs are too big, NOTE: too much beer makes the reductions difficult and will make the sauce too watery)

put the beer, maple syrup, BBQ sauce and soy sauce into a deep pan and mix well. then place ribs in sauce (doesn't matter what side but I prefer the meaty side down for this) and cook for 1 hour. after done remove the ribs from the sauce and KEEP the sauce. put ribs aside. simmer the sauce for 20 mins to reduce to a thicker sauce. once done glaze ribs with sauce and cook on BBQ on direct medium heat for 15 mins turning and basting with remaining sauce often.

after done cut ribs into individual pieces and toss in bowl with remaining sauce...

use LOTS of napkins and drink with a Bavarian Beer

frak that is a good easy one