• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orioles @ White Sox

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orioles are off to another top start for the season playing at above a .600 win percentage. Clevenger on the mound for the good guys.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night the Sox had a really bad call end the game for them as they rallied in the bottom of the 9th. The Sox had two runs in - runners at 1st and 2nd base - down two runs - and one out. The Sox batter hits a popup - and the infield fly rule is invoked. Vaughn is off 2nd base checking out the popup and starts heading back to the bag. The SS decides to run in and catch the ball from behind Vaughn - the SS has to take a side step to miss Vaughn and the SS catches the ball - with the runner already out due to the infield fly rule invoked. On top of the 2nd out on the pop-up Vaughn was also called out for impeding the SS's path to the ball. Game over with the Sox bringing the winning run to the plate.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night the Sox had a really bad call end the game for them as they rallied in the bottom of the 9th. The Sox had two runs in - runners at 1st and 2nd base - down two runs - and one out. The Sox batter hits a popup - and the infield fly rule is invoked. Vaughn is off 2nd base checking out the popup and starts heading back to the bag. The SS decides to run in and catch the ball from behind Vaughn - the SS has to take a side step to miss Vaughn and the SS catches the ball - with the runner already out due to the infield fly rule invoked. On top of the 2nd out on the pop-up Vaughn was also called out for impeding the SS's path to the ball. Game over with the Sox bringing the winning run to the plate.

It was technically the correct call...but f*ck that umpire.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was technically the correct call...but f*ck that umpire.
Now everyone can get a double play out of an infield fly. Just have your team run a guy at the runner (looking up) and run into him (while another infielder catches the ball) - double play.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now everyone can get a double play out of an infield fly. Just have your team run a guy at the runner (looking up) and run into him (while another infielder catches the ball) - double play.
Precedent can result in rule changes…but until then it is what it is.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In HIgh School football -where I was from in Colorado - this would be called the Oklahoma drill.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really not the rule. It's a discretionary call. Vaughn did nothing to impede the SS. Horrible, awful use of discretion.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really not the rule. It's a discretionary call. Vaughn did nothing to impede the SS. Horrible, awful use of discretion.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My favorite part of this video is the gal facepalming our new announcer about not knowing the obstruction rule. Just another notch in the "What else can be performed at the lowest possible level by the White Sox organization this season" belt.

We got them milkshakes though...Mmmm baby. And the shutout train has come to a screeching halt...So I'll take the minor victories.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite part of this video is the gal facepalming our new announcer about not knowing the obstruction rule. Just another notch in the "What else can be performed at the lowest possible level by the White Sox organization this season" belt.

We got them milkshakes though...Mmmm baby. And the shutout train has come to a screeching halt...So I'll take the minor victories.
It's hard to be upset with an announcer who presents himself as a 6-month-old puppy - just happy to be alive - with no memory of the past and busting for tail wagging joy over any White Sox accomplishment on down to the - could be - maybe - level of achievement. Even I - a resident optimist around here - look at Schifrin's shallow enthusiasm -cynically.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I returned back to the States with jinx in hand. Sox blow another one. :what: