• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon and UGA set for 2022

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't have mattered how far the distance was.

Alabama drove further than Texas to the Rose bowl in 2009, doesn't fucking matter.

Clemson had more fans both times in the national championship games, doesn't fucking matter.

Georgia had more fans last year in the national championship game, doesn't fucking matter.

When Alabama went to the Rose Bowl in 1926, it took them over a week of traveling. Doesn't fucking matter.

Alabama has never won or lost a game because of distance driven or crowd size. NEVER. It's loser excuses, nothing more.

Don’t pretend that it doesn’t matter. At the end of the day it’s an excuse, and I’m sure it’s nice to be Alabama, but it is a factor.

Beyond that aspect, it’d be cool to see some of the brand name SEC teams leave the south and schedule some home/away series. Obviously the point to these neutral site chick fil a games is promotional/money related, but you don’t need to act like it isn’t a nice little by product that the Alabamas/Auburns/Georgias end up getting to play them in their own back yard.

Last edited:

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are already making excuses for your loss.

Nobody has made an excuse. Just recognized that while it is technically a "Neutral site" game, it's essentially a road game. That's not an excuse, it's just reality.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how I feel about this. We have this 3 game series with Clemson we're working on, and this makes 2022 an unlikely candidate for one of the meetings now, and I'm one of the most impatient people in the world, and I know it isn't happening next year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t pretend that it doesn’t matter. At the end of the day it’s an excuse, and I’m sure it’s nice to be Alabama, but it is a factor.

Beyond that aspect, it’d be cool to see some of the brand name SEC teams leave the south and schedule some home/away series. Obviously the point to these neutral site chick fil a games is promotional/money related, but you don’t need to pretend it isn’t a nice little by product that the Alabamas/Auburns/Georgias end up getting to play them in their own back yard.

Alabama mentions the Rose Bowl in it's fight song.

"Remember the Rose Bowl we'll win then".

It doesn't shit about "Remember the Rose Bowl we'll win then, and if we don't it's probably because the other team was closer".

It's an excuse.

And the chik-fil-a games were the first neutral site games, but they aren't the only ones. You have to be invited to them. It's not like Alabama calls them up and says - hey, we are going to be the neutral site game this year.

And yes, those teams are often called because those teams bring in the fans/money. That is why they are invited. But it has nothing to do with backyard shit. Alabama doesn't even get to decide the opponent, they do. Alabama plays USC in Dallas in a few years again, but Alabama was signed on to that game long before USC was. They could have picked Texas, and it wouldn't have made a bit of difference.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't shit about "Remember the Rose Bowl we'll win then, and if we don't it's probably because the other team was closer".

It's an excuse.

And the chik-fil-a games were the first neutral site games, but they aren't the only ones. You have to be invited to them. It's not like Alabama calls them up and says - hey, we are going to be the neutral site game this year.

And yes, those teams are often called because those teams bring in the fans/money. That is why they are invited. But it has nothing to do with backyard shit. Alabama doesn't even get to decide the opponent, they do. Alabama plays USC in Dallas in a few years again, but Alabama was signed on to that game long before USC was. They could have picked Texas, and it wouldn't have made a bit of difference.

Yes, they’re the teams that bring in money because the schools are in comfortable driving distance. That’s the point here. No one’s complaining about the game itself, just commenting on claiming it’s a neutral site, because by definition it isn’t. Didn’t really aregue with anything else you said, I acknowledged most of it in my previous post.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beyond that aspect, it’d be cool to see some of the brand name SEC teams leave the south and schedule some home/away series. Obviously the point to these neutral site chick fil a games is promotional/money related, but you don’t need to act like it isn’t a nice little by product that the Alabamas/Auburns/Georgias end up getting to play them in their own back yard.
SEC is infallible and get no advantage by playing in their backyard. They don't even pick the opponent!

-4down20

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how I feel about this. We have this 3 game series with Clemson we're working on, and this makes 2022 an unlikely candidate for one of the meetings now, and I'm one of the most impatient people in the world, and I know it isn't happening next year.
Yeah, but you’ll get some credit for playing Oregon, and they won’t even be that good.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you’ll get some credit for playing Oregon, and they won’t even be that good.

True, but Georgia and Clemson is an actual rivalry, and one that needs to be played every year like it used to be. They tease us with a home and homer every decade or so now. I know it still technically could be played in 2022, but it seems less likely that we'd do it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they’re the teams that bring in money because the schools are in comfortable driving distance. That’s the point here. No one’s complaining about the game itself, just commenting on claiming it’s a neutral site, because by definition it isn’t. Didn’t really aregue with anything else you said, I acknowledged most of it in my previous post.

Let me put it this way - I would still consider it a neutral site game if the game was being played in Portland.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me put it this way - I would still consider it a neutral site game if the game was being played in Portland.
That could never happen because a) nothing good ever happens in Portland, and 2) they don’t even have a football stadium within city limits. Portland state plays in a minor league baseball stadium for fucks sake.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but Georgia and Clemson is an actual rivalry, and one that needs to be played every year like it used to be. They tease us with a home and homer every decade or so now. I know it still technically could be played in 2022, but it seems less likely that we'd do it.

I do agree that it would be nice to see Georgia and Clemson play every year or close to it

it would especially be cool if they played this year since both teams are so good

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This certainly a lot better than Georgia playing Virginia or the biggest offense of all, Alabama playing Duke in Atlanta...why does that even exist? Alabama/Duke makes the least sense of all

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that it would be nice to see Georgia and Clemson play every year or close to it

it would especially be cool if they played this year since both teams are so good

You never can tell, but right now, odds are high both will be good for a while.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never can tell, but right now, odds are high both will be good for a while.

Agreed both seem quite steady with younger coaches... it would take something unforeseen to knock Clemson from their perch.... Smart is still only in his 3rd year, his recruiting has been amazing and last year seemed to show he can coach pretty well in-game. I think most likely Georgia will be at the top also, but there's also a small chance that once the excitement of the early years is over they could drop off.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama just played the national championship game against Georgia in Atlanta.

Stop making excuses.

It's an excuse.

Just stfu already.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This certainly a lot better than Georgia playing Virginia or the biggest offense of all, Alabama playing Duke in Atlanta...why does that even exist? Alabama/Duke makes the least sense of all

Yeah, the Duke game sucks and we have nothing else of note scheduled that year either.

Not all that thrilled with Louisville this year either. I doubt they are a top25 team, and with all the coaching changes in the SEC, there is a huge hole in what would normally be good strength. Damn sure can't count on the conference for strength right now. Auburn should be good, and then SECCG will be all we got unless some teams surprise out of no where.

Alabama is gonna need to go undefeated the next 2 years to make the playoffs most likely. Unless of course teams go out there and get blown out by Iowa and shit.

The bright side is we have USC, Texas and Notre Dame scheduled on the other side of it all.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stfu already.
hDB5DD9DE

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can i get the lotto numbers for 5 years from now too?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is how every elite team feels when they play Washington