• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Options at 31; best to worst

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
True. I guess my thought was just that Kaep opened it up for everybody including Davis, so I didn't isolate him, and Davis was a reliable target, one both QBs would throw to on their relative deeper passes, too, so I didn't isolate either QB, either. It is evident, by a wide margin, that Kaep is stronger, more willing, faster, better, and a bigger threat than our former QB.

Thank you for having a civil discussion with me and not just accusing me of homerism for our previous QB. I was not trying to say he was better at anything, even getting the ball to Davis.

God, traded Greg Olsen straight up for Davis around the halfway point last year, thinking it would be a great sleeper move. Olsen actually ended up outperforming him - not counting Davis' stellar playoff run, of course. Fortunately, I also traded Carson Palmer for Aaron Hernandez. Not that it mattered ultimately. Now if only I'd taken the Adrian Peterson for AJ Green trade (with some other pieces) in week six. Ugh.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True. I guess my thought was just that Kaep opened it up for everybody including Davis, so I didn't isolate him, and Davis was a reliable target, one both QBs would throw to on their relative deeper passes, too, so I didn't isolate either QB, either. It is evident, by a wide margin, that Kaep is stronger, more willing, faster, better, and a bigger threat than our former QB.

Thank you for having a civil discussion with me and not just accusing me of homerism for our previous QB. I was not trying to say he was better at anything, even getting the ball to Davis.

It's pretty much impossible to know the answer given all the variables, but I think we're pretty much on the same page. There could several different reasons for it - not clicking with kaep, not getting open, or defenses giving him extra attention, etc. It's hard to believe he wasn't getting open, but they weren't quite clicking early and defenses may have even been shading more attention his way even if only to take away Kaep's safety blanket to dare him to throw the ball down field.

My point is that Davis can be a big deep threat if he's left one on one with a mis-match with Kaep's ability to scramble and air it out. If I was a defense after seeing his first few games, it would make sense to focus on Gore, then Kaep, then Davis so Crabtree is left with room to work. And then Kaep and Crabtree clicked. So if Crabtree and Boldin command safety help this year, it should come full circle and more passes spread out to Davis.