• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On Joe Burrow short

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow looking like he's added some muscle.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow looking like he's added some muscle.

Nice. I hope he finally gets to take part in camp this year for the first time. He always starts slow and I am pretty sure that is due to not being able to be part of training camp and being healthy.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. I hope he finally gets to take part in camp this year for the first time. He always starts slow and I am pretty sure that is due to not being able to be part of training camp and being healthy.
Agreed...it's the first real off-season he's had as a pro. Rookie year never counts coming in - so much to do and learn. Then the ACL, then the appendectomy last year.

I look forward to seeing the OL get reps this year, too. I think one of the things that hurt last year, in addition to Joe being out, is that the new OL got zero snaps together. That can't be the case this year, even though they are not all new. You still have a new LT, and likely a new RT and those guys need to learn out to work with their counterparts at LG/RG. I understand the injury thing, but we clearly saw last year - as silly as pre-season can be, getting some actual game-day like reps cannot be replicated for some positions in practice and scrimmages.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...it's the first real off-season he's had as a pro. Rookie year never counts coming in - so much to do and learn. Then the ACL, then the appendectomy last year.

I look forward to seeing the OL get reps this year, too. I think one of the things that hurt last year, in addition to Joe being out, is that the new OL got zero snaps together. That can't be the case this year, even though they are not all new. You still have a new LT, and likely a new RT and those guys need to learn out to work with their counterparts at LG/RG. I understand the injury thing, but we clearly saw last year - as silly as pre-season can be, getting some actual game-day like reps cannot be replicated for some positions in practice and scrimmages.
Even as a rookie he got nothing really. Rookie QB taking over a new team, and you had COVID on top of that so no one was getting together and working like a usual camp.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do agree though. The starting offensive line needs about 5 to 6 total quarters in preseason to start gelling together. I think Burrow needs about 3 quarters. Just give him 1 quarter per preseason game.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he'll probably say something stupid eventually. everybody does

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, Burrow hit 4 home runs in batting practice at gabp today. The most violent hit balls were by burrow.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, Burrow hit 4 home runs in batting practice at gabp today. The most violent hit balls were by burrow.
Cruz hit one off the smoke stacks in BP - so...Joe crushed a few, Elly murdered some balls....

Kid has some legit skills...There hasn't been a guy like this come up in a few years, regardless of the MLB team. He literally tests out at the top range of every tool. Arm, speed, defense, hit, power....it's like he was made in a video game. His 1st MLB HR was almost 115mph off the bat, and landed in the last row of the moon deck just missing leaving the entire stadium...for good measure he then hit a triple that 4 hopped the RF wall by running home to 3rd in just 10.83 seconds.....

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz hit one off the smoke stacks in BP - so...Joe crushed a few, Elly murdered some balls....

Kid has some legit skills...There hasn't been a guy like this come up in a few years, regardless of the MLB team. He literally tests out at the top range of every tool. Arm, speed, defense, hit, power....it's like he was made in a video game. His 1st MLB HR was almost 115mph off the bat, and landed in the last row of the moon deck just missing leaving the entire stadium...for good measure he then hit a triple that 4 hopped the RF wall by running home to 3rd in just 10.83 seconds.....
Well, I was not comparing Joe Burrow's baseball skills to Elly De La Cruz's. There is no comparison. However, I don't think you can compare Cruz's football skills to Burrow's either.

I was just making a comment that Burrow can do it all. Cruz is a different kind of freak.

Switch hitter.
First hit becomes the hardest hit ball by any Red this year.
First home run becomes the farthest hit ball by a Red this year and the hardest, only topping himself the night before at 115.
Sets fastest time in major league baseball this year from home to 3rd as you said.
Set minor league and major league baseball hardest thrown infield ball to first this year at 100.8 mph.
Plays the hardest position in baseball.
They say he is a humble and down to earth guy that is all about family and team.
He is 21.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was not comparing Joe Burrow's baseball skills to Elly De La Cruz's. There is no comparison. However, I don't think you can compare Cruz's football skills to Burrow's either.

I was just making a comment that Burrow can do it all. Cruz is a different kind of freak.

Switch hitter.
First hit becomes the hardest hit ball by any Red this year.
First home run becomes the farthest hit ball by a Red this year and the hardest, only topping himself the night before at 115.
Sets fastest time in major league baseball this year from home to 3rd as you said.
Set minor league and major league baseball hardest thrown infield ball to first this year at 100.8 mph.
Plays the hardest position in baseball.
They say he is a humble and down to earth guy that is all about family and team.
He is 21.
He can throw a baseball 100MPH+ ... I wonder how far he could throw a football? Different mechanics, for sure, but that kind of arm strength...

And I know you weren't... I was just being silly...

What we all want to see now is a set of skill competitions that JB and EDLC can compete against one another pitting them in the others' sport and seeing how they fair....LOL

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can throw a baseball 100MPH+ ... I wonder how far he could throw a football? Different mechanics, for sure, but that kind of arm strength...

And I know you weren't... I was just being silly...

What we all want to see now is a set of skill competitions that JB and EDLC can compete against one another pitting them in the others' sport and seeing how they fair....LOL
My guess is, Burrow would lose all the competitions in baseball to Cruz regardless of what it is.

Burrow would win everyone in football, minus the running ones. Speed is still speed no matter what sport you play.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been down on Reds baseball.... But I have followed Cruz's progress in the minors and the last two days have been off the hook in terms of excitement. The Reds have a pretty tremendous young core with a guy that could absolutely be one of the best 5-10 ballpayers in the league within the next two seasons. As you guys point out - His skills are weirdly rare... Once in a liftetime sort of rare. He's probably the most unique prospect the Reds have had since Eric Davis. It's crazy.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was cool watching Burrow hit a few bombs. They should have a homerun derby for QBs at the all-pro game. I'm not sure anyone would really challenge Kyler Murray or Russel Wilson, but it would be fun.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been down on Reds baseball.... But I have followed Cruz's progress in the minors and the last two days have been off the hook in terms of excitement. The Reds have a pretty tremendous young core with a guy that could absolutely be one of the best 5-10 ballpayers in the league within the next two seasons. As you guys point out - His skills are weirdly rare... Once in a liftetime sort of rare. He's probably the most unique prospect the Reds have had since Eric Davis. It's crazy.
A switch hitting Eric Davis.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about this:

C Tyler Stephenson (clubhouse leader, solid glove, solid bat - still young)
1B Christian Encarnacion-Strand (.349/.408/.711/1.118 with 15 homers and 41 RBI's)
2B Matt McLain (most hits by a rookie in reds history in first 20 games with speed and glove) *rookie
3B Johnathan India (leads team in SB and runs) 3rd year player
SS Elly De La Cruz (well you know all about him) *rookie
LF Spencer Steer (leads team in BA and Home Runs) *rookie
CF
RF Noelvi Marte (won 2 out of last 3 player of the week awards in AA)

SP Hunter Greene (100 mph flame thrower)
SP Nick Lodolo (long LHP with good stuff, and accurate)
SP Andrew Abbott (major league debut against Brewers 6 innings, 1 hit, 0 ER)
CL Alexis Diaz (perfect in save opportunities)