• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On Cordarrelle Patterson...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...To start off, I've been on his bandwagon since the Vikes drafted him. Like many, I had high expectations for him this year. I now have him on 3 teams (recently traded for him in MBBRL-B) and yes, he is a bench fixture on all three.

Perhaps it's my bias, but I just can't figure out the reasons for his non-existence on the field. Is he overrated? Is he not yet ready to be a starter? Is he overlooked and underutilized by Norv, the TE Guru Without a TE? Is his growing reputation as a prima donna/drama queen justified?

Just wondering what everyone thinks. It appears that the Vikes are finally getting around to featuring McKinnon. It would be baffling to me if Cordy were not next.

And that was a bit of a cheap shot on my part at Norv. He has always been a top notch OC. I just wish I had a clue as to what he is doing...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard rumblings he's still a little raw in the route running and playbook. I believe Zimmer said something like, "if he wants the ball more, tell him to get open."

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard rumblings he's still a little raw in the route running and playbook. I believe Zimmer said something like, "if he wants the ball more, tell him to get open."

OUCH.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he's on the radar now and with AP gone there aren't any big play threats. Not even sure who receivers outside of him are but my guess is they don't strike fear in any defenses

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he's on the radar now and with AP gone there aren't any big play threats. Not even sure who receivers outside of him are but my guess is they don't strike fear in any defenses

Greg Jennings.. not a stud but more than good enough that he must be accounted for in defensive schemes

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem with him is that Adrienne Peterson is not playing. The reason I say this is that with no Peterson they are forced to use Asiata and McKinnon. And I see McKinnon to be taking away lots of what Patterson does best.

Breasy4c_o_l

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...To start off, I've been on his bandwagon since the Vikes drafted him. Like many, I had high expectations for him this year. I now have him on 3 teams (recently traded for him in MBBRL-B) and yes, he is a bench fixture on all three.

Perhaps it's my bias, but I just can't figure out the reasons for his non-existence on the field. Is he overrated? Is he not yet ready to be a starter? Is he overlooked and underutilized by Norv, the TE Guru Without a TE? Is his growing reputation as a prima donna/drama queen justified?

Just wondering what everyone thinks. It appears that the Vikes are finally getting around to featuring McKinnon. It would be baffling to me if Cordy were not next.

And that was a bit of a cheap shot on my part at Norv. He has always been a top notch OC. I just wish I had a clue as to what he is doing...

My stance is your bad for drafting him lol But seriously, he's a great athlete/game breaker, but just not a good NFL wr. Kinda reminds me of Hester when he was in Chicago. & as others have noted, Norbert not necessarily manufacturing touches for him right now

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda reminds me of Hester when he was in Chicago.

Whoa.... Hester was a converted DB and the brain-trust at Angelo & Co. thought that if they got the ball to Hester in space he could do the kind of damage he did on special teams. Too may problems to list, but Mike Martz's ego, Ron Turner' stubbornness, a weak O-line, and no one any better than Hester opposite him (like Johnny Knox, Roy Williams and Earl Bennett) was a disaster waiting to happen.

At least Patterson is a WR and the Vikes are not trying to force a square peg into a round hole. The problem with the Vikes may also be too long to list, starting with no AP (or a threatening run-game), a carousel of mediocre QB, and a poor O-line (ranked 25th by ProFootball Focus).

And if he isn't running good routes... he better start. I respect Norv Turner.