• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma LB accused of Sexual Assualt

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess it must be true.

I'll take being a "cheater" of this sort over being someone who covers up assaults and murders any day of the week.

I agree, glad that never happened at tOSU.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, glad that never happened at tOSU.[/QUOTE]

Key words, but Urb has reportedly been involved in or done it elsewhere.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, glad that never happened at tOSU.[/QUOTE]

Key words, but Urb has reportedly been involved in or done it elsewhere.

That is your key word, and I really do not care what was allowed to happen at FL and the SEC. I care what happens at tOSU. If Urb does anything like this I would like him gone, regardless of his W/L record.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said GTFO and she got mad.

That's what it sounds like to me. These players gotta learn too many of these bitches are just looking for their 15 minutes and a pay day.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if-the-glove-does-not-fit-oj-simpson-jury-consultants.jpg

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Stoops is going to have no choice but to dismiss him from the team unless the girl recants. Can't see that happening so I think we will go on without Frank. Too bad that all you need to do in this country in acccuse someone of something to ruin their life. The stigma will be with him forever and what is really sad is he may not have done a thing to deserve it. I'm all for punishing people when there is evidence of a crime but the trial by media in this country has got to end eventually. If he did it he deserves everything he gets but just think if he didn't. How would you feel if this was your son accussed of something like this and there is no way to prove you are innocent and the allegation is all that has been reported.
McCarthyism McCarthyism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
td, not sure I agree that Stoops has no choice but to dismiss him. This is not an open and shut case by any means. I think Stoops might feel more pressure to dismiss him simply because of some of the recent, similar, incidents, but whatever he does won't be a kneejerk reaction, we know that from past experience.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what it sounds like to me. These players gotta learn too many of these bitches are just looking for their 15 minutes and a pay day.

Bitches be crazy...and just a little greedy and jealous as well

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
td, not sure I agree that Stoops has no choice but to dismiss him. This is not an open and shut case by any means. I think Stoops might feel more pressure to dismiss him simply because of some of the recent, similar, incidents, but whatever he does won't be a kneejerk reaction, we know that from past experience.

Wheat, I think Stoops will err on the side of caution. I just worry he will be accussed of being all about the "program" and not concerned with the well being of the young women if he lets him return. You know he hasn't made any friends in the media with the way he treats them. But you are probably right. It seems that most of the dismissals from the program have been for multiple offenses now that I think about it.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With differing accounts and the complainant's unwillingness to prosecute, the case has stalled in terms of criminal court. Additionally, according to a source with knowledge of the legal proceedings, the Norman Police investigation has closed with no arrest pending.

That does not clarify Shannon's future at the university, however. Not by OU's definition, outlined in policies regarding both students at large and student-athletes.

There is a specific code of conduct defined in OU's 2013-14 student-athlete handbook. It reads:

"The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics makes every effort to offer a program that assists each student-athlete in securing a degree and fulfilling the objectives of the University. The acceptance of athletic financial aid and/or participation as a member of an athletic team carries with it definite standards of personal, academic and athletic conduct for the student-athlete."

Regarding personal conduct, OU athletes are required to: "Conduct yourself in such a manner that would uphold or enhance the traditions and ethical standards of the University, the athletic program and your team." Also: "Do not bring discredit to the University or cause harm to its reputation."

Failure to meet this code of conduct, according to the student-athlete handbook, "may result in termination of your status as a student-athlete and cancellation or gradation of your financial aid."

The handbook also details standards expected of all OU students, and spells out prohibited conduct examples. One of them is sexual misconduct, specifically: "Violating the University of Oklahoma's Sexual Assault, Discrimination or Harassment Policy."

That's the policy Shannon is accused of violating in relation to the Jan. 20 incident. Accordingly, he must follow a set process related to alleged violations of that policy, which prohibits acts of sexual violence, including "non-consensual sexual intercourse."

If Shannon is found guilty at the end of the process, he faces, according to OU policy regarding accused parties, sanctions ranging "from education and/or counseling and training to expulsion."
What's the process?

The University of Oklahoma has established a process for those accused of violating the school's Sexual Assault, Discrimination or Harassment Policy, as OU linebacker Frank Shannon has. The process is:

A complaint is filed with the university's Sexual Misconduct Officer, in consultation with the university's Institutional Equity and Title IX Officers. While the complaint may be withdrawn during any part of the subsequent investigation, the SMO may still proceed if he or she feels it is warranted.

The SMO conducts an investigation, gathers evidence and consults with Title IX and Equal Opportunity Officers as to any findings.

The SMO determines that a violation has occurred and notifies appropriate administrator; that a violation has not occurred and dismisses the complaint; or settles the matter to the satisfaction of the two parties involved.

If a violation has occurred, the case is referred to the Student Conduct Office. The charged student meets with the Director of Student Conduct to discuss proposed sanctions.

At this point, the charged student may appeal any findings or sanctions through a hearing panel made up of non-students with a background in sexual misconduct cases. The panel will render its findings at the conclusion of the hearing.

If either party seeks to appeal the panel's findings, they may do so through the Vice President for Student Affairs. An appellate panel may be convened to determine if an appeal at this stage is appropriate.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't think a big time college football player would need to r*pe someone, especially with all the drunk college sloots running around.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheat, I think Stoops will err on the side of caution. I just worry he will be accussed of being all about the "program" and not concerned with the well being of the young women if he lets him return. You know he hasn't made any friends in the media with the way he treats them. But you are probably right. It seems that most of the dismissals from the program have been for multiple offenses now that I think about it.

This is about as bad as allegations can get. However, even though its the Sooner, I'm not about to condemn a young man's future b/c some girl made an unproven accusation, with differing versions of events stated, that she does not even want to see prosecuted, and that the DA's office does not even think is worthy of a simple arrest on grounds of probable cause.

I'm scared of the world we live in if the above is enough to ruin someone's future.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about as bad as allegations can get. However, even though its the Sooner, I'm not about to condemn a young man's future b/c some girl made an unproven accusation, with differing versions of events stated, that she does not even want to see prosecuted, and that the DA's office does not even think is worthy of a simple arrest on grounds of probable cause.

I'm scared of the world we live in if the above is enough to ruin someone's future.

Agreed. These stupid bitches have no idea what an accusation like this can do. I don't buy it if she's not willing to pursue it.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING NEWS:

Supreme Court upholds OU's punishment of Frank Shannon.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they must have had enough evidence. That's that.