• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma City Thunder - Utah Jazz Game Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it was because it was a new season, but I thought the defense looked good. More focus and toughness.

Burks looked more in control.

Good game.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to watch as I am now on a swing shift at work, a real killer! Ill only be able to watch half the games live. I followed along on a game cast. Everyone did as good as expected. Hayward shot poorly, something I doubt will ever change. Maybe Burks exceeded expectations some, but hard to gage without seeing it live.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to watch as I am now on a swing shift at work, a real killer! Ill only be able to watch half the games live. I followed along on a game cast. Everyone did as good as expected. Hayward shot poorly, something I doubt will ever change. Maybe Burks exceeded expectations some, but hard to gage without seeing it live.

Yeah, it's going to be tough for me too, I'd say less than 1/2 live, most on the DVR, whatever I have time to watch.

You don't think Hayward can become an efficient player? Not looking good if he can't.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not worth starting a new thread, down 32 with almost 3 quarters in the books tonight. I'm in utah for turkey day, so actually watching this one live. Jazz haven't been able to score 40 points yet. This is no doubt the worse team in jazz history. Nura, didn't you think we were going to surprise some people with our front court? What is wrong with these guys? Just no talent that was invisible as they played and showed well against bench players?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not worth starting a new thread, down 32 with almost 3 quarters in the books tonight. I'm in utah for turkey day, so actually watching this one live. Jazz haven't been able to score 40 points yet. This is no doubt the worse team in jazz history. Nura, didn't you think we were going to surprise some people with our front court? What is wrong with these guys? Just no talent that was invisible as they played and showed well against bench players?

Yeah, it wasn't worth starting a new thread.

Happy a good Thanksgiving week. :)

I wouldn't say this is the worst season in Jazz history yet. Just as the 2006-2007 Jazz started 12-1 then couldn't keep up that pace, this year's Jazz team is off to a bad start, but if there's some moves made or players make strides, maybe they can get to about 20 wins, which makes it comparable to other low win seasons.

I'd say every player on the team has such glaring limitations, that there's not much you can do overall. Some players can't do this-or-that and it hurts everyone.

I will try to give a better answer as I keep observing.

I think there's not enough players that can create their shot, and they give up the paint too easily on defense. They still act like a young team, which is disappointing, since some of the players are a few years in now.

I guess Cleveland is in the same boat, with players that have been together for a few years, yet they're as uncompetitive as the Jazz. The overall talent isn't there for them either, and they have a better "best player" with Irving.

I guess it goes back to the Adidas slogan "it takes 5". Can't do it with 1.5-2 decent players.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday's game is on NBA TV. It will be nice to see a game in full HD.

Normally I'd be upset that the opposing team is missing its best player, but since the Jazz don't have Burke, then I'm not as distraught. The excitement I'd get would be seeing Burke and Rose face off, since that would be more meaningful.

Even if Alex Burks and Jamaal Tinsley went up against Rose and played well, it wouldn't matter as much, since Burke is the future. It means more to see how Burke, who is the future, would do, then it would players who might not be on the roster in the future.

But since both Burke and Rose are out, then oh well. I'll just focus on the frontcourt, with Kanter/Favors vs. Noah/Boozer. And Hayward vs. Deng.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team definitely relies on the jump shot, almost exclusively. The Garrett kid doesn't look too bad, a definite upgrade over Lucas and Tinsely.

Trey should play tonight.

I think many people that were expecting Alec to be the next Hardin are seeing he is not that. Can't shoot and totally erratic. Locke had an exec say that Alec better learn to be a PG because he is not an NBA shooting guard.

Kanter, lost his bull in the china shop mode. He can't push around starting bigs, it seems. And, one thing that bothers me is he posts stuff on his social media when he has a decent game...noting his stats like they are super impressive. Keep it real man, your team has A win. The only hole he seems to be concerned about filling are those of the adoring sorority.

If Hayward seeks huge money, he can fly and be free. We could resign Marvin instead. Off his surgery, he is looking better.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team definitely relies on the jump shot, almost exclusively. The Garrett kid doesn't look too bad, a definite upgrade over Lucas and Tinsely.

Trey should play tonight.

I think many people that were expecting Alec to be the next Hardin are seeing he is not that. Can't shoot and totally erratic. Locke had an exec say that Alec better learn to be a PG because he is not an NBA shooting guard.

Kanter, lost his bull in the china shop mode. He can't push around starting bigs, it seems. And, one thing that bothers me is he posts stuff on his social media when he has a decent game...noting his stats like they are super impressive. Keep it real man, your team has A win. The only hole he seems to be concerned about filling are those of the adoring sorority.

If Hayward seeks huge money, he can fly and be free. We could resign Marvin instead. Off his surgery, he is looking better.
Thanks.