• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Ohio State @ Northwestern

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another 8:00 primetime game, and this one should be fun. It's been awhile since we've played at night in Evanston, and NW has a good-looking offense going. It sucks, as I don't think we have any NW fans on here, but it will still be a fun game to watch nonetheless.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the only game that has me nervous for this season. This is why for a few reasons. First, NW is coming off a bye week, therefore they were scouting our game against Wisky to prepare for the schemes. Second, the loss of Christian Bryant for the season really hurts us in the secondary. Third, this is NW homecoming weekend, they will be extra fired up for this game. Finally, the spread offense of NW is going to cause chaos on our defense. If we get by with a win on the road here, there is no doubt that the Bucks run the table in the B1G.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NW is going to gash the buckeye defense much worse than Wisconsin did because NW can actually throw to multiple targets rather than one guy. NW doesn't play defense though, so tOSU will still win.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
overrated.jpg

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OSU rolls in this one. Northwestern sneaks up on people, especially at home, but they're not going to surprise anyone this year. They'll lose their next two games.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think OSU is undefeated when they play Michigan. The PSU game is the only one with the remote possibility that they lose beyond NW.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 stressful games on back to back weekends... sorry liver...

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a difficult game. I do not like the way our secondary has played thus far this season and the loss of Bryant is going to hurt that much more. Its hard to really compare our game vs Wisky to what will happen at Northwestern though. Two completely different offenses. The Buckeye D was clearly out to stop the run vs Wisconsin and it left our secondary in a tough spot. Stavi actually had a good game too, so that made things interesting.

Against NW, I expect to see a lot of nickle package and a lot of zone blitzing. On the other side of the ball, I don't think NW has the athletes to stop our offense. We should score 35+ and that should be more than enough to win. It won't be easy though.

2nd game in what could be 3 straight games vs top 25 teams depending on what Iowa does vs MSU.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched Northwestern this season. I think they have a veey good offense, but slightly overrated. I don't think they can stop Ohio St.

OSU made Wisconsin win going through the air. This Northwestern team is like a better Cal team with their past paced offense. I think we will have a better strategy this time around it will be sokewhat high scoring but we take care of Northwestern.

49-27

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Buckeyes cruise, but I'll be pulling for the underdog :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year I think we be kind of like last, win against good teams but not many blowouts. I hope it is like 02-03; win a lot of close games and beat a better team in the end.

This team doesn't seem like it will blowout teams, they slow it down when leading and really Urban just wants to win doesn't care how. I love style points, but in the end doesn't matter that much more, especially if you kill teams like Oregon does then lose 1 game.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year I think we be kind of like last, win against good teams but not many blowouts. I hope it is like 02-03; win a lot of close games and beat a better team in the end.

This team doesn't seem like it will blowout teams, they slow it down when leading and really Urban just wants to win doesn't care how. I love style points, but in the end doesn't matter that much more, especially if you kill teams like Oregon does then lose 1 game.

Fuck that. Play 100% all 60 minutes. We're not keeping the starters in vs. FAMU or anything. NW is a legit team, so step on their throats.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting game. Northwestern can throw the ball, and the Bucks had trouble with that last week. Still, I don't think the O and D line of Northwestern is strong enough. Bucks by 14.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that. Play 100% all 60 minutes. We're not keeping the starters in vs. FAMU or anything. NW is a legit team, so step on their throats.

Tell me about it. I want them to play like they do in the 1st all game long. The 2nd half of the Wisky game they almost let em back in bc they either handed it off or Brax ran. I know they need to let the clock run, but it was stupid playcalling and could cost them in one of these games.

I would like to see Guiton play a full game vs a legit team and see how he fairs, just for curiosity.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me about it. I want them to play like they do in the 1st all game long. The 2nd half of the Wisky game they almost let em back in bc they either handed it off or Brax ran. I know they need to let the clock run, but it was stupid playcalling and could cost them in one of these games.

I would like to see Guiton play a full game vs a legit team and see how he fairs, just for curiosity.

Tell me about it. I was very upset with the second half. They can't do that kind of shit and I hope they realize it.

You may get your wish about Guiton, given Braxton's injury past.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kind of wish Helfrich would have done that.

He pulled the starters at 11 minutes left in 3rd quarter with 55 points and ran the ball into the center for the rest of the game.

Cant wait for NW vs tOSU. Should be fun and Oregon is on the road so I actually get to watch it live:yahoo:

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me about it. I was very upset with the second half. They can't do that kind of shit and I hope they realize it.

You may get your wish about Guiton, given Braxton's injury past.

Yeah, I didn't understand the conservative play calling either....when y'all were up by 17, I thought Urb and Co. were gonna go for the jugular.