• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh hell, somebody's gotta say it

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Tony,

We diehard Sox fans know you and the team's executives regularly read our posts in here with an almost religious zealotry, so I know this letter will reach you. Please allow me to be the first to bring this up. I'm asking you to resign as manager of the Chicago White Sox. You have become a lightning rod for all the wrong reasons. It's not so much of the fact that you haven't been in the dugout for almost a decade. No one doubts your knowledge of the game or that you have the capacity to get up to speed, so to speak, on the advanced metrics applied in today's MLB environment. It's none of these. The real problem is when the name becomes bigger than the position and for all the wrong reasons at that, it's time to see the writing on the wall. And the writing says just two words: Please leave.

You know darn well that Jerry's too stubbornly loyal to fire you.
You know darn well that Rick Hahn's hands are tied and of course was never in favor of hiring you.
You know darn well that Kenny Williams doesn't have a clue about anything, but is happy just so long as he gets his paycheck.

If you decide to ignore this heartfelt request and choose to proceed forward, of course we'll continue to pull 100% for the team's success, because that's what loyal, diehard fans do. The success of the team supersedes all personal feelings. But nonetheless, we all believe that such success will be more easily obtained and continued for years to come if you're not at the helm. So do just about everyone in the White Sox world a favor and for the good of the organization, please resign. Now.

Thanks and best of luck elsewhere,
The White Sox Faithful

P.S. I suggest you plead nolo contendere to the DUI charge. You still might have your license suspended and have to take some classes, but at least the judge will appreciate you not making a fuss.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Tony,

We diehard Sox fans know you and the team's executives regularly read our posts in here with an almost religious zealotry, so I know this letter will reach you. Please allow me to be the first to bring this up. I'm asking you to resign as manager of the Chicago White Sox. You have become a lightning rod for all the wrong reasons. It's not so much of the fact that you haven't been in the dugout for almost a decade. No one doubts your knowledge of the game or that you have the capacity to get up to speed, so to speak, on the advanced metrics applied in today's MLB environment. It's none of these. The real problem is when the name becomes bigger than the position and for all the wrong reasons at that, it's time to see the writing on the wall. And the writing says just two words: Please leave.

You know darn well that Rick Hahn's hands are tied and of course was never in favor of hiring you.
You know darn well that Kenny Williams doesn't have a clue about anything, but is happy just so long as he gets his paycheck.

If you decide to ignore this heartfelt request and choose to proceed forward, of course we'll continue to pull 100% for the team's success, because that's what loyal, diehard fans do. The success of the team supersedes all personal feelings. But nonetheless, we all believe that such success will be more easily obtained and continued for years to come if you're not at the helm. So do just about everyone in the White Sox world a favor and for the good of the organization, please resign. Now.

The White Sox Faithful

P.S. I suggest you plead nolo contendere to the DUI charge. You still might have your license suspended and have to take some classes, but at least the judge will appreciate you not making a fuss.
might just be your best post ever.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Tony,

The White Sox Faithful

Do the right thing Tony!

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, wait, LaRussa is still alive and able to walk and talk?? The dude will be 77 in mid season. You can't tell me there was no other better candidate, shame on Reinsdorf !!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I like the sentiment...It's just time to accept it. This is happening. Buckle up boys.

Let's focus on some of LaRussa's positives:

1. He has been a winner with all 3 organizations he's managed for. Multiple pennants and World Series wins.

2. He has the full backing of our ownership.

3. He's an obvious upgrade from Renteria in all baseball decision-making...even at 77.

4. Winning usually solves everything...intangible stuff like "Oh he may not have a good clubhouse because (insert this or that bullsh*t here)" can go away real quick when the winning's happening. And with a better manager and our team as it is constituted, I say strong probability we win at a fairly decent clip this upcoming season.

5. He speaks spanish fluently. Not really that big of a deal...but...I mean...If y'all want to jump on the Yasmani Grandal intangible bandwagon...This should probably mean something to you too. Better than needing a translator or having miscommunications imo.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I like the sentiment...It's just time to accept it. This is happening. Buckle up boys.

Let's focus on some of LaRussa's positives:

1. He has been a winner with all 3 organizations he's managed for. Multiple pennants and World Series wins.

2. He has the full backing of our ownership.

3. He's an obvious upgrade from Renteria in all baseball decision-making...even at 77.

4. Winning usually solves everything...intangible stuff like "Oh he may not have a good clubhouse because (insert this or that bullsh*t here)" can go away real quick when the winning's happening. And with a better manager and our team as it is constituted, I say strong probability we win at a fairly decent clip this upcoming season.

5. He speaks spanish fluently. Not really that big of a deal...but...I mean...If y'all want to jump on the Yasmani Grandal intangible bandwagon...This should probably mean something to you too. Better than needing a translator or having miscommunications imo.
I know Jiddy, I was just being dramatic - but honest as well. He won't be fired, that much we're all in agreement. Yet I'm still holding out some hope that he walks away and does it soon. Because the longer it takes for him to jettison the capsule, the harder it will be for the Sox to find his replacement. As for an upgrade, both Renteria and Ventura on their best days couldn't hold a candle to TLR on his worst. Still doesn't mean I want him as our mgr. But like you said, assuming he stays, then just buckle up and root root root for the Good Guys!!

Still.....Tony **hiccup** if you're even remotely thinking of doing the right thing, do it NOW.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep him - make him walk the plank - I don't care, but I haven't seen a sign of the team hiring the other coaches. The Tigers hired an entire staff already since La Russa and got the hot shot pitching coach from U Michigan that Hahn was reportedly interested in. Timmy is still waiting for his call.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in keeping with the 'somebody's gotta say it' thing ... reinsdork, as i knew he was very capable of, fucked the team and its outlook. too late! missed the winning coach we could have had. and he doesn't have the guts to admit he fucked up and will keep tony around as long as he likes.
i'd like to be as positive thinking as some here ..... but i can't. i've seen this show too many times. we won't get a pitcher worth shit. we'll pick up an over-priced vet at best.