• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

og'brandon thomas tore acl

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UM...Let's see.....you draft him....you have his rights....if not drafted, he can choose the team, and believe it or not......he could easily pick a different team..

True.........True........and.......True, but I don't think that this team has reached a point where it can use a draft pick on an injured player. If he selects another team as an UFA, then so be it. We just differ on when/how to get the rights to his services.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just proved his point by showing how rare that is.

Yeah I did, if you only look at it from a perspective of rarity. Some will some won't, I am among the latter and won't be deterred by the odds. This team also cannot afford to resign themselves to the odds being against finding someone who can help in the later rounds, but must do due diligence in assuring that those late round picks are quality ones.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 2nd round pick for a 6th or 7th rounder.... I take him in a heartbeat. If he sits and develops for a couple years at 200 or 300k a year, then so be it. Its no different than any of the other scrubs that we have on the ps that we drafted there that have done little to nothing despite being healthy. If he does nothing during his rookie contract and we cut him, no huge loss.

These kinds of risks are worth taking in the late rounds IMO. You let him get to UDFA land, he gets to pick where he wants to go.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I did, if you only look at it from a perspective of rarity. Some will some won't, I am among the latter and won't be deterred by the odds. This team also cannot afford to resign themselves to the odds being against finding someone who can help in the later rounds, but must do due diligence in assuring that those late round picks are quality ones.
a 2nd round guy in the 6th sounds like good quality to me