• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Skip Bayless :-)rollseyes:) either Melo or LeBron will end up in Houston.

laugh.gif

Talk about a team with no direction. Their best players either can't play defense or can't hit a free throw.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Captain Obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the radio that the T-Wolves are thinking that the best offer they are going to get for Kevin Love is from the Celtics. Looks like the 2 first rounders for this year (6 and 17), Olynyk or Sully and possibly a future 1st rounder.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BHe has never moved the wins dial yet everyone thinks is some all-world talent.
Six years of being a loser is more than enough evidence for me.

I cannot remember the last player who was considered all-NBA / MVP threat who could not even crack his team to the #8 seed by accident once in a while. That just doesn't happen ever. Every great player can at least will his team to a low seed.

And it makes no difference how tough the West conference is..... Kobe can take Smush to a bid, Lebron can carry a sack of garbage to the finals, Heck James Harden got Houston there without Dwight

Love is simply not that good. After a while, you need to at least make a playoff berth where you have a 55% chance automatically.

he is B+ level player who has convinced the world he is all-NBA top of the line.

We want to bury Lebron for losing 3 finals, yet this dude is going to be coveted for not even making the playoffs ever.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there such an overwhelming obsession with Kevin Love???

He has been in the league for 6 years and has not sniffed the playoffs.
How can a player be considered some all-NBA difference maker if he cannot even will a team to a cameo in the #8 seed?? Heck the Kings, Bobcats, 76ers, Pistons, Wizards, Bucks, Warriors, Nets, and Raptors all managed to turn horrible teams into at least 1 playoff appearance during the Love era.

He is a below average shooter for his position, so-so passer, terrible defender, and a classic cherry-pick rebounder. He is weak in contested shot%, block %, ORB, and half court defensive +/-.....yet inexplicably good total rebounding volume numbers. Those are all classic signs of a cherry picker rebounder.

I think someone who overpays for him to be the alpha #1 is making a horrible mistake.
He is better as a #2 or #1b type player.

Cherry picking rebounds for a career average of 12.2 RPG :scratch:

I agree he's not a #1. Many on these boards have said that. He'd be a heck of a #2 guy to have.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there such an overwhelming obsession with Kevin Love???

He has been in the league for 6 years and has not sniffed the playoffs.
How can a player be considered some all-NBA difference maker if he cannot even will a team to a cameo in the #8 seed?? Heck the Kings, Bobcats, 76ers, Pistons, Wizards, Bucks, Warriors, Nets, and Raptors all managed to turn horrible teams into at least 1 playoff appearance during the Love era.

He is a below average shooter for his position, so-so passer, terrible defender, and a classic cherry-pick rebounder. He is weak in contested shot%, block %, ORB, and half court defensive +/-.....yet inexplicably good total rebounding volume numbers. Those are all classic signs of a cherry picker rebounder.

I think someone who overpays for him to be the alpha #1 is making a horrible mistake.
He is better as a #2 or #1b type player.

Most of those teams are in the East. Big difference in the West.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherry picking rebounds for a career average of 12.2 RPG :scratch:

I agree he's not a #1. Many on these boards have said that. He'd be a heck of a #2 guy to have.

Yes he would be a great #2.

I want the Bulls to sign Melo instead of trading for Love because Love is injury prone and Bulls already have to worry about Rose and Noah. Melo doesn't miss games. Plus Bulls need another true scorer. His defense wouldn't really hurt them because they play a lot of help D and he is athletic enough to be at least an Avg Defender who can rebound at his position.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is B+ level player who has convinced the world he is all-NBA top of the line.
Imo he could be the 3rd best player on a championship team. On my grading scale, that makes him an A- kind of guy. Someone who can swing a contender but not someone you build around like a Dirk, Duncan, Lebron, etc

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West is a copout. You still have a 55% chance of making the playoffs mathematically.

And its not like he was getting his teams close. He was finishing dead last most seasons.
That is embarrassing for anyone trying to be an all-NBA Elite free agent.

Teams like Memphis, Clippers, Warriors, Houston, and the Thunder were equally as dismal in the last 6 seasons.

They all got a star player who turned them around in the West.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West is a copout. You still have a 55% chance of making the playoffs mathematically.

And its not like he was getting his teams close. He was finishing dead last most seasons.
That is embarrassing for anyone trying to be an all-NBA Elite free agent.

Teams like Memphis, Clippers, Warriors, Houston, and the Thunder were equally as dismal in the last 6 seasons.

They all got a star player who turned them around in the West.

Its not a copout its logic. West is a better conference. No way Miami is a 2 seed in the west. If love was on any other team in the East I would bet that team makes it to the playoffs. Its not hard to make the playoffs in the East that is why every year you have a couple of different teams in it every year. In the West you have a solid 6 teams that you know will make it. That leaves 2 spot open and that is with out Lakers being good.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't a starter his first two seasons. He missed significant time another season due to injury. But yeah, his fault Minnesota hasn't made the playoffs during his first 6 years in the league.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not his fault they missed the playoffs if he is only a 2nd or 3rd option.
But, he wants to be treated like an A+ elite free agent.

A+ level players don't keep finishing with 25 win seasons over and over no matter how tough the league is they play. A+ players are wired so hard that they will personally "will" their team into the playoffs no matter what....

Elite players can elevate a team to at least an 8 seed once in a while surrounded by garbage.
Kobe would have taken the same roster to the playoffs at least once....100% guaranteed.

That is why I don't understand the hype around him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BHe has never moved the wins dial yet everyone thinks is some all-world talent.
Six years of being a loser is more than enough evidence for me.

I cannot remember the last player who was considered all-NBA / MVP threat who could not even crack his team to the #8 seed by accident once in a while. That just doesn't happen ever. Every great player can at least will his team to a low seed.

And it makes no difference how tough the West conference is..... Kobe can take Smush to a bid, Lebron can carry a sack of garbage to the finals, Heck James Harden got Houston there without Dwight

Love is simply not that good. After a while, you need to at least make a playoff berth where you have a 55% chance automatically.

We want to bury Lebron for losing 3 finals, yet this dude is going to be coveted for not even making the playoffs ever.

You need more than one good player to be a playoff team... He is a nba top talent. He would play 2nd fiddle to steph curry though