• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official NFL Draft Thread

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Upshaw had 60 tackles, for a LB! Lavonte David, a second round pick had nearly double that amount! Oh, and Upshaw had 1.5 sacks. Amazing! In the entire playoffs, Upshaw had 9 total tackles! 9 in four games, that avgs out to 2.2 or something a game! Wow, dude is on fire, who is stopping the Ravens with that freight train!

As for Richardson, the injured Richardson wasn't even the second best rookie RB last year. And next season, he won't even be the third best one, when David Wilson blows him out of the water. Bama best product has been Julio Jones, dude is a stud, zero doubt about it. the rest? Well, in the NFL they test a little more for steroids, so what can you do. Glad my Packers only took Lacy, and the genius that is Ted Thompson took Franklin too, so Lacy can carry his and Rodgers shoulder pad, and be out of Green Bay in a couple of seasons. Thanks for playing.

oh, and here is a link to Upshaw's leading the Ravens to the SB.

NFL Football Scores - NFL Scoreboard - ESPN - ESPN

:nod: If Wilson learns to follow and trust his blockers...he will be as dangerous of a RB as there is in the league. That isn't guaranteed though. Hopefully his problem is just the shitty Olines he had to deal with in college, and it isn't just ingrained in him permanently.

Julio was overrated in college, but is probably one of the best WRs in the league in a few years. I don't think he gave his college career the 100% that he is giving his pro career now.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: If Wilson learns to follow and trust his blockers...he will be as dangerous of a RB as there is in the league. That isn't guaranteed though. Hopefully his problem is just the shitty Olines he had to deal with in college, and it isn't just ingrained in him permanently.

Julio was overrated in college, but is probably one of the best WRs in the league in a few years. I don't think he gave his college career the 100% that he is giving his pro career now.

It was too bad Wilson started off his career with a fumble. Got in the doghouse, and stayed there for a long while. But the guy has a lot of talent, and it showed once they got him the ball. I know that this year, I am drafting him in any league I play. I really liked the Giants pick of Pugh, he should make the line better from day one. And I think by week 4 or so Wilson will be the full time starter for the Giants.

As for Jones, I didn't really follow his days in college. In the pro's he has been excellent. Did the Falcons overpaid to get him? Hell yeah, and White should had made the probowl, not Jones. However, he is a very highly skilled WR. He will never be the best WR in the league, but should be in the top 5 by next season.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, one more thing, old man gone? Ray Lewis barely played last season. Ray Ray only played in 6 games last season, and remember Suggs was injured too. So the Ravens could had put Upshaw there all day long. Hey, tell me now about Bennett in Buffalo next, I bet he is also wrecking it.

You seem solely hell bent negative on anything that is Alabama football, which tells me that your butthurt from something in your past and cant let it go. Hate that you feel that way, but I only worry about the accomplishments of the Alabama players while they are just that. Once they move on they become the responsibility of that team and its coach. What they do in the NFL is on them and the coaches who are using their talents, maybe correctly, maybe not. What is telling is how a college coach can get more out of them sometimes than the coaches at the next level. Yes i realize the level of competition is a bit different, but they have the tools to play at that level or they wouldnt have been drafted, seeing as the team who did spent hours looking at film, interviewing, scouting ETC. So who does it fall on if they dont or cant produce at that level, certainly not the coaches at Alabama.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem solely hell bent negative on anything that is Alabama football, which tells me that your butthurt from something in your past and cant let it go. Hate that you feel that way, but I only worry about the accomplishments of the Alabama players while they are just that. Once they move on they become the responsibility of that team and its coach. What they do in the NFL is on them and the coaches who are using their talents, maybe correctly, maybe not. What is telling is how a college coach can get more out of them sometimes than the coaches at the next level. Yes i realize the level of competition is a bit different, but they have the tools to play at that level or they wouldnt have been drafted, seeing as the team who did spent hours looking at film, interviewing, scouting ETC. So who does it fall on if they dont or cant produce at that level, certainly not the coaches at Alabama.

here is pretty much everything that I think about Bama, and their fans.

*I think Bama fans have great knowledge of the game, are extremely loyal to the program, and are very proud of it.

*I think this pride, and loyalty sometimes makes them lose perception.

*I think the fans sometimes seek too much respect. For example, forcing others to think that the 2011 is not a sham. And that some of the titles they count are not shams either.

*I think Nick Saban is the best coach in college football.

*I would not bat an eyelash if it was revealed that Bama players are on the juice.

*Since Saban took over, they have had a pipeline of talent to the NFL, however this talent hasn't really been as great as some want you to believe.

*LSU, Florida, and even UGA has produced better NFL players.

*I believe that Bama has worked extremely hard for their status.

that's all, if you think that means I am butthurt, then I am butthurt.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is pretty much everything that I think about Bama, and their fans.

*I think Bama fans have great knowledge of the game, are extremely loyal to the program, and are very proud of it.
This statement very true

*I think this pride, and loyalty sometimes makes them lose perception.
Perception is a two way street as evidence by your next statement.

*I think the fans sometimes seek too much respect. For example, forcing others to think that the 2011 is not a sham. And that some of the titles they count are not shams either.
I look at it this way, if a title is won based on not breaking the rules set forth in the guidelines all teams play under, then its as legit as any other and thus, not a sham.Your OPINION of that title being a sham does not make it a correct assumption

*I think Nick Saban is the best coach in college football.
Never a truer word spoken

*I would not bat an eyelash if it was revealed that Bama players are on the juice.
Much the same as i would not bat an eyelash if the found that all teams have players who juice, tit for tat world, get over it.

*Since Saban took over, they have had a pipeline of talent to the NFL, however this talent hasn't really been as great as some want you to believe.
And that is Saban or Alabama's fault how? Its the Job of the Talent scouts and coaches to get and mold these players to the next level, not the coaches at Alabama. Those players are chosen based on their upside, if the NFL coaches cant get it from them, its on them solely.

*LSU, Florida, and even UGA has produced better NFL players.
Wow, and how many QB's were taken in the same draft as Brady? No one knows who is going to produce at the next level until they actually do it. You can only draft based on knowledge of the player and his athleticism and the intangibles they bring with them. Its all a crap shoot.

*I believe that Bama has worked extremely hard for their status.
And will continue to do so. We lost a legend that had major ties to the Bear this past month, but the program endures and will honor that mans memory by continuing to be the program that he wanted Bama to return to being. Nick Saban was hired due to his similarity in coaching style to the Bear and Mal Moore knew this. Its no surprise to those of us who pull for Alabama and remember the days of old that Alabama is back on top, its architect knew Alabama to his core and knew Saban was the right man to return us to prominence.

that's all, if you think that means I am butthurt, then I am butthurt.

Answered you above in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answered you above in your post.

no one is saying that is Bama's fault their players don't do as great as some expect in the NFL, but it is a fact. And is solely the fault of the coaches to not get more out of the players? Is not on the player? I am pretty sure, it is on the players.

And you and I can argue about 2011 for forever. You, enjoy it, but don't expect for a second that I will not think of it as a scam and nothing more.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is saying that is Bama's fault their players don't do as great as some expect in the NFL, but it is a fact. And is solely the fault of the coaches to not get more out of the players? Is not on the player? I am pretty sure, it is on the players.

And you and I can argue about 2011 for forever. You, enjoy it, but don't expect for a second that I will not think of it as a scam and nothing more.

Mis-poke as its also on the players to achieve more along with the coaching staff to get it out of them. Whether that happens is on the individuals involved. As I said before, what they do in the NFL is of no concern to me(unless they are on the team i pull for) and its all a crap shoot as to who will or wont.

And the last statement is your perception and certainly not reality. As you said, thats a fact. Its a part of life you cannot change and was done under the same rules everyone agrees to each season, thus making it not a sham. Your personal feelings dont matter and no matter how much you say any other team could beat another by, it only works out if they play, otherwise its your perception, thus not reality or fact.