• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Draft picks. Only one pick

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pick is Elliot, We trade back 3 or 4 spots get a franchise RB. We also gain an additional pick maybe another 3rd for moving back 3 spots. This marks the offense better, protects the defense and protects Romo.

Why not Bosa: not an Elite Pass Rusher and he has some Character questions.
Why not Ramsey: Because S.D. probably drafts him
Why not Jack: This is a hard one, I think ultimately in the immediate time Elliot help the team on both sides of the ball more than Jack can.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this is BPA that can help us win now then I can certainly see elliot being the pick. the short shelf life of running backs is a concern. but what if elliot ends up as good as AP?. is bosa a top 5 talent? IDK. jack is a freakish athlete, but the knee concerns me. I can just envision dallas playing smash mouth with elliot. I think Ramsey goes one or 3. Trading down would put us at risk at not getting any of the 3 players you mention. screw that

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torn between Elliott and Jack as far as my second choice. I saw where we brought in Alfred Morris today.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torn between Elliott and Jack as far as my second choice. I saw where we brought in Alfred Morris today.
Interesting. I mentioned him a while ago because I felt he provided a skill set our other guys don't have in the short yardage and power running game and where he is lacking (receiving, speed, quickness, open field ability) we really wouldn't need him. Let's see what kind of dollars he wants. IMO he is a complimentary back only. Not sure he would be willing to be paid that way.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brought in for a visit I should have said- suppose to come Monday

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brought in for a visit I should have said- suppose to come Monday
I would like to see a guy like him on the roster come week 1. McFadden and Dunbar are about as far from him as could be. But, whether it's him, some other FA or a draft pick/UFDA doesn't matter much to me. Just would like to see us line up in 3rd and 1 (and even 2 or 3) and run it right up their ass even though they know it's coming. That is how you break a teams will...

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see a guy like him on the roster come week 1. McFadden and Dunbar are about as far from him as could be. But, whether it's him, some other FA or a draft pick/UFDA doesn't matter much to me. Just would like to see us line up in 3rd and 1 (and even 2 or 3) and run it right up their ass even though they know it's coming. That is how you break a teams will...

Weren't the Boys one of the worst in the league last year picking up 3 and short yardage? Morris could help that, but I don't know what he would cost?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pick is Elliot, We trade back 3 or 4 spots get a franchise RB. We also gain an additional pick maybe another 3rd for moving back 3 spots. This marks the offense better, protects the defense and protects Romo.

Why not Bosa: not an Elite Pass Rusher and he has some Character questions.
Why not Ramsey: Because S.D. probably drafts him
Why not Jack: This is a hard one, I think ultimately in the immediate time Elliot help the team on both sides of the ball more than Jack can.
I said the exact same thing. You trade to 7 w SF bc Philly may have their eyes on Zeke and not showing the hand. We interviewed him and every writer is jumping on the defense for 8th pick. I'm not buying it. I think we have Zeke pegged at 8. If Dallas wants him, trade with SF at 7 imo.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the exact same thing. You trade to 7 w SF bc Philly may have their eyes on Zeke and not showing the hand. We interviewed him and every writer is jumping on the defense for 8th pick. I'm not buying it. I think we have Zeke pegged at 8. If Dallas wants him, trade with SF at 7 imo.
So he is a good pick at 7, but not at 4:noidea:??? Also, how do you know he doesn't go at 4,5 or 6?
I wouldn't take him, but If you like a player that is the only possibility at his position you take him, you don't try to get cute...and who knows if 7 wants to trade

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he is a good pick at 7, but not at 4:noidea:??? Also, how do you know he doesn't go at 4,5 or 6?
I wouldn't take him, but If you like a player that is the only possibility at his position you take him, you don't try to get cute...and who knows if 7 wants to trade
Fair enough. I think the teams up to SF are going defense. Just my opinion. The trade to 7 is to get another pick. SF is obviously going QB. I think Jacksonville goes with Jack. SD is an interesting one because it would not surprise me if they went with Bosa, even with the 3-4 defense they run. Cleveland will go QB. Again, just my opinion.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking at 4 well who is left ?
Wentz
Elliot
Lawson
Jack
Ramsey
in that order for me

other opinions will vary

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot would do DAMAGE behind that line.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure like the LA Tech runningback...wonder if he would last into late 3, early 4
that would Kenneth Dixon he has shot up the draft boards since the senior bowl some now have him as a 2nd round pick I like him also only weakness is his pass protection which can be taught

Some say he is a bit to small Hmmm Dallas had a runner like that around here before anybody remember his name? not comparing just saying

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling the cowboys will have regrets in a few years if they pass on goff. Goff is not going to be a bust. he looks like a future pro bowler. he is my pick

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would Kenneth Dixon he has shot up the draft boards since the senior bowl some now have him as a 2nd round pick I like him also only weakness is his pass protection which can be taught

Some say he is a bit to small Hmmm Dallas had a runner like that around here before anybody remember his name? not comparing just saying
he can sure catch the football and would give Dunbar serious comp.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure like the LA Tech runningback...wonder if he would last into late 3, early 4
Man, after reading scouting reports on that kid I had the same thoughts about Emmitt. Great vision, never gets hit head on, quicker than fast, runs bigger than he is, always going forward....I'm not sure he makes it to round 3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling the cowboys will have regrets in a few years if they pass on goff. Goff is not going to be a bust. he looks like a future pro bowler. he is my pick
Hardly anyone is picking QB for Dallas at 4 now, but long term, it would be the best call IMO. Short term, DB, DE and RB could akll have a more immediate impact

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly anyone is picking QB for Dallas at 4 now, but long term, it would be the best call IMO. Short term, DB, DE and RB could akll have a more immediate impact

Guess the question could be, do you build the rest of the team through the draft now, and hope Romo is available enough the next couple years to keep you in contention for a title, while managing the cap? If Romo gives you a chance and you can build through the draft the next couple years and have significant dollars to add a FA QB at some point, the Boys may continue to ignore the QB situation in the draft?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess the question could be, do you build the rest of the team through the draft now, and hope Romo is available enough the next couple years to keep you in contention for a title, while managing the cap? If Romo gives you a chance and you can build through the draft the next couple years and have significant dollars to add a FA QB at some point, the Boys may continue to ignore the QB situation in the draft?
I think they will play it the same way they have for the last few years, if Goff or Wentz is on the board and they have them rated as BPA, they will take a QB. If not, they won't. As well as this team has drafted the last 5 years, I'm not going to complain either way. If they go QB, it may not help us on the field next season, but if this scouting department takes one at #4, I think he will be a heck of a player for us