• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

offense

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
kovalchuk was beast mode tonight. i was at the game and it seemed like he never left the ice. i thought zid played great too there were some plays where he didnt get the puck in the zone but he was driving up and down incase the pass came to him. something our defense never does.

this was a great game obviously because they won esp a blow out. but you watch the 3rd line and yeah they got the goal late but number of times they were down in the corners cycling for good 30 seconds clips wear them down. only downside would be sykora's play just doesnt seem to have the pop maybe sit a game get his legs back?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
games like this make me believe that the devils get out of the 1st round. building should be rocking after missing the playoffs last year and kovalchuk is just going to feed off that. esp if we open up on the road and come home 1-1 ESP if its 2-0

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the 3rd n 4th line got some big minutes last night and I luv'd that they did. Not only gives rest to the top lines but also builds up their confidence and improve their play.

Kovy was an animal. That quick shot from Parise was beautiful, those two are clicking more so than before.

I mentioned in another thread and i'll bring it here, is there anyone out there that can move with the puck in and out and around defendors like Kovy can?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just has a whole different gear. Saw last night his linemates went off a rush came out of the zone and he wasn't even a step behind. I really see him playing the whole 15 years of this contract. Best trade in devils history

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just has a whole different gear. Saw last night his linemates went off a rush came out of the zone and he wasn't even a step behind. I really see him playing the whole 15 years of this contract. Best trade in devils history

The jury is still out on best trade in Devils history. That got me thinking we haven't had a ton of major trades. We gave up next to nothing to get Mogilny, that's probably the best I can think of now.

I would like to see more out of Sykora. He certainly looks like he could benefit from a game or 2 off, or a short stint on the 4th line just to get his legs back. JJ has played great lately. This team has a lot of depth and they will be tough to matchup against line for line.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kovy's trade is def up there outta the best in our history..Im still partial to the trade that landed us the pick where we selected Niedermayer.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Nieds is part of a some Cups for us lol.....

If Kovy is able bring home the Cup though, I could see that trade being elevated.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's true with nieds and marty. but there were still some uncertainty if they would even get them. What if the flames took Marty or what if the sharks took nieds?

Player for player wise. I Think best. Gave up nothing and he is entering his prime

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Parise and Kovy getting goals early, (like game 1 early) in a playoff series will be exceptionally important. Shake that pressure early.