• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now theres a report - another bench warrant

kagey7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for Von out of Orange County. Got a ticket - didn't take care of it - now a bench warrant. New record for Von - that's two new warrants in a week. What's next? Anyone feel like we'll see him on the field this year and........ever?

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for Von out of Orange County. Got a ticket - didn't take care of it - now a bench warrant. New record for Von - that's two new warrants in a week. What's next? Anyone feel like we'll see him on the field this year and........ever?

This is unbelievable, you would think he would have taken care of this as soon as he was arrested for falure to appear the first time. How can you get so many traffic tickets? He may want to hire a full time driver and an assistant to keep track of his damn court dates.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not two new warrants in a week.

The first warrant was issued in Arapahoe County, CO in March for his failure to appear on New Years eve 2012.

That has been taken care of.

This warrant in Orange County, CA was issued last year, in 2012.

His lawyer is working to get it resolved in the next 24 hours.

He got a ticket this week, and there is a report it was just a warning.

So no new warrants this week, let alone two.

Stop overreacting.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I posted in the other thread

Last edited by a moderator:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not two new warrants in a week.

The first warrant was issued in Arapahoe County, CO in March for his failure to appear on New Years eve 2012.

That has been taken care of.

This warrant in Orange County, CA was issued last year, in 2012.

His lawyer is working to get it resolved in the next 24 hours.

He got a ticket this week, and there is a report it was just a warning.

So no new warrants this week, let alone two.

Stop overreacting.

Dude....you're making it sound like all of this is OK. It's not....even if this one in Orange County isn't legit. :wtf2:

This is a multi-million dollar athlete, who if he had any sense of responsibility, would not allow this kind of shit to happen. There is nothing about this situation that is acceptable, and I don't think many of us are overreacting. It's absurd that he's let shit unfold like this over the past couple months.

He's not above the law. He needs to get through his thick ass head!!:doh:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude....you're making it sound like all of this is OK. It's not....even if this one in Orange County isn't legit. :wtf2:

This is a multi-million dollar athlete, who if he had any sense of responsibility, would not allow this kind of shit to happen. There is nothing about this situation that is acceptable, and I don't think many of us are overreacting. It's absurd that he's let shit unfold like this over the past couple months.

He's not above the law. He needs to get through his thick ass head!!:doh:

Who said it was ok? I am saying quit making a big deal out of it.

First of all, your opinion has ZERO effect on the outcome of any of this.

Secondly, with a screenname like MrDoc420, you sound like a bit of a hypocrite pointing fingers of blame at Miller for his personal behavior.

Lastly, until his speeding tickets, driving under suspension and FTA warrants get him suspended from more games...

THIS IS A NON ISSUE.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said it was ok? I am saying quit making a big deal out of it.

First of all, your opinion has ZERO effect on the outcome of any of this.

Secondly, with a screenname like MrDoc420, you sound like a bit of a hypocrite pointing fingers of blame at Miller for his personal behavior.

Lastly, until his speeding tickets, driving under suspension and FTA warrants get him suspended from more games...

THIS IS A NON ISSUE.

I'm not a professional athlete who is in the spotlight 24/7 and I don't get drug tested for my job......and I still do my job quite well. I'm one of the millions of people out there who'd rather roll a joint then go pound a 12 pack every night......sue me :lame:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, I've been rolling ith that screen name on the ESPN message boards for the past 14 years and thought I'd just bring it here because alot of regulars know me by that name.

No need to get personal my man.....simmer down. :suds:

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, I've been rolling ith that screen name on the ESPN message boards for the past 14 years and thought I'd just bring it here because alot of regulars know me by that name.

Dont you mean

smileys-passing-joint.gif
?

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's rich. You have been skewering Von MIller for 24 hours and you tell me to simmer down.

I am not getting personal, you are with your condemnation of Von Miller over a traffic case in CA that turns out was settled last year.

I am the one telling people to chill out and simmer down because they have been overreacting.

I simply pointed out that your screen name suggested you are a marijuana user (Whether that is true or not is none of my business but you are the one putting the perception out there with that screen name) and that for you to be judgmental about Von Miller's situation seems hypocritical.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a professional athlete who is in the spotlight 24/7 and I don't get drug tested for my job......and I still do my job quite well. I'm one of the millions of people out there who'd rather roll a joint then go pound a 12 pack every night......sue me :lame:

Wait. Let me get this straight.

You think because you do not get drug tested for your job, that it is ok to judge someone (Without the facts I might add) and condemn their personal choices, just because they are a star athlete?

The definition of hypocrisy.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Let me get this straight.

You think because you do not get drug tested for your job, that it is ok to judge someone (Without the facts I might add) and condemn their personal choices, just because they are a star athlete?

The definition of hypocrisy.

I guess I'm a hypocrite then. There, I just helped you get everything "straight".

Doesn't change the fact that one of our best/biggest star players has made several poor decisions over the past couple months, and it's all making him look quite foolish.

This has nothing to do with me, and YES, because they are star athletes, they are held to a higher level of accountability then your average Joe citizen because they're constantly in the public eye and are role models for younger kids. These types of indiscrestions are nothing to new to world of sports......and if you've paid any attention to this stuff you'd know there is always significant backlash. Fox has already made it abundantly clear that he's not happy about this new traffic incident, so it doesn't really matter what you or I think. The fact he had his dad, who is a licensed driver, with him at the time just make it that much more head scratching. You can try and argue that all you want :bullshit:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm a hypocrite then. There, I just helped you get everything "straight".

Doesn't change the fact that one of our best/biggest star players has made several poor decisions over the past couple months, and it's all making him look quite foolish.

This has nothing to do with me, and YES, because they are star athletes, they are held to a higher level of accountability then your average Joe citizen because they're constantly in the public eye and are role models for younger kids. These types of indiscrestions are nothing to new to world of sports......and if you've paid any attention to this stuff you'd know there is always significant backlash. Fox has already made it abundantly clear that he's not happy about this new traffic incident, so it doesn't really matter what you or I think. The fact he had his dad, who is a licensed driver, with him at the time just make it that much more head scratching. You can try and argue that all you want :bullshit:
Charles Barkley said it best: "I'm not a role model... Just because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids."

Same theoretically holds true for Von Miller. And it's unfair to hold him to a higher standard than you would Joe Schmo just because he's popular and makes money. He's human, just like the rest of us.

Do I find it troubling that he seems to be making the same mistakes over again? Yes. But let's remember that the vast majority of Miller's unfortunate decisions occurred in 2012. The reality is that the only poor decision he's made since then is this week's traffic incident.

It's a worrisome trend, yes. However, it's not like he's gone all Titus Young on the Broncos and gone on some stupidity spree. Yes, it seems like it, because of all the reporting. The fact still remains that the only poor decision he's made (that we know of) in the past several months is get pulled over. Everything else happened several months ago, and even then was spread out over several months more.

Now the one thing that should bother us as Bronco fans is his recent pee test. We'll never know for sure, but it appears he was hiding something (or trying to). So until he proves otherwise, I'm not convinced he can keep himself clean for the time he's in the substance abuse program. But, he still has that opportunity. As for the alcohol, unless he goes to practice drunk, it's very unlikely they'll find much in testing. Alcohol metabolizes quickly and then is gone. It doesn't persist like other drugs do.

The traffic tickets themselves don't bother me, and they don't appear to bother Goodell. And if that's where he stays, oh well. Do they reflect poor decision making? Sure. However, they are still very minor, and it's unfair to chastise him for something "he might possibly do in the future". This isn't Minority Report.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Barkley said it best: "I'm not a role model... Just because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids."

Same theoretically holds true for Von Miller. And it's unfair to hold him to a higher standard than you would Joe Schmo just because he's popular and makes money. He's human, just like the rest of us.

Do I find it troubling that he seems to be making the same mistakes over again? Yes. But let's remember that the vast majority of Miller's unfortunate decisions occurred in 2012. The reality is that the only poor decision he's made since then is this week's traffic incident.

It's a worrisome trend, yes. However, it's not like he's gone all Titus Young on the Broncos and gone on some stupidity spree. Yes, it seems like it, because of all the reporting. The fact still remains that the only poor decision he's made (that we know of) in the past several months is get pulled over. Everything else happened several months ago, and even then was spread out over several months more.

Now the one thing that should bother us as Bronco fans is his recent pee test. We'll never know for sure, but it appears he was hiding something (or trying to). So until he proves otherwise, I'm not convinced he can keep himself clean for the time he's in the substance abuse program. But, he still has that opportunity. As for the alcohol, unless he goes to practice drunk, it's very unlikely they'll find much in testing. Alcohol metabolizes quickly and then is gone. It doesn't persist like other drugs do.

The traffic tickets themselves don't bother me, and they don't appear to bother Goodell. And if that's where he stays, oh well. Do they reflect poor decision making? Sure. However, they are still very minor, and it's unfair to chastise him for something "he might possibly do in the future". This isn't Minority Report.
:suds::10:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You seem to have difficulty keeping the facts and the time line straight. Must be the dope.

You said, "Doesn't change the fact that one of our best/biggest star players has made several poor decisions over the past couple months, "

As far as I can tell, the only poor decision he has made the last couple of months is speed and drive with a suspended licence. We do not even now if he drove under suspension intentionally, or if he had no idea his license was suspended.

That is it the last couple of months.

His FTA in Colorado was on New Years Eve, 2012. 9 months ago.

His failed drug test was his rookie year, 2011. His failure to comply wit the program was in 2012.

You are acting like he did all this in the last 2 months.

It was all just reported in the last few months.

And, as already posted, the NFL does not care about traffic offenses and has no comment.

Why is is such a big deal to you?

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"This has nothing to do with me, and YES, because they are star athletes, they are held to a higher level of accountability then your average Joe citizen because they're constantly in the public eye and are role models for younger kids."

No. They are held to a higher accountability by the NFL, because the NFL wants to protect it's brand and keep raking in billions of dollars.

Let's get that straight.

These are not role models. They are gladiators.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs]Are You Not Entertained? - YouTube[/ame]