• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now Ben was faking his shoulder injury!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really disagree...(Supposedly) he went into more detail about the injury on some local radio show Monday than most "experts" expected. (I heard this earlier in the week on NFL channel, but didn't hear his words myself) Usually, the information would have been a little more guarded or vague. Obviously, the media feels the need to drum up something during the week to hold everyone's attention.

Not a big deal IMO, and he played his ass off as expected. And yes, Talib is a doosh.
Hard to say. But I hear ya. Media loves to throw fuel on the embers.

Case in point... I just wasted 5 minutes reading a stupid story about how the Shitcinnati Bungals are "tweeting" about how happy they are the Steelers lost... As if anyone gives a flying fuck about what they think right now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how good someone is at something, you can always be better. I am going based on general guidelines that I have read about what an NFL Quarterback typically is. Maybe, his personal team trainer told him to stay heavier, I don't know. What I do know, is that he has had nagging injuries, and many of them soft tissue injuries over his career. Is that all bad luck? Maybe. Maybe not. But there have been several cases of NFL Quarterbacks who have decided to lose weight in the offseason.
Are these "general guidelines" something that you read about from some no-name sports analyst with no medical experience? Because how the fuck could any doctor or trainer put a limit or set guidelines on these sorts of things? I'm sure you would like to tell me that Jerome Bettis would have been better at his position if he was, "a little tighter around the waste". :rolleyes2:

You could take one of the most physically conditioned players in the game and throw him into the same situations that Ben has been in, and I would say without any doubt that the injuries suffered from said player would be the same if not worse than what Ben has suffered. And no, I'm not a doctor, physician, or trainer... Which makes that statement purely speculative, but if you try to tell me that someone would not have suffered the same fate... Then I'm pretty damn positive that >90% of anyone you talk to will call you a dumbass.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these "general guidelines" something that you read about from some no-name sports analyst with no medical experience? Because how the fuck could any doctor or trainer put a limit or set guidelines on these sorts of things? I'm sure you would like to tell me that Jerome Bettis would have been better at his position if he was, "a little tighter around the waste". :rolleyes2:

You could take one of the most physically conditioned players in the game and throw him into the same situations that Ben has been in, and I would say without any doubt that the injuries suffered from said player would be the same if not worse than what Ben has suffered. And no, I'm not a doctor, physician, or trainer... Which makes that statement purely speculative, but if you try to tell me that someone would not have suffered the same fate... Then I'm pretty damn positive that >90% of anyone you talk to will call you a dumbass.
Not so much guidelines as averages.

So you think Ben has just gotten unlucky with the amount of injuries he has obtained over the years? And that coinciding with him probably having the highest BF% of any QB in the league.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much guidelines as averages.

So you think Ben has just gotten unlucky with the amount of injuries he has obtained over the years? And that coinciding with him probably having the highest BF% of any QB in the league.
Definitely. You watch a replay of all his injuries and prove me wrong. If any of those injuries had been from lighter hits or from his falling/landing awkwardly then I would agree with you. But fact is, all of his injuries are from brutal hits. That's just the way he plays. Doesn't take a medical professional to see that. That said, I would say he plays pretty reckless because of his willingness to get hit, but more often than not he gets back up. Doubt any QB in the league would be able to play his style and play as much as he does. Redundant point, because there's no way to prove it.

But the fact remains. Ben is not going to be remembered by his weight. He's going to be a first ballot HOFer and maybe, just maybe people will bring up the fact that his style of play didn't allow him to endure full seasons very often. But there's no fucking way that anyone talks about his weight contributing to that. Not a chance.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. You watch a replay of all his injuries and prove me wrong. If any of those injuries had been from lighter hits or from his falling/landing awkwardly then I would agree with you. But fact is, all of his injuries are from brutal hits. That's just the way he plays. Doesn't take a medical professional to see that. That said, I would say he plays pretty reckless because of his willingness to get hit, but more often than not he gets back up. Doubt any QB in the league would be able to play his style and play as much as he does. Redundant point, because there's no way to prove it.

But the fact remains. Ben is not going to be remembered by his weight. He's going to be a first ballot HOFer and maybe, just maybe people will bring up the fact that his style of play didn't allow him to endure full seasons very often. But there's no fucking way that anyone talks about his weight contributing to that. Not a chance.
I kinda see your point.

I am just saying it doesn't take a medical professional to know that the more body fat you carry, the more likely you are to sustain injuries from it. You can tell that Ben carries more body fat than most QBs. I would say that with Ben's style of play, if he was on the frail side, ala RG3, he never would have lasted. You can also be too muscular to be a QB. Tebow's arms are too big and it slows his release down. Maybe Ben really is at the perfect weight for his style. I was just throwing it out there because he does get injured a lot and atleast a handful of QBs have said that they lost weight in previous offseasons. Rodgers, Cutler, Rivers to name 3 right off the top of my head.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually a physical trainer and amateur bodybuilder. I have read publications on optimal competing weight for a variety of athletes. But this is the internet and I am sure you think everyone on here doesn't do anything for a living because that is how you are.
well im not a physical trainer, im in rehab though, you should know as a physical trainer, that everyones different, also body composition can vary drastically from person to person, as can weight, muscle, water etc......however, if bens weight was an issue, they would of addressed it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cam i think could, just throwing that out there

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought it was weird how he left the Bengals game on a golf cart...that's usually a sign that the injury is pretty severe, and also that's usually for leg or neck/head/spine injuries.

Not only was it not any leg or neck injury, but he came back and played in the same game.

"Faking" may not be the word wanted here, but "attention-seeking drama queen" might be.

No Hater...

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by saying that they "should" are you implying that you are some sort of NFL expert analyst or professional doctor?

Shut the fuck up before you embarrass yourself.

you are far too late with this warning

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hats-off to the Steelers, great season [with injuries,etc.],great game yesterday,.......that fkkn rb/fumble was the turning-pt. yesterday obviously,....hopefully you'z softened them up a bit = we'll finish the JOB/sunday.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by saying that they "should" are you implying that you are some sort of NFL expert analyst or professional doctor?

Shut the fuck up before you embarrass yourself.

People are entitled to their opinions, Mrs. Rothlesburger .

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought it was weird how he left the Bengals game on a golf cart...that's usually a sign that the injury is pretty severe, and also that's usually for leg or neck/head/spine injuries.
Not only was it not any leg or neck injury, but he came back and played in the same game.
"Faking" may not be the word wanted here, but "attention-seeking drama queen" might be.

No Hater...

:agree:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No Hater...

He was pulling a Paul Pierce ;) (where they carted Pierce out on a wheel chair, only to have him return for the 4th quarter)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like Ben doesn't have a habit of telling people he's more hurt than he actually is, wait that's exactly what he does.

Congrats on the win, but Ben doesn't really make up medical reports does he...he just goes with whatever is said...the media is the one that blows up injuries.

On the 1st Steeler play you can tell with 8 guys in the box, DEN wanted to know early whether Ben could throw or not.

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys act like he's talking about your wife when he says Ben should lose some weight. I'd say it's pretty hard to dispute. How many other QBs look "chubby?"

That said, he's amazing. No matter how many injuries and how depleted the roster is he's one of the best.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No Hater...
giphy.gif