• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nothing Really New on Gagne

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All seems quiet on the trade front. I was in the car for a while listening to Sirius NHL station. The only mention of a trade was that Gagnes agent had been given permission to speak with other teams. What does that mean? Not too sure other than if he is trying to work an extension for after this year. No speculation regarding which teams. Commentator indicated that if the Kings do not sign Kovy, this could be a good fit (way to go out on a limb:D).

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All seems quiet on the trade front. I was in the car for a while listening to Sirius NHL station. The only mention of a trade was that Gagnes agent had been given permission to speak with other teams. What does that mean? Not too sure other than if he is trying to work an extension for after this year. No speculation regarding which teams. Commentator indicated that if the Kings do not sign Kovy, this could be a good fit (way to go out on a limb:D).

Yeah, it appears that Kovy needs to be the first domino to fall. Once he stops Favre-ing around, and picks a team, it will likely set off a fairly sizable chain reaction.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
davn what are the chances you could dress up like lombardi and forget this kovalchuk nonsense and trade for gags so we can get some closure?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously really like Gagne as I've watched him play on our team for an entire decade, but the fact of the matter is that two of his last three seasons have been a disaster due to injury. I don't know if the Flyers want to take the risk anymore. That said, we better get something decent in return for him when he's traded because he is quite capable of scoring 30+ goals and 70+ points if he stays healthy.

We all have to remember that Hartnell is a guy who really does not have a lot of skill, is wildly inconsistent and routinely leads the league in minor penalties. He's had one good season out of three while he's been here. I'm sure we could do without him, especially if another Nhl team actually wants to eat his $4.2 million contract.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this part:

**Update** It appears that Simon Gagne and Scott Hartnell could be leaving the Flyers shortly. Possibly sending them both to the Kings, no word on what the Flyers would be receiving in return.

Signed by - (nobody)

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
**Update** It appears that Simon Gagne and Scott Hartnell could be leaving the Flyers shortly. Possibly sending them both to the Kings, no word on what the Flyers would be receiving in return.

If I absolutely have to, I'd settle for Doughty.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Kopitar's a fine player and the Kings pay him as such. Even if they decided to do so a few years too early.

But they had to reach the cap floor somehow.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish we could have him...how bout Doughty and Brown for gags and Harts?

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like I believe the "update" but who could LA be offering back that the Flyers woudl be interested in?

I'm not saying LA doesn't have the players/assests to compensate us appropriately but DL has made it abundentely clear that he doesn't want to trade any of his "core" away. So what does that leave? Williams, Handzus, Stoll? They would all be bottom 6 forwards on our team. I'm also relatively sure DL has ruled out all chances of trading Bernier away. So to me LA is looking for a trade partner who will purely take a chance on the prospects they're willing to give up for proven NHL players.

I personally believe that Gags will end up in Tampa this year since Yzerman is a big fan of Gags 2 way play. I'm not saying we're going to get some sort of phenominal return from TB but if we're not getting top end goalie(or prospect to at least compete with/push leights) I don't really see the point of taking a bad return for a good player. Conversely sending Gags to TB keeps him in the conference and LA may actually have the better prospects.

I'm just hoping Homer takes his time to wiegh his options rather then making a rash decision as soon as the Kovy hammer falls just to get cap compliant. There are currently multiple guys the Flyers could move(aside from Carter who would get us the biggest return) and we do have 2 months(?) to get under the cap. Either way I've settled in for a long summer since Kovy seems to want to be a douchebag about things, maybe they should just give him a TV special to announce his decision....

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is that Gags has to go for cap space which means we are looking for prospects or picks. Since we are $2.5 over, by trading Gags we would have about $2.7. The most salary we would take back is about $2.0 so don't expect much. The way to look at is that Gags went for Picks, prospects and Zherdev. Otherwise it is a straight salary dump.

The only other guy with a sufficient salary and that does not have a NTC is Carter. Hartnell, if he waives, would open $1.7 wich would let us go with someone like Powe and and have about $700k. Add Coburn and we could have some fun, but we would need another 4-5. Homer, however, seems to be in love with him. :confused:If Marshall was ready....

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is that Gags has to go for cap space which means we are looking for prospects or picks. Since we are $2.5 over, by trading Gags we would have about $2.7. The most salary we would take back is about $2.0 so don't expect much. The way to look at is that Gags went for Picks, prospects and Zherdev. Otherwise it is a straight salary dump.

The only other guy with a sufficient salary and that does not have a NTC is Carter. Hartnell, if he waives, would open $1.7 wich would let us go with someone like Powe and and have about $700k. Add Coburn and we could have some fun, but we would need another 4-5. Homer, however, seems to be in love with him. :confused:If Marshall was ready....

Yea chy I totally get why we have to make a trade to free up cap space. I wasn't clear though I suppose. I meant that if they were packing gags and harts to LA the return would be small even though we would have freed up a little under 7m(w/o resigning powe). I come to this conclusion cause it seem DL is only willing to trade non-NHL caliber players away and want everyone else to send him top 6 F or top 4 D.

I still believe gags has a good chance to end up in TB and that well get better value from them. Then again I also believe harts has something to prove this year and will get back to his 30g form. I can't help it he looked like a man on a mission after the first round last season.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
only want bernier, doughty, kopitar, brown, quick, or johnson. Unfortunately i am sure they are considered the "core"

I'll settle for Justin Williams though. He was a favorite of mine.