• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not winnin' for MacKinnon etc.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if Anderson isn't at his absolute best Tavares might get 5 goals tonight. 3 AHLers in the lineup on D and two of them still need work on their lateral mobility. JT could absolutely torch these guys if he gets the right matchup.

Of course the "good" matchups for the Sens would include having a rusty Phillips and Serge Gonchar out there. :L

This could end very badly.

D Brian Strait hit a rut yesterday & broke his ankle. Nobody even touched him.:L He's done for the year. Radek Martinek who played 9 games last year before a season ending injury is taking his place. This could be a high scoring game, but Anderson is so much better than DP it's :scared:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Brian Strait hit a rut yesterday & broke his ankle. Nobody even touched him.:L He's done for the year. Radek Martinek who played 9 games last year before a season ending injury is taking his place. This could be a high scoring game, but Anderson is so much better than DP it's :scared:

At least Tavares is playing. I haven't watched him in the NHL this year but I'm looking forward to it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys... The Binghamton...errrr Ottawa Senators call dibs on Seth Jones. In three years I'd be happy to see a Jones-Karlsson pairing.

great_success_by_merionminor-d4xmjry.png

We're pretty set on D, so we'll see how it shakes out. We can help guarantee you Jones. Just gonna cost you Ben Bishop.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Leafs would have this MacKinnon thing locked up by now, considering they've iced 3 AHL'ers on D and a goaltending tandem of Scrivens and Reimer. Still lots of time, I suppose.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Leafs would have this MacKinnon thing locked up by now, considering they've iced 3 AHL'ers on D and a goaltending tandem of Scrivens and Reimer. Still lots of time, I suppose.

Their goaltending has been outstanding & JVR is living up to the lofty expectations of his draft year. Now that Burke is gone Kadri has been given a chance to play. The Leafs are better than many believe.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carlyle is a good coach.

Ron Wilson? Not so much. The Leafs should stay in the mix for a playoff spot right to the end.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the weekend somebody said Jarmo could trade Jack Johnson. What have you heard?

I think that was born from "The Jackets have D to spare, could trade someone for forwards" and people took that to "JACK JOHNSON IS MARKETABLE!"

Nothing specific, but the recent Golubef call up, the steady play of Moore and even Erixon not screwing the pooch have shown that there is redundancy at the NHL level. Or at the very least, they could lose a roster D-man and not hurt too bad. Aucoin was out and the D did not get markedly better or worse.

I don't see it being Johnson, unless he is unhappy in the room. And nothing indicates that. He has chemistry with Wiz, is playing ungodly minutes and seems to genuinely like the local media and fans. Plus Wiz-Johnson and Moore - Murray is a pretty attractive top two. Especially if Golubef - Tyutin is the third with Savard able to step in. Next year...

I wouldn't be surprised if Nikitin goes, though. He's had a rough couple of weeks, and it's starting to not make sense to keep him here in Golubef's way.

And remember, Jarmo was already involved in trading Nikitin away once.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was born from "The Jackets have D to spare, could trade someone for forwards" and people took that to "JACK JOHNSON IS MARKETABLE!"

Nothing specific, but the recent Golubef call up, the steady play of Moore and even Erixon not screwing the pooch have shown that there is redundancy at the NHL level. Or at the very least, they could lose a roster D-man and not hurt too bad. Aucoin was out and the D did not get markedly better or worse.

I don't see it being Johnson, unless he is unhappy in the room. And nothing indicates that. He has chemistry with Wiz, is playing ungodly minutes and seems to genuinely like the local media and fans. Plus Wiz-Johnson and Moore - Murray is a pretty attractive top two. Especially if Golubef - Tyutin is the third with Savard able to step in. Next year...

I wouldn't be surprised if Nikitin goes, though. He's had a rough couple of weeks, and it's starting to not make sense to keep him here in Golubef's way.

I'd take Nikitin on the Sens. While I thiink his offensive output last year was a bit of an anomaly, I still think he's a solid player. Questions:

What has he been struggling with?

What would it take to get him?

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Nikitin on the Sens. While I thiink his offensive output last year was a bit of an anomaly, I still think he's a solid player. Questions?

What has he been struggling with?

What would it take to get him?

He's had some BRUTAL giveaways the last few games. He's playing well, but I am not sure if he's trying to contribute offensively because it's expected now and he makes mistakes or what. But he's really made some bad decisions with the puck. And to make matters worse, three have directly led to goals in two games.

As for what it would take to get him, he's a durable and steady D-man so at least a roster player. Jackets clearly need wingers. Problem is they need top six, and Niki is not enough to get that. I'd be happy with Condra and I always liked Regin.

Personally, I say Bishop, but I don't call the shots. I'd give you Bobrovsky or Mason too if you gave up Lehner.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had some BRUTAL giveaways the last few games. He's playing well, but I am not sure if he's trying to contribute offensively because it's expected now and he makes mistakes or what. But he's really made some bad decisions with the puck. And to make matters worse, three have directly led to goals in two games.

As for what it would take to get him, he's a durable and steady D-man so at least a roster player. Jackets clearly need wingers. Problem is they need top six, and Niki is not enough to get that. I'd be happy with Condra and I always liked Regin.

Personally, I say Bishop, but I don't call the shots. I'd give you Bobrovsky or Mason too if you gave up Lehner.

I might do the Bishop trade, though after his last 2 games I'm inclined to see where his game goes. He could end up being a pretty valuable asset.

How about Greening for Nikitin?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's also the possibility of Murray making the team next year. D are in high demand right now. It's going to be interesting to see how many 1st round picks the Blue Jackets end up with.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also the possibility of Murray making the team next year. D are in high demand right now. It's going to be interesting to see how many 1st round picks the Blue Jackets end up with.

Unless his shoulder is unusable, he will make the team. They actually split Wiz and Johnson last night and it worked. Probably pencilling Murray in with Johnson and Moore with Wiz for next year. Leaving Tyutin with Savard/Golubef.

I might do the Bishop trade, though after his last 2 games I'm inclined to see where his game goes.

Me too. Hopefully it goes in the side entrance from Nationwide Boulevard.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Isles lost to a team that had 7 rookies in the lineup last night. 1/3 of the season is over & the Isles have 13 points out of a possible 32. Drop the ping pong balls. It's lottery time.

The outcome of that game was all about Ricky v. Anderson.

Red Light Ricky is a sieve.

Anderson might be the MVP of the league right now.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just might carry the Senators to the playoffs by himself.

Yeah. If only Spezza, Karlsson, Cowen, Michalek, Regin and Latendresse could join him. :yell:

That group with a goalie playing this well could actually do some damage. As much as it was nice to get the win, it was painful to watch some of last night's game. Some of the guys who were in the lineup are 3rd and 4th liners.... in the AHL!! Can't even make wide open 8 foot passes.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. If only Spezza, Karlsson, Cowen, Michalek, Regin and Latendresse could join him. :yell:

That group with a goalie playing this well could actually do some damage. As much as it was nice to get the win, it was painful to watch some of last night's game. Some of the guys who were in the lineup are 3rd and 4th liners.... in the AHL!! Can't even make wide open 8 foot passes.

What does that say about the Islanders?:L