• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not to trash Nash but...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of time has been spent playing the blame game. Is it Hank's fault? Is it Del Zotto's fault? Is it AV's fault? How about Sather?

I personally think the player who should get the majority of the blame is Rick Nash. He was supposed to be a superstar capable of carrying the Rangers to the next level. For $7.8 million per year, you would expect him to perform like a superstar up there with the likes of Marian Hossa, Henrik Zetterberg, Anze Kopitar, Evgeni Malkin, etc. Instead, he's fallen into the class of Marcel Goc, Ray Whitney, Martin Erat, etc.

If we look back at the trade, the Rangers' center situation could've been Richards on the 1st line, Stepan on the 2nd line, Anisimov on the 3rd line, and Dubinsky on the 4th line. 4 solid centers on each line. Instead they sacrificed depth for individual talent. What's worse is that BOTH Anisimov AND Dubinsky are outproducing Nash head to head as well. Artem Anisimov ($3.283 million) currently has 8 goals & 11 assists for 19 points; Brandon Dubinsky ($4.2 million) currently has 6 goals 18 assists for 24 points. Compare that to Rick Nash who has 6 goals & 8 assists for 14 points.

And you don't even have to look at other teams to see players outperforming Rick Nash on the stat sheets. Just look at other players on the Rangers. As of now, Brad Richards ($6.67 million), Mats Zuccarello (1,15 million), Derek Stepan ($3,075 million), Chris Kreider ($800,000), Ryan McDOnagh ($4.7 million), Derick Brassard ($3.2 million), & Carl Hagelin ($2.25 million) are all outperforming Rick Nash ($7.8 million).

We all know that Rick Nash has the physical tools to make a greater impact that he has done so far. I know he suffered from a serious head injury earlier this season, but players recovering from concussions typically don't so long to get back in the groove especially when they have the physical tools Nash has. He really seems to be "big for nothing" and right now his performance just doesn't justify his salary. There is a lot of talk about trading Michael Del Zotto ($2.55 million) or buying out Brad Richards, but maybe Nash should be inserted into trade/buyout rumors instead.

Once again, I'm not posting this simply to trash Rich Nash, but it seems as if he's getting a free pass while everyone else is getting blamed. Maybe he needs to be held accountable for his inactions.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Rangers got Nash, I thought this was the piece to put them over the top in the East and compete (depth wise) with teams like Chicago and LA in the West.

Wow was I wrong.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Rangers got Nash, I thought this was the piece to put them over the top in the East and compete (depth wise) with teams like Chicago and LA in the West.

Wow was I wrong.

Yeah, instead they traded places with the Blue Jackets.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he's just one of those guys who performs better when there's no pressure, and not as much media attention (Columbus)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that if Rick Nash is just in a rut there's a lot of hope for the Rangers to make a serious run once Nash gets out of that rut, but he seems to be in a rut for too long for a player with his physical gifts.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he's just one of those guys who performs better when there's no pressure, and not as much media attention (Columbus)

That seems to be the case. NYC media can be overwhelming. At the same time, Nash wanted this, that's why he refused to go to any team besides the Rangers. He wanted the exposure. Now he's getting exposed.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having being a HUGE Rick Nash fan since 2000, I have preached for years for us to acquire him. I went crazy when my favorite non-Ranger, other than Evander Kane was dealt here. I know he still has a lot left in the tank, he's just going through a funk. Stepan hasn't helped him either, Stepan has been terrible and has gone ghost over the last few weeks. I do think Sather and Co. will make a move necessary to bolster up the roster.

Nash was our best forward through the first 7 games of the season before he was cheap shotted by Stuart and was knocked out with a concussion. He was completely dominant, strong on the puck, shooting everywhere, now it seems like he's playing a bit scared, but he will get out of it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having being a HUGE Rick Nash fan since 2000, I have preached for years for us to acquire him. I went crazy when my favorite non-Ranger, other than Evander Kane was dealt here. I know he still has a lot left in the tank, he's just going through a funk. Stepan hasn't helped him either, Stepan has been terrible and has gone ghost over the last few weeks. I do think Sather and Co. will make a move necessary to bolster up the roster.

Nash was our best forward through the first 7 games of the season before he was cheap shotted by Stuart and was knocked out with a concussion. He was completely dominant, strong on the puck, shooting everywhere, now it seems like he's playing a bit scared, but he will get out of it.

Yeah true, that hit by Stuart might have phased him. If he could get out of this funk the Rangers could easily turn the season around , but he's gotta get out of the funk.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as a fan of his and biased that is, I believe he will and it starts tonight!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as a fan of his and biased that is, I believe he will and it starts tonight!

Yup tonight would be a good opportunity to set things right, especially if Anders Lindback is in net for the Lightning.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gotta go to the net like Benoit Pouliot is doing IMO .

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pouliot is showing no restraint from going to the front of the net, especially on the PP. I love it.

Most underrated Ranger this season IMO. Every time I watch the Rangers it seems as if Pouliot is cashing in down low, just by going to the net & making himself available to teammates. If Nash could do that he should be fine.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most underrated Ranger this season IMO. Every time I watch the Rangers it seems as if Pouliot is cashing in down low, just by going to the net & making himself available to teammates. If Nash could do that he should be fine.

Now he is, he sucked to begin the season, but after being scratched he's really found his game. Now second on the team in goals with 8, yes that's low, but Richie and Kreider are in first with 9. He's played so well on the PP lately, I almost want his unit out there first when we go on the PP, that's how effective it has been.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he is, he sucked to begin the season, but after being scratched he's really found his game. Now second on the team in goals with 8, yes that's low, but Richie and Kreider are in first with 9. He's played so well on the PP lately, I almost want his unit out there first when we go on the PP, that's how effective it has been.

Yeah, he's had good chemistry with teammates as of late, and he does it by just attacking the net. Very simple but very effective. Really good move by the Rangers to pick him up this season.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's had good chemistry with teammates as of late, and he does it by just attacking the net. Very simple but very effective. Really good move by the Rangers to pick him up this season.

I really liked the move during the offseason and still like it. He's been shying away from the dumb penalties and going into the box, much improvement from him.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked the move during the offseason and still like it. He's been shying away from the dumb penalties and going into the box, much improvement from him.

Kind of crazy how going into this season Brad Richards was supposed to get bought out, Chris Kreider was a bust, Mats Zuccarello was too small, Cam Talbot was an AHL goalie, & Benoit Pouliot was supposed to be blah, yet they very well might have emerged as the Rangers' top players so far this season.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In total agreement with the initial post, I had said that a few weeks back how the Rangers got the short end of that deal - Rick Nash isn't successful because he doesn't have the guys around him, but at the same time, he should be better and the fact he can't make players around him better tells me he's not worth the money - they could have kept Anisimov, Dubinsky, Tim Erixon and the 1st rounder(I think) and had a little bit of cap space left over to do something else to improve the team

They are not a good team, very inconsistent and the pieces do not fit with each other - and one acquisition is not going to make this team better, it is something that will take 2-3 years to improve on if they really want to make the next step again

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of crazy how going into this season Brad Richards was supposed to get bought out, Chris Kreider was a bust, Mats Zuccarello was too small, Cam Talbot was an AHL goalie, & Benoit Pouliot was supposed to be blah, yet they very well might have emerged as the Rangers' top players so far this season.

Gotta love the media and some clueless Ranger fans. I stand by my team no matter what, never lost faith in the 22 year old Chris Kreider, I lobbied for Zuccs to be re-signed all offseason. Talbot I knew could at the very least be a backup up here and actually wanted him to start the year as the backup over Biron, not bashing Biron, love him, great team mate and locker room guy, but he looked terrible.