• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 6th Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the Hockenson to the Bills pick. They can go a lot of different directions but I dont think there is any better scenario trading up or down for the Bills, really.

Conflicted homer in liking the Drew Lock to Broncos fit. Its a weak year for QBs.....but the value in this draft is flat as all heck. Might as well grab the high positional value and fill your needs in rd2 and rd3.

AJ Brown to the Packers is good value but I'm about 10-15 spots higher on Brown than most people it seems.

This was my exact thought with getting Lock in round 1 and filling needs with the midround picks. I agree this is a weak year for QB but Lock is a great fit for what the Broncos want and even if he only turns out to be say an average QB the fact that he is cost controlled for 5 years allows the Broncos to build a pretty darn good team around him. Almost like the Ravens did with Flacco before they paid him ridiculous money.

Personally though couldn't have been happier with my 2nd round pick. I have Lindstrom as a top-25 player in this draft and right now the Broncos do not have a starting RG. He was perfect fit of value and need.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the Hockenson to the Bills pick. They can go a lot of different directions but I dont think there is any better scenario trading up or down for the Bills, really.

I was a bit conflicted as they do have a hole at DT, but with the top two off the board, along with the first OL, I went with a semi-luxury pick (as TEs don't frequently go that high). TE is another need, especially an all-around TE like TJ. I felt with their aggressive free agency plugging holes, they really gave themselves the opportunity to go for value and weapons (which led to the Jacobs pick in the second round as well). Do I think the Bills will go that direction? Not so sure.

There were some strong value picks as others have mentioned, like the Gary pick (whom I also considered at 9).

HOGGZ1LLA

subsonic66
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he picks soon I'm going to bed in about an hr

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Murray I don't care for any QB in this draft. If I was running the giants I would use this draft to fill in actual talent and then get a QB next year. Have another year to see what you have in Lauletta.

Even if I had not taken him, expecting him to drop to 46 was always a long shot.

I fully agree him dropping to mid 2nd round would be a long shot since it’s rumoured if Skins don’t trade for Rosen they might take Jones with 15th overall pick.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I guess I'm the only person kinda low on Rock Ya Sin.

He is one of the worst run defenders I've ever seen on film, it looks like he talks trash and complains on the field, lots of unneeded steps, and his 3 cone is really bad which makes me wonder about those unneeded steps.

I'm sure he is on the Chiefs radar but I don't think they should draft him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I guess I'm the only person kinda low on Rock Ya Sin.

He is one of the worst run defenders I've ever seen on film, it looks like he talks trash and complains on the field, lots of unneeded steps, and his 3 cone is really bad which makes me wonder about those unneeded steps.

I'm sure he is on the Chiefs radar but I don't think they should draft him.

I was between him and another guy with more size (you probably know who I am talking about). I actually like the other guy more and they are projected about the same so it was a tough choice.

At the combine they said one of Ya-Sin's main strengths was helping in run support and he is a pretty strong guy for his size, 18 reps. He can play press or off. I really like him but there is another target still OTB I would be just as happy with maybe even more happy imo

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a bit conflicted as they do have a hole at DT, but with the top two off the board, along with the first OL, I went with a semi-luxury pick (as TEs don't frequently go that high). TE is another need, especially an all-around TE like TJ. I felt with their aggressive free agency plugging holes, they really gave themselves the opportunity to go for value and weapons (which led to the Jacobs pick in the second round as well). Do I think the Bills will go that direction? Not so sure.

There were some strong value picks as others have mentioned, like the Gary pick (whom I also considered at 9).
Bills defense seemed like it steadily improved over the course of the past two seasons. I figure the main thing the Bills need to take away from the 2019 season is that they have a good QB.

NFL.com compares Hockenson to Kelce and Mahomes targeted Kelce 150 times in their first full season together. If the Bills can get anything close to that then thats the direction they should go.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually one of the main reasons I wanted Rock instead of the other guy is bc of that run support. Opposite of Ward, who isn't the best tackler, I think it could be a deadly combo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns looking to trade up into the late 2nd round....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was between him and another guy with more size (you probably know who I am talking about). I actually like the other guy more and they are projected about the same so it was a tough choice.

At the combine they said one of Ya-Sin's main strengths was helping in run support and he is a pretty strong guy for his size, 18 reps. He can play press or off. I really like him but there is another target still OTB I would be just as happy with maybe even more happy imo
I watched four or five of his games and his run support is generally running to the sidelines and letting someone else clean it up. Thats generally a good thing and what they teach CBs to do.

He has a lot of issues, imo, when guys are running right at him, though. I think I saw 3 cases of him just falling over and not stopping the runner in any way. A couple of plays he was really easily moved out of the play and maybe should've been more competitive.

Generally I'm worried about his personality and his hips. There is definitely some lock down CB potential but I'm not sold on him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched four or five of his games and his run support is generally running to the sidelines and letting someone else clean it up. Thats generally a good thing and what they teach CBs to do.

He has a lot of issues, imo, when guys are running right at him, though. I think I saw 3 cases of him just falling over and not stopping the runner in any way. A couple of plays he was really easily moved out of the play and maybe should've been more competitive.

Generally I'm worried about his personality and his hips. There is definitely some lock down CB potential but I'm not sold on him.

CB's are one of the toughest positions to evaluate imo bc there is so many different aspects of their game to evaluate. I'm thinking the Browns go secondary with that 2nd rounder but I also wouldn't be surprised if they went OT.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB's are one of the toughest positions to evaluate imo bc there is so many different aspects of their game to evaluate. I'm thinking the Browns go secondary with that 2nd rounder but I also wouldn't be surprised if they went OT.
Right, I hate definitively saying I don't like a guy.

I do think Rock Ya Sins 3-cone and sparq score probably takes him off the Browns board imo. Whether or not he plays run defense would determine if he is on the Chiefs board.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I hate definitively saying I don't like a guy.

I do think Rock Ya Sins 3-cone and sparq score probably takes him off the Browns board imo. Whether or not he plays run defense would determine if he is on the Chiefs board.

Yeah and I think that should be a main focus for the Browns. Ward is a ballhawk and that is something he needs to improve on. Hope they get someone that is more of sure tackler/tough run defender type of DB