• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Norv to the Browns as O-coordinator

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Friggn' flush-it-downs! :mad2:

The Faguars better not touch Roman.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he interviews like he's mentally disabled or he has a Sandusky screensaver on his phone or facebook page he's gone. Everyone needs to come to terms with that. We've got Harbs, Chryst (sp?), and possibly Ault we'll be okay.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Roman is great, but that's why I wanted an offensive guy as a HC. As long as we have Harbaugh I think we'll be at least alright offensively.

Good for the Browns, though. They have some young talent on that offense.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Except at QB. But with Norv & all that talent, I'm sure they can get decent production from him like Alex in 2006.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With these guys, I think that they need to develop one side of the ball at a time to stay competitive! Kind of like us when we had Dilfer at QB! Go 49ers!!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to give fangio a big raise

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Josh Gordon will benefit from this move. Although I think this guy is going to be a beast no matter who his OC is.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Roman is great, but that's why I wanted an offensive guy as a HC. As long as we have Harbaugh I think we'll be at least alright offensively.

I agree. That's the best coaching move they have made in a while.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Weeden to get a green light?
January, 23, 2013
Jan 23 3:58PM ET
By AJ Mass | ESPN.com

Are the reports of Brandon Weeden's demise as the starting quarterback in Cleveland a bit premature? The jury is still out on that, but there does seem to be a bit more enthusiasm coming from Norv Turner, the man who will be calling the plays for the Browns in 2013, than there is from new head coach Rob Chudzinski.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Chudzinski as saying it was "premature" to write in Weeden's name at the top of the quarterbacks depth chart, but Turner spun the discussion a bit more optimistically. Turner said Weeden "has the skill set we're looking for" and expressed ecitement about working with his "big arm."

Free agency is sure to provide the team with plenty of options, including the likes of Alex Smith, but don't be surprised if the Browns end up standing pat with what they've got to see if Turner can't work his magic yet again.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeden to get a green light?
January, 23, 2013
Jan 23 3:58PM ET
By AJ Mass | ESPN.com

Are the reports of Brandon Weeden's demise as the starting quarterback in Cleveland a bit premature? The jury is still out on that, but there does seem to be a bit more enthusiasm coming from Norv Turner, the man who will be calling the plays for the Browns in 2013, than there is from new head coach Rob Chudzinski.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Chudzinski as saying it was "premature" to write in Weeden's name at the top of the quarterbacks depth chart, but Turner spun the discussion a bit more optimistically. Turner said Weeden "has the skill set we're looking for" and expressed ecitement about working with his "big arm."

Free agency is sure to provide the team with plenty of options, including the likes of Alex Smith, but don't be surprised if the Browns end up standing pat with what they've got to see if Turner can't work his magic yet again.

Why not use his magic on Alex Smith. He took a bad year rookie Smith and made him somewhat useful, why not take an average Smith and work on that? Alex has benefited from Harbaugh and the running game, but he has also learned, too. He's familiar as well, obviously. I know they need to keep Weeden in the mix, to either look like competition or if they can't get someone else (not necessarily Alex).

I don't want Alex going to the Cardinals or Browns. I don't want him in the division because I don't want to root against him, not that I think they'll challenge us with him, just by principle. I don't want him to go to the Browns, because, well, they're the Browns. Plus, the division is harder than some. Go to Kansas City and get a wildcard - or take out Rivers ;) and go to San Diego, his hometown.