• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No to Odell

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just incase anyone is entertaining the idea

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just incase anyone is entertaining the idea
Oh. I have entertained it, but only for a minute. One single WR of our trio gets hurt, we have limited backup, especially since we play 3 wide most of the time. I can't see Beckham wanting to be #4 on the depth chart for a single year though, which could make him a cancer on the team if things are not going his way. However, he does look like he is starting to be a real human being as of late with the push in the playoffs, his moment with Deebo after the Championship game and several others since. But yeah, he is too much talent to be #4 and there is too much drama in him to settle for it.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our guys. chemistry. I agree

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Odell could wait until mid-year to see what contender needs a wideout for the stretch run. If the Bengals experienced a significant injury to one of their top 3 receivers, they should definitely pursue it. The LSU connection with Burrow would help.

BTW - If Beckham doesn't get hurt in the Super Bowl, I think the Bengals struggle to contain the Rams offense. They really didn't have an answer for him early in that game.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously think Beckham should retire. He lasted long enough to finally have everyone love him/feel bad for him. And he got is ring. He's goofy enough that someone will pay him a lot of money to say/do goofy things.

He was on his way to MVP of the Super Bowl before he got hurt, and my 2 TDs each bet for Kupp and Beckham bet would have for sure hit.

The Bengals should definitely take a one year flyer on him, if he comes cheap. He won't be ready until the middle/end of the season, right as the schedule gets tough. If teams have started to figure out/slow down our offense, Beckham would be a nice new wrinkle. And it would definitely be good insurance in case someone gets hurt, since our 4-7 WRs are not good.

I don't think he would be a diva or distraction. He likes/respects Burrow and they have the LSU connection.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where has the dude played and not had issues? Our guys hang out together. I don't mess with it

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Will Fuller would be interesting....with Higgins and Boyd better at the intermediate stuff - Chase is the lone true deep threat - Fuller would at least give them another guy that can get deep.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Will Fuller would be interesting....with Higgins and Boyd better at the intermediate stuff - Chase is the lone true deep threat - Fuller would at least give them another guy that can get deep.
Has Will Fuller played a whole season without getting hurt or suspended?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Will Fuller played a whole season without getting hurt or suspended?
Probably not - but he's a depth piece. Is what it is.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Higgins is great at both. He is the versatile one. He can be treated like a Boyd, and he can go deep and out muscle guys for the ball.
Probably not - but he's a depth piece. Is what it is.
Depth at what price tag though?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Higgins is great at both. He is the versatile one. He can be treated like a Boyd, and he can go deep and out muscle guys for the ball.

Depth at what price tag though?
Higgins is a bit of a deep threat because of his size, but not overall because of his speed. Fuller gives you speed - but in reality - he just gives you some actual experienced depth with some talent. Maybe lightening strikes - maybe it doesn't....but he's still a F/A with camp closing in...I think a 1 year deal could offer him a lot of up-side in an offense like this, where he can be a 3rd/4th guy using his speed against 3rd/4th guys with the focus still remaining on the other WR's, or even the TE....and again....he just adds some experienced depth that has some talent. He has his flaws, which is why he's still a F/A - but I don't think he would be looking to break the bank....at least worth kicking the tires on, IMO.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higgins is a bit of a deep threat because of his size, but not overall because of his speed. Fuller gives you speed - but in reality - he just gives you some actual experienced depth with some talent. Maybe lightening strikes - maybe it doesn't....but he's still a F/A with camp closing in...I think a 1 year deal could offer him a lot of up-side in an offense like this, where he can be a 3rd/4th guy using his speed against 3rd/4th guys with the focus still remaining on the other WR's, or even the TE....and again....he just adds some experienced depth that has some talent. He has his flaws, which is why he's still a F/A - but I don't think he would be looking to break the bank....at least worth kicking the tires on, IMO.
What are you considering a reasonable deal for him as a #4?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you considering a reasonable deal for him as a #4?
I don't know what the market is, honestly. I also don't know what he's asking for. But, I'm not breaking the bank, clearly, on him. Whatever is reasonable by market standards for 1 year should be the target. I'm not going to go much over that. But, I'd rather go a bit over and get a guy that you can have for a full year and ready rather than waiting until week 6-8-14 when a freak injury hits, and suddenly you are left with the guys on this board as your best options....LOL

Sometimes, moves like this need to be thought with the bigger picture in mind - yeah, he doesn't do a ton now, but IF an injury hits, and depending on when it hits, having that ace up your sleeve sure looks smart. Bengals have room in the cap, so as long as it's "reasonable" (again, whatever the market is, giver or take)....I think you at least kick the tires.