• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No offense to Cowboys fans BUT...

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel sorry for Cowboys fans. The problem is in plain sight and the owner can't see it.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel sorry for Cowboys fans. The problem is in plain sight and the owner can't see it.
That owner is teetering over the Al davis edge more and more every day...and that fool Irsay is right behind him

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk about "ever", but in this era, he's going to be at the top of the list. I'll add this tidbit...we like to bust on Romo b/c he does tend to fold when the plays mean the most...but can you think of ANY other QB sans Kurt Warner that made more of a career after going undrafted into the NFL?

My point here is Romo was never THE guy anywhere, maybe too much was put on his shoulders...has skills but just not the moxy you want to close out meaningful games.

Can you think of a player from any era that is a bigger choke artist? Also where you started really doesn't make a difference, once you make the big time ( and I think starting for the Boys qualifies, not to mention his contract and women), you are the GUY.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It seems like every year we hear about all the "talent" on the Cowboys and the word "potential" gets thrown around and I think it is far more hype than reality. I think it may be Jerry greasing palms at ESPN to keep his boys in the spotlight more than any real substance. Honestly, I don't see a lot of talent on the defense. A couple guys here and there but some obvious gaping holes. Can someone enlighten me on the status of Ware? Is he dealing with some injuries because anytime I've seen a Dallas game, he hasn't been much of a factor. A couple plays now and then but most teams seem to have him nullified. I always thought of him as a very good pass rusher and not a whole lot else but he seems to have lost a step now. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

Anyway, on offense, they have good WR's, a good TE, seem to have a decent RB again(if they would use him right) and then Tony (omg, what next) Romo. I think the O-line is average but the championship teams back in the 90's had dominant O-lines. All in all, the offense is pretty good but Romo's inability to get it done when it matters kills them every year.

Then a coaching staff that baffles even the novice fans with their play-calling. Of course, also a HC that is nothing more than a puppet for the owner anyway, an owner who just can't help himself by putting the harshest light on him and his team year after year. And what that light reveals is a team that really isn't all that talented in the first place, regardless of what most so-called experts think.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like every year we hear about all the "talent" on the Cowboys and the word "potential" gets thrown around and I think it is far more hype than reality. I think it may be Jerry greasing palms at ESPN to keep his boys in the spotlight more than any real substance. Honestly, I don't see a lot of talent on the defense. A couple guys here and there but some obvious gaping holes. Can someone enlighten me on the status of Ware? Is he dealing with some injuries because anytime I've seen a Dallas game, he hasn't been much of a factor. A couple plays now and then but most teams seem to have him nullified. I always thought of him as a very good pass rusher and not a whole lot else but he seems to have lost a step now. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

Anyway, on offense, they have good WR's, a good TE, seem to have a decent RB again(if they would use him right) and then Tony (omg, what next) Romo. I think the O-line is average but the championship teams back in the 90's had dominant O-lines. All in all, the offense is pretty good but Romo's inability to get it done when it matters kills them every year.

Then a coaching staff that baffles even the novice fans with their play-calling. Of course, also a HC that is nothing more than a puppet for the owner anyway, an owner who just can't help himself by putting the harshest light on him and his team year after year. And what that light reveals is a team that really isn't all that talented in the first place, regardless of what most so-called experts think.

Football is and always will be à coaches game. Talent means shit without à coach to create cohesion.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury's lack of a good RB,and just not good sync among some of the top talent have made the Cowboy's miss a lot of possible W's imo.

Some seasons for whatever reason teams can just under perform like the Texans they are a perfect example and the Falcons,Cowboy's will bounce back imo they always do in time and they have the weapons to do it they just need to clean up some of that roster,,like Austin that guy i knew was going to flop after he was signed big money then they need a good RB a wrecking ball type one to get those 3-4 yards when they need them.

What? RB is not a problem. Murray is our starter and should be our starter going forward. Our O-line is the best its been in years.

Jerry made a mistake giving Romo that 100 mil contract. Cowboys would be fine if they cut some dead weight like Austin, and DO NOT resign players like Spencer and Hatcher.

I would not be the least bit displeased if their first 3 draft picks are all on the d-line.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats sad is here I am criticizing Jerry but he has a team that is worth 2 Bill and I am here holding my shaft

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you think of a player from any era that is a bigger choke artist? Also where you started really doesn't make a difference, once you make the big time ( and I think starting for the Boys qualifies, not to mention his contract and women), you are the GUY.

First off, just to set this on the right path...I'm agreeing with you that Romo has choked games away...no question.

To answer your question, imo...Fran Tarkenton.

In terms of where you start matters a great deal when you're doing well...Rice from Ms Valley St. is always part of the conversation when his career is brought up. It matters because when you come from a big school with a lot of fanfare you're more accustomed to being the Man on a big stage. If it didn't matter, there would be a lot more players from tiny schools starting in the NFL.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats sad is here I am criticizing Jerry but he has a team that is worth 2 Bill and I am here holding my shaft

Jerry Jones is a study in contrasts.

When you look at making money, NO ONE knows more about it than him. He's grown the 'Boys in ways most could only dream of. He's the reason teams can put corperate sponsership on their stadiums to absorb some of the costs.

When it comes to being a GM, he sucks. He can't get out of his own way. He's trying everything he can to win titles that keeps him in the picture. The one thing he'll never do is to hire a great HC, great GM and then get the hell out of the way. Go play golf. Hit the ski slopes. Have construction crews build secret rooms in his mansions.

He acknowledges that if anyone else were the GM, he'd have been fired by now but he wont fire himself.

Other owners don't do that....The Rooney's, Robert Kraft, etc...they hire a GM and HC that are on the same page and step back.