• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No MVP or Cy Young Winners 1920-2010 MLB Draft : CHAT

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no idea when it comes to college players. Any thoughts on the Niners OT they drafted? Sounds like they're going to play him at RT to begin with. But the Niners already have Trent Brown, but Joe Staley is getting up there in age. He's still signed through 2 more seasons I believe though.

Seems like they took the best offensive tackle on the board so great pick for Garoppolo.

Why they did it: This pick is as much about 2019 and beyond as it is about the immediate future. Right tackle Trent Brown is coming off a shoulder injury and will be a free agent after the 2018 season, and left tackle Joe Staley will be 34 in August. Protecting quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo is a priority, and the Niners landed the tackle they believe is the best in this draft. McGlinchey also could contribute at guard right away if Brown doesn’t return to full strength or is traded.

Biggest question: Can McGlinchey succeed as a left tackle? Some evaluators believe he’s best suited on the right side because he’s not a dominant athlete. But it’s hard to imagine the Niners would have selected him here if they didn’t envision him eventually replacing Staley on the left side. Coach Kyle Shanahan’s system will undoubtedly put him to the test. -- Nick Wagoner

McGlinchey is the consensus top offensive tackle for the 2018 NFL Draft and a likely top-20 pick. Team sources say that McGlinchey interviewed well at the NFL Scouting Combine. McGlinchey improved as a senior and is likely the top offensive tackle prospect for the 2018 NFL Draft. He has good athleticism on the edge with the feet to handle speed and good strength to sustain blocks. Unlike many finesse left tackles, McGlinchey is a quality run blocker who can get movement at the point of attack. He blocked well in 2017 and was a key cog in Notre Dame's potent rushing attack.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like they took the best offensive tackle on the board so great pick for Garoppolo.

Why they did it: This pick is as much about 2019 and beyond as it is about the immediate future. Right tackle Trent Brown is coming off a shoulder injury and will be a free agent after the 2018 season, and left tackle Joe Staley will be 34 in August. Protecting quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo is a priority, and the Niners landed the tackle they believe is the best in this draft. McGlinchey also could contribute at guard right away if Brown doesn’t return to full strength or is traded.

Biggest question: Can McGlinchey succeed as a left tackle? Some evaluators believe he’s best suited on the right side because he’s not a dominant athlete. But it’s hard to imagine the Niners would have selected him here if they didn’t envision him eventually replacing Staley on the left side. Coach Kyle Shanahan’s system will undoubtedly put him to the test. -- Nick Wagoner

McGlinchey is the consensus top offensive tackle for the 2018 NFL Draft and a likely top-20 pick. Team sources say that McGlinchey interviewed well at the NFL Scouting Combine. McGlinchey improved as a senior and is likely the top offensive tackle prospect for the 2018 NFL Draft. He has good athleticism on the edge with the feet to handle speed and good strength to sustain blocks. Unlike many finesse left tackles, McGlinchey is a quality run blocker who can get movement at the point of attack. He blocked well in 2017 and was a key cog in Notre Dame's potent rushing attack.

Sounds good to me. The kind of surprising part of the analysis you posted was that it says he's not a dominant athlete. Shanahan typically likes to have his O-Line as mobile athletes who can move in space. Maybe that's more applicable to the guards though? Either way, not a sexy pick, but definitely logical. Thought they could have also used an edge rusher.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like him too but not crazy about that 4.52 40 time

People pay way to much attention to 40 times, you know the difference between 4.52 and 4.42? They sure make it sound like a lot but 1/10 of a second in actual game action is nothing, is anyone hand checking you when you run your 40? Does anyone bump you just as you start running your 40?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to be away for 5 or 6 hours, I am going to do some volunteer work at Harbour Hospice, see y'all later...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like Trent Brown was traded this morning to the Pats. Read the niners get the 95th pick from the Pats and they send over Brown and a 5th rounder (143).

McGlinchey is now our opening day starting RT.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted Meebs that he smells

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if he's injury prone, he's an ass hole... Arizona is going to regret this not the nine teams that passed on him.
Arizona may want to settle him down. Last thing they need is Rosen sustaining a social media injury. Last time he injured a finger vs Washington. It was upgraded to a concussion shortly after the press questioned his toughness. Hope they have bubble wrap in Zona

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text 500

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text UK

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another trade back and stretch :gaah:

152487666048182864-gif.178410

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
174 they got a few penalties then took some plays off

I was thinking this afternoon that you didn’t continue to talk smack about the Cap/Penguins game, so I assume things didn’t go so well for you. How’d the game end?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked the Jazz. That said, as a Sonics fan I root for anyone playing against the thunder

Love the Timberwolves, Jazz are the local team though, so I see them a lot. Plus Rubio!!!!

Watching Jeff teague fail at entry passes for the entire playoffs made me appreciate him even more

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text WLK