• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Mo Claiborne = addition by subtraction

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secondary looked great yesterday not having to carry Claiborne's dead weight. I can't remember the last time I saw Cowboy defenders knock down so many passes.

I hate to see anyone get hurt, especially serious injuries such as Mo's, but this is a weight off the defense's shoulders not having Claiborne on the field.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't lie, I had similar thoughts. To me, he's the 4th best CB on the team, and he's an easy target for QBs once he returns.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't lie, I had similar thoughts. To me, he's the 4th best CB on the team, and he's an easy target for QBs once he returns.

I honestly hope he doesn't return. When he is done his rehab, I would hope he is released. Let him figure it out for another team. We don't need him. It's time for Jerry to cut his losses on this guy. Claiborne will be out of the league soon enough. He just can't play at this level.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ever agree with injuries helping because he is always there for depth if needed if he's healthy, but I do agree we are a better team with these 3 playing.

So many plays by the secondary when the ball was in the air that we just haven't seen recently. Church at the goal line on the first series. Moore on the deep play down the left sideline when he ripped the ball out. Scandrick had a couple. McClain's int to seal it. Durant's int that the ref said hit the ground (I didn't see it hit the ground). Even Wilbur's play at the 5 yard line even if it was interference. We played so well when the ball was in the air from both a physical and awareness point of view. It seemed almost every catch was contested.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ever agree with injuries helping because he is always there for depth if needed if he's healthy, but I do agree we are a better team with these 3 playing.

So many plays by the secondary when the ball was in the air that we just haven't seen recently. Church at the goal line on the first series. Moore on the deep play down the left sideline when he ripped the ball out. Scandrick had a couple. McClain's int to seal it. Durant's int that the ref said hit the ground (I didn't see it hit the ground). Even Wilbur's play at the 5 yard line even if it was interference. We played so well when the ball was in the air from both a physical and awareness point of view. It seemed almost every catch was contested.

I agree with you about the depth in 99 cases out of 100. I think this is that one case where we are truly better off without this guy. I honestly believe we can find a guy off the street to play better than Claiborne.

The secondary was flying around yesterday, and I think it's due to the rest of the guys in the secondary playing with confidence in Sterling Moore. Knowing that Moore will be in position to do his job, which allows the other guys to do their job. I feel like Mo was out of position so often that the rest of the secondary would have to try and cover for him or provide help to his side of the field. Mo has graded out as one of the very worst CB's in the league in his time in the NFL, we don't need him.

Of course this is all just my opinion.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secondary looked great yesterday not having to carry Claiborne's dead weight. I can't remember the last time I saw Cowboy defenders knock down so many passes.

I hate to see anyone get hurt, especially serious injuries such as Mo's, but this is a weight off the defense's shoulders not having Claiborne on the field.

I think Clayburns main problem is he is never healthy. I think I heard that he has never played in a preseason game and has had 3 different defensive coordinators. He was actually better during his rookie season, although not stellar. I never thought he was a shut down corner to begin with. He does not have the speed needed to make up for his mental errors on the field. I noticed the secondary played much better as soon as he hurt his knee.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you about the depth in 99 cases out of 100. I think this is that one case where we are truly better off without this guy. I honestly believe we can find a guy off the street to play better than Claiborne.

The secondary was flying around yesterday, and I think it's due to the rest of the guys in the secondary playing with confidence in Sterling Moore. Knowing that Moore will be in position to do his job, which allows the other guys to do their job. I feel like Mo was out of position so often that the rest of the secondary would have to try and cover for him or provide help to his side of the field. Mo has graded out as one of the very worst CB's in the league in his time in the NFL, we don't need him.

Of course this is all just my opinion.

I still think Patmon is going to provide great depth. Loved that special teams tackle he made yesterday. I remember last season when Moore did not make the final 53. I was thinking WTF. He is decent and occasionally breaks up passes.