• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Dodger games on my TV!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the Dodgers are in a position to make this season a season to remember. Too bad I can't watch them do it. My cable company is in "negotiations" with the Dodgers to unblock the Dodger channels. I figured it would take a few weeks and they would be back on but NO! the cable company (charter) told me yesterday the Dodgers will not be back on my TV until the end of the season! WTF! I guess they don't want fans! I guess I'll have to watch the Angels. This is the kind of greedy crap that has me within an inch of turning pro sports off all together. :noidea::wtf2:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. I live in Oregon and I'm stuck watching the Mariners.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. I live in Oregon and I'm stuck watching the Mariners.

This channel conflict has been going on under my radar and took me by surprise. I've always been able to watch both road and home games until this season. And to make matters worse...the local Dodger radio station in my area sounds like this...

Last edited by a moderator:

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had TWC for years. Never had a problem.

SNLA is awesome. I'd consider switching cable providers if that's an option.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TWC is not offered in Arizona. Have Direct TV and the package but took the package out because of the no Dodgers game on. Sucks but why spend 40 per month for just the rest. Dodgers or no deal. Sucks but can't do anything about it. No Vinnie.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing will change until people stop going to the stadium to watch games live. That is where it hurts the Dodgers the most. Not having SportsnetLA distributed only hurts Time Warner, so the Dodgers and MLB don't have a lot of interest in forcing some sort of deal. If attendance falls off at the stadium, MLB will force the Dodgers to put pressure on Time Warner to get a deal done. Look at the situation with Frank McCourt. MLB didn't have a lot of interest in it, until attendance suffered, then MLB came in and got things done real quick.

The situation is a complete disaster for all Dodgers fan.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing will change until people stop going to the stadium to watch games live. That is where it hurts the Dodgers the most. Not having SportsnetLA distributed only hurts Time Warner, so the Dodgers and MLB don't have a lot of interest in forcing some sort of deal. If attendance falls off at the stadium, MLB will force the Dodgers to put pressure on Time Warner to get a deal done. Look at the situation with Frank McCourt. MLB didn't have a lot of interest in it, until attendance suffered, then MLB came in and got things done real quick.

The situation is a complete disaster for all Dodgers fan.

The Dodgers are leading MLB in attendance. They led baseball in attendance last season. Also, the season before that.

The TV situation and attendance are not correlated.

Also, it's not a disaster for all Dodger fans. I have Time Warner and I love my SNLA. I watch it all the time. It's fantastic and a HUGE upgrade over what the Dodgers had before.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers are leading MLB in attendance. They led baseball in attendance last season. Also, the season before that.

The TV situation and attendance are not correlated.

Also, it's not a disaster for all Dodger fans. I have Time Warner and I love my SNLA. I watch it all the time. It's fantastic and a HUGE upgrade over what the Dodgers had before.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it's this simple, and with years of proof it's undeniable. When corporations get involved in any venture it's just a matter of time until the corporations remove the "essence", the "SOUL" of that venture. It's not rocket science. Here's a list, tell me I'm wrong.

Everything corporations touch turns to #$%$ like Education, Agriculture, the Oceans, Journalism, Film, Music Industry, Politics, Healthcare, Sports, Oil & Gas, Wall Street, NRA, Military, Housing, The Internet.

I'm leaving many industries out so go ahead a add your own. If you think about it corporations are laying waste to everything we hold dear. Exploiting anything for profit and greed while leaving very little substance in their wake. Virtually removing the "Soul" of their conquests. Eff the Dodgers, and Time Warner. Remember Los Angeles wasn't the first city to be held hostage to "Blackout Blackmail". Just ask New York and Houston.

A lot of Dodgers fans have moved on because of this.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it's this simple, and with years of proof it's undeniable. When corporations get involved in any venture it's just a matter of time until the corporations remove the "essence", the "SOUL" of that venture. It's not rocket science. Here's a list, tell me I'm wrong.

Everything corporations touch turns to #$%$ like Education, Agriculture, the Oceans, Journalism, Film, Music Industry, Politics, Healthcare, Sports, Oil & Gas, Wall Street, NRA, Military, Housing, The Internet.

I'm leaving many industries out so go ahead a add your own. If you think about it corporations are laying waste to everything we hold dear. Exploiting anything for profit and greed while leaving very little substance in their wake. Virtually removing the "Soul" of their conquests. Eff the Dodgers, and Time Warner. Remember Los Angeles wasn't the first city to be held hostage to "Blackout Blackmail". Just ask New York and Houston.

I already had TWC so I never saw an issue.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must be fun at parties.