• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NLDS game 2 lineup and GT

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves deserved it, they fought hard until the end. Now the Giants task becomes very daunting. FUCK.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to remind myself that I'm still happy that the Giants are in the playoffs :D

This team picks itself up off the mat more than any other team. Go Giants go.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to remind myself that I'm still happy that the Giants are in the playoffs :D

This team picks itself up off the mat more than any other team. Go Giants go.

as do the Giants fans

Tough loss but how many times have we seen them go through these tough losses this year?

This team hardly ever does the "ideal situation" thing..just not their style

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What a disaster. :mad:

I missed the game - played soccer instead. Glad I did. I'll catch it on DVR sometime tomorrow. I'd love to put this on 4NorthPoint for starting a thread about which pitchers the Giants might face in the Philllies' series. Asshole. I guess other's felt the same way because his thread is now gone.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lovely Game Chart, btw:

20101008_Braves_Giants_0_90_lbig_.png

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like Romo didn't have a crisp slider. He didn't have great location either. I'm a little surprised Bochy didn't yank him to get a lefty-lefty matchup against McCann.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sandoval's throw was a result of not having a good grip on the ball. He threw a screw ball to huff. He should have made the play, but it wasn't a terrible error - slow hit ball, fast left-handed runner.....

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The double was poor pitch location by Wilson. Target was low outside and the pitch started over the middle and "floated" to the inside - looked like a Kevin Correia fastball.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lots of blame to go around:

Burrell - muff led to a run
Torres - weak AB with runner at third and less than two outs
Pablo - the throw - running into Posey
Romo - just did not get the job done
Wilson - one fat pitch in a high leverage situation.
Posey - the guy stays inside the ball all the time, but, here, with the bases loaded and one out he beats the ball into the ground on a pretty fat pitch.
Huff - guy didn't do anything at the plate, and 3 K's

This is a team loss.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lots of blame to go around:

Burrell - muff led to a run
Torres - weak AB with runner at third and less than two outs
Pablo - the throw - running into Posey
Romo - just did not get the job done
Wilson - one fat pitch in a high leverage situation.
Posey - the guy stays inside the ball all the time, but, here, with the bases loaded and one out he beats the ball into the ground on a pretty fat pitch.
Huff - guy didn't do anything at the plate, and 3 K's

This is a team loss.

2-3 with a 2B and a 3R HR says that Burrelll doesn't belong on this list. He more than made up for that error. He contributed .259 WPA by himself and between his RBI hit and his pitching performance Cain contributed .237. Between the rest of the team they should've been able to make up that difference, so yes this was a team loss.

Since this is a team loss I'll do the ESPN boards strategy and blame Bochy, FIRE BOCHY!!!

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
2-3 with a 2B and a 3R HR says that Burrelll doesn't belong on this list. He more than made up for that error. He contributed .259 WPA by himself and between his RBI hit and his pitching performance Cain contributed .237. Between the rest of the team they should've been able to make up that difference, so yes this was a team loss.

Since this is a team loss I'll do the ESPN boards strategy and blame Bochy, FIRE BOCHY!!!

You know how these lists work, it's not a rational accounting of total contributions. Burrell's flub gave the Braves the opening they needed - so he's on the list. As for Bochy, strategically he made all the moves I would have made (for the most part), so he's not on the list.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know how these lists work, it's not a rational accounting of total contributions. Burrell's flub gave the Braves the opening they needed - so he's on the list. As for Bochy, strategically he made all the moves I would have made (for the most part), so he's not on the list.

hahaha, I don't really blame Bochy. The only thing I might've done differently than what Bochy did was to double switch somebody with Lopez (maybe Ishakawa for Huff) so that Lopez can stay in to face McCann. In that situation it's more important to have a favorable matchup against McCann than Lee in the 8th. Other than that I thought he made some great calls, including the underrated back to back bunts by Renteria and Torres (assuming that it was Bochy's call to do so.)

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hahaha, I don't really blame Bochy. The only thing I might've done differently than what Bochy did was to double switch somebody with Lopez (maybe Ishakawa for Huff) so that Lopez can stay in to face McCann. In that situation it's more important to have a favorable matchup against McCann than Lee in the 8th. Other than that I thought he made some great calls, including the underrated back to back bunts by Renteria and Torres (assuming that it was Bochy's call to do so.)

I'm pretty sure Renteria's bunt was rents doing. Interesting idea to double switch lopez. I wouldn't have done it, but it sure would have been nice to have lopez there to face McCann. Even conceding a hit to Lee, Lopez facing McCann probably means a Giants win.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What was the reasoning behind bringing in Font in the dbl switch only to pinch hit him? If Franchez was actually hurt, we would have had to move Posey to 3B, Uribe to 2B and Whiteside to catch, and that would have cost the game as well.

Why burn the bat for no reason? Rent could have been brought in to play short and Uribe to 3B...

I just don't get it.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What was the reasoning behind bringing in Font in the dbl switch only to pinch hit him? If Franchez was actually hurt, we would have had to move Posey to 3B, Uribe to 2B and Whiteside to catch, and that would have cost the game as well.

Why burn the bat for no reason? Rent could have been brought in to play short and Uribe to 3B...

I just don't get it.

That's the thing about Bochy, he makes a lot of questionable calls, but more often than not he gets the job done. That complaint against Mattingley that got Broxton out of the game greatly improved my opinion of him.