• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NLDS: Atlanta Braves vs St. Louis Cardinals

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we those fans doing behind the plate? Trying to be a moose or something?

Those seats behind home plate have Delta CLub access, and that includes unlimited free beer. I get em a couple times per season. I'm sure they took full advantage. Beer wouldn't have cut it for me, I would have been sitting in the Delta CLub buying shots(well, liquor on the rocks, they're not allowed to sell shots, but they call sell anything on the rocks)

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2,4,6.8, who do we appreciate? Braves, Atlanta, Braves!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those seats behind home plate have Delta CLub access, and that includes unlimited free beer. I get em a couple times per season. I'm sure they took full advantage. Beer wouldn't have cut it for me, I would have been sitting in the Delta CLub buying shots(well, liquor on the rocks, they're not allowed to sell shots, but they call sell anything on the rocks)

Free beer, that sounds like a huge risk..... How do they know those people aren't driving home?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free beer, that sounds like a huge risk..... How do they know those people aren't driving home?

There's no reason for anyone there to have to drive home. They're very expensive, so they can afford the Uber, which has hundreds of cars waiting after every game. But the whole area outside of STP is pretty much a bunch of bars that stay packed year round, which the Braves are supposedly using to help make up for the worst tv contract in sports.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no reason for anyone there to have to drive home. They're very expensive, so they can afford the Uber, which has hundreds of cars waiting after every game. But the whole area outside of STP is pretty much a bunch of bars that stay packed year round, which the Braves are supposedly using to help make up for the worst tv contract in sports.

Yeah I figured they were too expensive and most would take an uber or taxi but the Braves are still liable for them, just as much as those bars are if they get over served...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This...most people that show up to the games live OTP on the north side anyway.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Cards fans.

giphy.gif

Kingpin is 1 of the funniest sports related movies out there...

Kobrah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why it sucks being a baseball and hockey fan. You go to a home Game 5 or 7 and the other team has just as much of chance at winning.

Why do you believe that? I'm sure the statistics say the advantage goes to the home team in a Game 5. Sure, anything can happen on any given day, but I'd take the home crowd and the bottom of the 9th or extra innings any day.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Cards fans.

That sucked, but as bad as it was, it probably doesn't crack my top 20 for terrible sports moments. Be a UGA and Braves fan, and you get pretty numb to it all. They'll both probably win the championship the year after I die.

chew, it took a man of character to say what you said! Thanks for the congrats. I never thought this would happen because of the great season your Braves had and my congrats to you too for kicking butt and taking names in the NL East. If I read you right you will be cheering for us the rest of the way just like I will be cheering for your DAWGS the rest of the way.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will, the Braves have a great organization and they will be a threat for quite a few years!! I am not a Braves fan, but you gotta respect this team!!!

gettyimages-1010874042.jpg