• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ninkovich suspended for taking banned substance

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is deflating news.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't these guys take normal "steroids" like the did in the old days and cycle off for testing.....

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this actually works in NE favor...OH BOY!!! ROGER and BOBBY are bro's again......the fix is in!!!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where are the Pats fans to defend his innocents? Maybe they just do that for Brady?:D

Time to run...:bolt:

:peep:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where are the Pats fans to defend his innocents? Maybe they just do that for Brady?:D

Seems he manned up to it, accepted punishment, is remorseful, so...
He must be lying, surely the NFL is hellbent on screwing the Pats again!
How did I do?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems he manned up to it, accepted punishment, is remorseful, so...
He must be lying, surely the NFL is hellbent on screwing the Pats again!
How did I do?

Excellent!

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's to defend? I don't believe ANY of the guys that get caught. To play the game the way it is played, I suspect EVERYONE of doing something to get an advantage.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's to defend? I don't believe ANY of the guys that get caught. To play the game the way it is played, I suspect EVERYONE of doing something to get an advantage.

I can't believe you took my comment seriously. If everyone is doing something are all the kickers in the league cheating as well?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by something you mean something illegal, I strongly disagree.

That almost sounds like a back-door attempt to defend his behavior. You know, the old "if EVERYONE is doing it than it's ok" way of thinking. That seems to be very common among Patriot fans. Just sayin

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by something you mean something illegal, I strongly disagree.

That almost sounds like a back-door attempt to defend his behavior. You know, the old "if EVERYONE is doing it than it's ok" way of thinking. That seems to be very common among Patriot fans. Just sayin

For some reason he skipped right over the first rule in the Patriots' Fan's Handbook:

1. You can't prove he did it.

and went right to:

2. Everybody does it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • i

Mike ReissESPN Staff Writer
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots starting defensive end Rob Ninkovich says he will serve a four-game suspension to open the 2016 regular season after a positive test for a banned substance.

Ninkovich told ESPN on Friday that he is devastated and shocked, and said he would never knowingly take an illegal substance.

"Few things are more important to me than my name and reputation. This might call that into question for some, which has me heartbroken," Ninkovich said. "I don't want to cut any corners. I want to do things the right way, with high integrity, and that's what I have always wanted to stand for."

"Few things are more important to me than my name and reputation. This might call that into question for some, which has me heartbroken."

i

Rob Ninkovich

Ninkovich, 32, has played in 116 consecutive games (including playoffs) for the Patriots since signing with the team as a free agent on Aug. 2, 2009.

The NFL has not yet announced a suspension, but Ninkovich said it is important to him to share what happened.

"Any supplement I've ever used was bought at a store. I was unaware something I bought had a substance in it that would give me a positive test because it wasn't listed [as an ingredient]," he told ESPN.

"One thing I have learned is that if a supplement is not NSF certified, there are no regulations that ensure that what is on the label is 100 percent accurate. That is a hard lesson for me to learn at this stage in my career, but I take responsibility for it. It's a mistake I made and it hurts that I won't be there for my teammates."

New Orleans Saints on Aug. 9 and was in jeopardy of missing the start of the season because of the injury.

He is valued for his pass-rush ability (47 career sacks, including playoffs) and toughness to set the edge against the run. Coach Bill Belichick has annually lauded Ninkovich's toughness, versatility and intelligence.

The Patriots project to start veteran Chris Long, who signed with the Patriots after spending the first eight years of his career with the Rams, in his place. Jabaal Sheard is the other starter, with Shea McClellin (fifth year) and second-year players Trey Flowers, Geneo Grissom and Rufus Johnson rounding out the depth chart.

"My focus is on getting back to 100 percent and being the best teammate and Patriot I can be upon my return," Ninkovich said.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read he was hurt anyway with some torn or damaged muscle and was going to miss more then 4 games anyway. Does the NFL let you take your suspension using games when you are injured and cant play anyways or do they actually make you miss games after you are healthy to play?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So based on player responses...

Failed PED tests are

50% took tainted supplements
25% have ADD and need adderall
25% have 1 in a billion genetic disorders

How amazing is that PED policy. Not one player ever actually took PED's to gain an advantage...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So based on player responses...

Failed PED tests are

50% took tainted supplements
25% have ADD and need adderall
25% have 1 in a billion genetic disorders

How amazing is that PED policy. Not one player ever actually took PED's to gain an advantage...

I think what the NFL should do is the very first player that admits that he took PED's on purpose they should completely wipe away the suspension. Just completely shock the world and say something like "because of his honesty compared to every player before him that wouldn't take responsibility we have decided to take away his suspension." See if then other players are a little more truthful in the hopes of getting the suspension reduced.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what the NFL should do is the very first player that admits that he took PED's on purpose they should completely wipe away the suspension. Just completely shock the world and say something like "because of his honesty compared to every player before him that wouldn't take responsibility we have decided to take away his suspension." See if then other players are a little more truthful in the hopes of getting the suspension reduced.

That would be crazy. I wonder if that will even come up in the next CBA... Something about making the drug a player failed for public, and give back something else for that. I don't think the players union would be big time locked in on it (only affects a very small percentage of them).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be crazy. I wonder if that will even come up in the next CBA... Something about making the drug a player failed for public, and give back something else for that. I don't think the players union would be big time locked in on it (only affects a very small percentage of them).

Well plus it doesn't look good when the NFLPA is trying to get players off for using PED's. I would say they need to work on a better system to help these players out so they can never use the excuse of I didn't know it was in there. Just seems to be the popular choice these days by the players. I would tell them that they must bring every supplement they want to take to the team doctor for approval otherwise they have to say that they knowingly went against the NFL's policy on using supplements by not bringing it to the doctor. Don't have them just go off a list.