• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners trade RB Jeff Wilson

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners have traded Wilson to the Dolphins for a 5th rounder.

Having traded for CMC and with Mitchell about to come off IR, the Niners were RB-heavy and someone had to go. Moving Wilson leaves the Niners with CMC, Mitchell, Tyrion Davis-Price and Jordan Mason at RB. Wilson wasn't going to get much action once Mitchell returned, so he was the odd man out.

Wilson already knows the scheme in Miami, so he can hit the ground running.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must have wanted out after the Niners traded for McCafferty.
He shown over and over he can carry the team on any given Sunday
a 5th hardly makes up for his loss

Thanks Jeff for all you accomplished here

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Niners have traded Wilson to the Dolphins for a 5th rounder.

Having traded for CMC and with Mitchell about to come off IR, the Niners were RB-heavy and someone had to go. Moving Wilson leaves the Niners with CMC, Mitchell, Tyrion Davis-Price and Jordan Mason at RB. Wilson wasn't going to get much action once Mitchell returned, so he was the odd man out.

Wilson already knows the scheme in Miami, so he can hit the ground running.
Wilson is worth more than a 5th but yeah i agree, looking at the overall RB situation "something is better than nothing". I'd prefer this trade over cutting TDP or JP Mason.

The 'problem' was drafting TDP so high, so now you're forced to keep him.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After spending 6 weeks laid up from blowing out all three hamstring muscles in one leg, I'm finally back in action! No fun having screws inserted in your pelvis bone to reattach muscles/tendons. At 50 years old now, I'll probably hang up my water skis for good, lol! I'm sure this board missed my keen observations and witty repose :cool:

Apparently, Wilson asked for a trade once CMC joined the team. And Lynch put him in a place where he could flourish. Could they have gotten more than a 5th? Maybe... but at the end of the day, they did right by a player based on his wishes, and I think that counts for something when free agents are looking for a new home. Couldn't have been a better landing spot for Wilson, who will be missed, but most likely doesn't harbor any ill will towards the team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After spending 6 weeks laid up from blowing out all three hamstring muscles in one leg, I'm finally back in action! No fun having screws inserted in your pelvis bone to reattach muscles/tendons. At 50 years old now, I'll probably hang up my water skis for good, lol! I'm sure this board missed my keen observations and witty repose :cool:

Apparently, Wilson asked for a trade once CMC joined the team. And Lynch put him in a place where he could flourish. Could they have gotten more than a 5th? Maybe... but at the end of the day, they did right by a player based on his wishes, and I think that counts for something when free agents are looking for a new home. Couldn't have been a better landing spot for Wilson, who will be missed, but most likely doesn't harbor any ill will towards the team.
Glad to hear you're doing good.

At 50 years young, you got a lot left.........but either walking or golfing. Haaaaa