• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL GDT - Friday, Mar 19

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd rather watch teams play darts than regular season OT hockey.

90+ seconds of pure boredom to start OT tonight. Pretty much standard for any OT. This one had 15 interesting seconds, more than most.

I dont mind the ot’s. Although the habs canucks ones have seemed to be a different animal this year. That was 3rd of the year last night. 2nd ot game was the worst of the bunch as shorthouse mentioned on the canucks broadcast last night. Habs possessed the puck entire first 4 minutes of that ot and had one shot lol

Habs play it like a chess match which may be their ot problem. They slow it down and try to keep possession at the expense of taking a chance on net which is strange because they have the team speed to trade chances :noidea: i understand not wanting to give up the puck or gaining the o zone and then retreating to get a player change (canucks do it all the time to get virtanen off the ice heh)

but i feel like the habs try and use that “retreat” as a tactic. They possess and get the opposition chasing (albeit slowly) to get them tired and then pull back into the neutral zone and try and catch the opposition making a mistake and getting caught attempting a long change :noidea: it hasnt worked v the canucks to date

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers loss to the Caps last nite pretty much sums up their season.

just not good enough.

BUT, that hit in OV!!!!! I been waiting for that 4eva!!! That was awesome, Lindren made my season !

OV, been given the body, and last nite he got it back. And good!
OV said after the game it was a good clean hit and it was. I’ve watched just about every caps game since I got center ice package in 2007 and I can count on 1 hand how many times I’ve seen him hit like that.
on the down side it woke the Russian machine up!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont mind the ot’s. Although the habs canucks ones have seemed to be a different animal this year. That was 3rd of the year last night. 2nd ot game was the worst of the bunch as shorthouse mentioned on the canucks broadcast last night. Habs possessed the puck entire first 4 minutes of that ot and had one shot lol

Habs play it like a chess match which may be their ot problem. They slow it down and try to keep possession at the expense of taking a chance on net which is strange because they have the team speed to trade chances :noidea: i understand not wanting to give up the puck or gaining the o zone and then retreating to get a player change (canucks do it all the time to get virtanen off the ice heh)

but i feel like the habs try and use that “retreat” as a tactic. They possess and get the opposition chasing (albeit slowly) to get them tired and then pull back into the neutral zone and try and catch the opposition making a mistake and getting caught attempting a long change :noidea: it hasnt worked v the canucks to date
Very fair point, maybe it is the Habs and not the format. The Habs OTs are terrible and worse than most but most of the OT strategies in games I have watched seem to be similar. They are probably mostly Jets games so maybe they try a similar tactic.

I will try to watch more teams OTs to see if my opinion changes. It can be frustrating to watch an entire game, often a fun exciting game, to have it end in a such a boring manner.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Very fair point, maybe it is the Habs and not the format. The Habs OTs are terrible and worse than most but most of the OT strategies in games I have watched seem to be similar. They are probably mostly Jets games so maybe they try a similar tactic.

I will try to watch more teams OTs to see if my opinion changes. It can be frustrating to watch an entire game, often a fun exciting game, to have it end in a such a boring manner.
I didn't want to jinx any thing so I didn't post it, but was thinking if that's the way the Habs play overtime they deserve to lose every single one. After two minutes of neutral zone possession Toffoli finally gained the blue line and promptly passed it back to his goalie.

Total crap to watch. And who knows... now they might get even more defensive since Jimothy Timothy beat two forwards to score.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to jinx any thing so I didn't post it, but was thinking if that's the way the Habs play overtime they deserve to lose every single one. After two minutes of neutral zone possession Toffoli finally gained the blue line and promptly passed it back to his goalie.

Total crap to watch. And who knows... now they might get even more defensive since Jimothy Timothy beat two forwards to score.
I'm looking forward to seeing some of the Canadiens young players come up to see how they can pass the puck back to the goalie.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3