• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 2-11-15

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, this one was a bit cathartic. Wings are a good team on a hot streak, and they showed in the third what their game is. So many handsy guys with Dats, Zetterberg, Tartar, Jurco, Nyquist, etc.

Pens were due to get back at it, lately the RW's haven't started on time, relying on goaltending to get them out of the first (not tonight), then turn it on in the second and third. Pens did the right thing by starting fast, suspect some scouting was done.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game certainly didn't lack for entertainment.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was a very entertaining game

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, this one was a bit cathartic. Wings are a good team on a hot streak, and they showed in the third what their game is. So many handsy guys with Dats, Zetterberg, Tartar, Jurco, Nyquist, etc.

Speaking of one of our handsy guys, it looks like Johnston really doesn't like Bennett, dropping him to the 4th line tonight and moving Adams up to the third.

Although, playing with Downie and Lapierre might be better than playing with Sutter at this point...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/Thanks to Benn and Seguin for lighting a fire under the Sedin boys :gaah:

is runblad super slow ??? on the daniel 4 - 2 goal, he couldnt keep up with Henrik on the breakaway wtf???

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of one of our handsy guys, it looks like Johnston really doesn't like Bennett, dropping him to the 4th line tonight and moving Adams up to the third.

Although, playing with Downie and Lapierre might be better than playing with Sutter at this point...

It's very frustrating because he's being given zero opportunity. When he is put out there, it's with guys that stifle offensive production. He's not a grinding winger, so, don't treat him as such.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very frustrating because he's being given zero opportunity. When he is put out there, it's with guys that stifle offensive production. He's not a grinding winger, so, don't treat him as such.

I thought he played really well tonight, even in that role. He was the only creative player in the bottom six, he threw the body around, solid in his own end, made good decisions. But now that Comeau is back (and he has to stay with Malkin), who do you take out of the top six? Both lines are clicking.

Sutter finding his game again would go a long way to helping Bennett out, though. I'd also consider bumping Kunitz down to the third line, sticking Perron back on LW, and pairing Bennett with Sid.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Well it was a very entertaining game

you spelled 'sloppy' wrong.

and how the hell did the Canucks end up back in 2nd place in the division after playing .500 hockey for the past 6 weeks?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he played really well tonight, even in that role. He was the only creative player in the bottom six, he threw the body around, solid in his own end, made good decisions. But now that Comeau is back (and he has to stay with Malkin), who do you take out of the top six? Both lines are clicking.

Sutter finding his game again would go a long way to helping Bennett out, though. I'd also consider bumping Kunitz down to the third line, sticking Perron back on LW, and pairing Bennett with Sid.

I don't put him in over any of those guys, just grinding my gears about the past few games when he was out for the likes of Sill/Adams, and Arcobello was on a top line. He's done well with Sutter in the past (those two and Downie had a thing going before Bennett hurt his knee), but as you said, Sutter is completely lost. His season has been pretty rough offensively, and the advanced stats aren't kind to his defensive game either. He's not making glaring mistakes (why I think the eye test isn't failing him), but he generates zero shots, his lines don't hold the puck/cycle, etc. And Kunitz, I'd agree until the past maybe three or four games. He was really good in Calgary (no one was good in Vancouver) and was flying around tonight too. I can only hope it's a bit of a resurgence for him. If that third line can click at all, it'd be a big help. Man, I wish Duper was healthy. Duper-Sutter-Bennett would be solid, then a capable fourth line of Downie-Lapierre-Spaling, or something along those lines. It'll be nice when guys who have been doing fairly well in elevated roles can fall down the depth chart in a good way.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Lonnie Cameron get an assist on that goal by Jay Beagle?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Carlson goes top cheddar and it's 4-3 Caps.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Lonnie Cameron get an assist on that goal by Jay Beagle?

Holy shit it's been a long time since I've see a ref take a D-man out of the play that badly.

Let's be honest though, Jay Beagle was going to score there anyway. ;)

You can't stop Jay Beagle, you can only hope to hold him to 2 goals.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just call him Brooks Or-toe-pick (lol)

Lol. Gotta say Orpik has been outstanding tonight. He and Carlson both a +2 with 1 goal and 3 assists combined. That pair was #1 and #2 in blocked shots in the NHL in January.