• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 12-18-14

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I never saw that Comeau was he was in Calgary.

I thought he showed promised with the Isles a few years ago. Maybe he's finding it again.

Funny how that works sometimes.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CleanAdventurousGardensnake.gif

His skate is going forward, angled away from the play. He then moves his foot to come in contact with the puck in order to specifically direct it into the net. From the overhead you can see him looking right at it and moving his foot towards it. If he was just angling his foot where it was, the puck doesn't hit it...

49.1 Kicking -- the action of a player deliberately using his skate(s) with a kicking motion to propel the puck or to contact an opponent.

The problem is when you leave anything up to interpretation by the donkeys in the booth and the monkeys on the ice.

Probably wouldn't make me so mad if this didn't just happen 3 weeks ago:
Should the Columbus Blue Jackets Have Had a Boone Jenner Goal Get Taken off the Scoreboard? - Union and Blue - A Columbus Blue Jackets Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
(sorry for the Jackets homer site, the video is what I was interested in)

He too "merely" angled his skate... And moved it forward a bit.

Shouldn't have gotten to that point anyway. Jackets completely blew the first period, and showed heart battling back. Bob had a lackluster night overall, but did his usual 5 completely otherworldly saves bit, but otherwise looked tired. Had the Jackets played the first like they played the second, the game isn't even in a position to be affected by a borderline call.

It's funny most locals are complaining about the "refs" not even getting an offside call in the third right. Actually, that was one they did get right. The Jackets sent that one back into the zone and lost possession of it.

Just hope that point isn't the deciding factor...