• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 10-28-14

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's Games:
Minnesota at Boston
Winnipeg at NY Islanders
Los Angeles at Philadelphia
New Jersey at Pittsburgh
Ottawa at Columbus
Buffalo at Toronto
Arizona at Tampa Bay
Anaheim at Chicago
St. Louis at Dallas
San Jose at Colorado
Montreal at Calgary
Carolina at Vancouver

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota at Boston
Winnipeg at NY Islanders
Los Angeles at Philadelphia
New Jersey at Pittsburgh
Ottawa at Columbus
Buffalo at Toronto
Arizona at Tampa Bay
Anaheim at Chicago
St. Louis at Dallas
San Jose at Colorado
Montreal at Calgary
Carolina at Vancouver

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ottawa at Columbus

I like the cut of your jib.

It's not likely though. Tabasco in net, Foligno's neck doesn't move and Atkinson only has one eye.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price vs. Hiller is the goaltending matchup at the Saddledome tonight. Dennis Wideman has scored in 4 consecutive hockey games since being a healthy scratch. If he scores tonight, he ties the franchise record held by Gary Suter.

/I thought for sure it would have been Al MacInnis, but he's tied now with Wideman at 4.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a weird feeling that Kopi plays tonight - I think Darryl Sutter's trying to get the Flyers into thinking Kopi will be out - a lot of people are saying he's out but there's also people saying there's still a chance

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a weird feeling that Kopi plays tonight - I think Darryl Sutter's trying to get the Flyers into thinking Kopi will be out - a lot of people are saying he's out but there's also people saying there's still a chance

Question is. Who is in net?

I am not sure if the team plays better in front of Ray or if he is just a better goalie right now than Mason.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is. Who is in net?

I am not sure if the team plays better in front of Ray or if he is just a better goalie right now than Mason.

Ray is in net tonight

Long term Steve Mason is better but right now they're playing better in front of Ray - I think Mase needs more practice time and I think when he gets that he will be better - but right now the Flyers need to keep the streak going so going with the hot hand is what they need to do now - Mase will still get his starts

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray is in net tonight

Long term Steve Mason is better but right now they're playing better in front of Ray - I think Mase needs more practice time and I think when he gets that he will be better - but right now the Flyers need to keep the streak going so going with the hot hand is what they need to do now - Mase will still get his starts

Don't disagree. When I was rumbling around this morning for coffee the local yocals on the news were yammering on about it but how no definitive answer who would start.

Mase needs to work on moving past a bad one, and keeping his head in the game. Fly boys need to give him some run support though too, to be fair. I just wish you guys had a pure goal scorer for Claude, sometimes his effort goes for naught. He can create chances....

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't disagree. When I was rumbling around this morning for coffee the local yocals on the news were yammering on about it but how no definitive answer who would start.

Mase needs to work on moving past a bad one, and keeping his head in the game. Fly boys need to give him some run support though too, to be fair. I just wish you guys had a pure goal scorer for Claude, sometimes his effort goes for naught. He can create chances....

Yeah the defense needs to play better in front of Mase - it's not all his fault, he can make a save here and there to help matters but there's not a ton he can do - maybe the Flyers are just playing tighter defense in front of Razor because they know he's the backup and there's more of an emphasis to do so

I think the Flyers offense is fine - they always seem to find ways to score goals - but it would be nice to have a finisher on that top line - G is a 50+ assist guy with Jake Voracek and different guys playing on that top line, I'd like to see what his numbers would be if he had a better winger with him and Jake

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the defense needs to play better in front of Mase - it's not all his fault, he can make a save here and there to help matters but there's not a ton he can do - maybe the Flyers are just playing tighter defense in front of Razor because they know he's the backup and there's more of an emphasis to do so

I think the Flyers offense is fine - they always seem to find ways to score goals - but it would be nice to have a finisher on that top line - G is a 50+ assist guy with Jake Voracek and different guys playing on that top line, I'd like to see what his numbers would be if he had a better winger with him and Jake

Yeh I agree on all points from what ( oh dear God do I have to admit this? :bawling:) I have seen so far in games this season....

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeh I agree on all points from what ( oh dear God do I have to admit this? :bawling:) I have seen so far in games this season....

Only game the Flyers got dominated in was in Chicago - all the other games either ended as one goal games or were one goal games late - compared to last season, the Flyers aren't looking so bad in the division - just keep playing good hockey and they won't have to scratch and claw so hard like they did last season - schedule might ease up a bit in November so they need to take care of business now and put theirselves in a good spot later on

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Habs haven't won a game in Calgary (including the Heritage Classic) in 12 years. No sense breaking that streak tonight, am I right comeds?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Habs haven't won a game in Calgary (including the Heritage Classic) in 12 years. No sense breaking that streak tonight, am I right comeds?

seeing as you just jinxed your team ill do the same

Carolina will go winless for October if they lose tonight to the canucks (next game after tonight is Nov 1)

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife hasn't been sleeping well. Her doctor recommended the Buffalo/Leafs game.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Raffl gives the Flyers a 1-0 lead against the Kings

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Titty with a shorty ties it up at 1-1

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahaha Chris VandeVelde scores for the Flyers!