• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 1-21-15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nice one-timer by Monahan to cut the lead in half. Great feed by Gaudreau. Keep it up boys.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sp what's your initial prognosis, trainer pix? The Jackets have said nothing yet, but the post game interviews last night, the players all looked like they just found out their dog died.

All the speculation is groin or hamstring, but even though those hurt you should be able to put weight on it.

Knowing what it feels like to lose and edge when that low, it looks to me like ligaments. I desperately hope I am wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sp what's your initial prognosis, trainer pix? The Jackets have said nothing yet, but the post game interviews last night, the players all looked like they just found out their dog died.

All the speculation is groin or hamstring, but even though those hurt you should be able to put weight on it.

Knowing what it feels like to lose and edge when that low, it looks to me like ligaments. I desperately hope I am wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

Didn't look good. Might be time to start thinking about draft positions if he is out

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't look good. Might be time to start thinking about draft positions if he is out

Honestly, as inconsistent as they've been even with him in, it was a consideration.

If he's out more than five games, they are done. 2 games below 500 with the four teams ahead of them all on streaks.

miracle-max-and-valerie-princess-bride.jpg

With him out:
6eaae2198dd4a6f8d84a8c9144f39d2159ac4ede594c9fa854aec301e62c332e.jpg

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jackets are 14 points behind Boston for the final wild card With 37 games left in the season, that would take an awful mighty push to make the playoffs coupled with a whole lot of luck and opposition losing straight up in regulation without loser points.

Looking at the Eastern standings, are the top 8 already set?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jackets are 14 points behind Boston for the final wild card With 37 games left in the season, that would take an awful mighty push to make the playoffs coupled with a whole lot of luck and opposition losing straight up in regulation without loser points.

Looking at the Eastern standings, are the top 8 already set?

I think you're right esls, I think the 8 teams in the East that currently have playoff spots will be the 8 East teams in the dance. Could the Kings be the first Stanley Cup Champions since the Hurricanes to miss the playoffs the following season?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna take either a meltdown or run of epic proportions to considerably change the Eastern picture.

The Jackets were close to the same record at the break last year, but the division crumbled in front of them. Some seriously rocky runs from opponents. The Jackets need five teams between them and the WC and/or third in the division to ALL fall apart. Not likely.

I mean what are the chances that Ottawa, TO, Philly, Florida, Washington and Boston will ALL falter? Ottawa is struggling as are the leafs, but passing those two does nothing for the Jackets. They need to get past Bruins and Caps. Won't happen, even with a full lineup and a healthy Bob.

Time to circle the wagons and trade for some quality. I would let Dubi, Johnson, Goloubef and Anisimov hit the trade market, to try and get a top six winger and a better backup. Then let the chips fall where they may. Bjorkstrand, Milano, Rychel, Dano, Madaisky and Reilly in the wings, could be augmented nicely by one of the top five guys in this upcoming crop at the draft.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason Raymond was -4 for the Flames last night. He certainly has earned that 'Mr. October' moniker.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason Raymond was -4 for the Flames last night. He certainly has earned that 'Mr. October' moniker.

I like the "Mr bad contract" moniker better

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I first watched I thought it was the left leg because of the way he kicked out the left leg there just screamed of groin...but on that overhead it seemed pretty innocuous from the right side, at least for a goalie that does that all the time. I'd still think groin over hammy. I read this AM that he had an MRI and people were insinuating it was on the groin. Just have to hope nothing pulled off the bone and avoid the crazy stuff like surgery. That said, a groin injury in any hockey player is rough (skating is probably the toughest thing to do with a groin injury)...but a goalie? You have to take it sloooooooow.