• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL 12

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haven't seen anyone post anything on it yet, but I thought I'd share some of my thoughts.

First:

This game is by far best iteration for as long as I've been playing ('02).

- Everything about this game feels exceptionally smooth. Also, the AI is much improved, or at least changed from last year. None of my old tricks are working as well at this point.

- Game modes: Winter Classic is really, really, fun, but again it's just one game.

- Be a GM: My favorite so far. Really fun. Trading system is way more realistic. For example: I needed to trade Clarkson, Wedgewood, 1st Rd, 2nd Rd pick for Landeskog. I also love the way draft day works with this game. Depending on your GM ranking you get blackberrys (Up to 5 I think, so far) teams will call you each round to offer trades. It's really fun. It's also Dynamic. I traded for Ryan Suter and the following draft the Isles buzzed me offering Calvin DeHan, Nino Niederiter, AND Ryan Strome. Suter is a 89 at this point in my game. I declined during the first round. During the Second round the Isles called back and added Matt Moulson + a 2nd round pick. I was almost going to take it but Larsson was only just done with year 2 and he was only at 83 (Now an 88). So i couldn't afford to move Suter.

That's all I've played so far, but it's ridiculously fun.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the trading sounds far more realistic than last year. and even last year it had a come a long way. im about 25 games into my be a gm season right now and i haven't attempted a trade at all yet.

the be a pro is FAR better than it was. i typically didn't even bother playing it but this year you can play a whole career in the CHL, picking whether you start as a 16 year old or 17 year old. i'm definately more into the be a gm mode but either way its pretty sick so far. and its smoother for sure, in that its more realistic. the players reactions to what happens around them seems far more realistic than its ever been before. AND the goalies are better and the CPU takes more shots. no more games where the shot clock is 42 to 7 and you're tied 2-2

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Eashl is where its at. This is where a hockey game blows the door off all other sport games. It's the only mode I play. You and your friends go up against other teams and you have your own position. Club play is def where its at! Also hut is pretty solid I'm shocked at how much I like it

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eashl is where its at. This is where a hockey game blows the door off all other sport games. It's the only mode I play. You and your friends go up against other teams and you have your own position. Club play is def where its at! Also hut is pretty solid I'm shocked at how much I like it

I played a lot of HUT last year, it's addictive. I'm not the biggest fan of the career modes because I don't feel like playing 400 games to get to the 5 year mark, and at least with last years if you started using SIM too much you got sent back to the minors.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't played any of the NHL games since 08... Can you play your team's games in Be a GM mode? Or is it simulated?

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haven't played any of the NHL games since 08... Can you play your team's games in Be a GM mode? Or is it simulated?

YES, you can essentially do anything in the GM mode.

You can play outright or SIM the game.

Note: SIM is way, way more advanced than it used to be. You can either watch the entire thing from a screen similar to ESPN's live football tracker. You can watch it in real game time (15 min games) or quickly sim to the end of a period, then intervene if you wish.

It's pretty awesome. I definitely recommend it.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If youre on PS3 Ill play you :D

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
club isnt career mode or anything like that

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah shit nope, but for anyone whose got x box my gamertag is dpgrko2630

oh and completely unrelated but.....

WTF IS THIS :bj:

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ah shit nope, but for anyone whose got x box my gamertag is dpgrko2630

oh and completely unrelated but.....

WTF IS THIS :bj:

The mouse over indicates it's a blow job.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent played NHL XX since 2002.... I think I'm due for one....

(mostly a frequent Madden/Fifa player myself)

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you like fifa nhl is basically its older brother

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Late but haven't been on here for a long while. NHL 12 is amazing i agree.

I'm on PSN and still go on it when i get a chance.

Anyone on here feel free to add my psn id if you want it's the same as my username on here, "skrillex26".