• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL TOP 100 2011-12 YEAR

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50.Peyton Manning
49.Maurkice Pouncey
48.Devin Hester
47.mike Wallece
46.Champ Bailey
45.Vonta Leach o_0....hmmm
44.Jason Babin
43.VD Thats 4
42.Jason Peters
41.Mathew Stafford

9'ers In The Lead With 4 followed by the eagles with 3

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's too low for Stafford imo especially if Cam Newton is going to be rated ahead of him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's too low for Stafford imo especially if Cam Newton is going to be rated ahead of him.

I'm fast becoming a Stafford fanboy, but his stat is a little inflated because of Calvin. To deny that fact it would be considered lying to oneself. The thing is, even without Megatron, I think he would have had a stellar season. But 5k yards is insane and I don't think he would have accomplished that tremendous feet without Calvin.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm fast becoming a Stafford fanboy, but his stat is a little inflated because of Calvin. To deny that fact it would be considered lying to oneself. The thing is, even without Megatron, I think he would have had a stellar season. But 5k yards is insane and I don't think he would have accomplished that tremendous feet without Calvin.

To be fair though it's not like the Lions were loaded with talent on offense. They weren't terrible either but the Packers and Saints had far more firepower than the Lions did in that area.

I'm not suggesting Stafford should be top 10 or anything but assuming Cam Newton is on the list who in their right minds would rank Newton over Stafford right now. Maybe Newton becomes better than Stafford one day but as of now I would take Stafford in a heartbeat over Newton.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Newton becomes better than Stafford one day but as of now I would take Stafford in a heartbeat over Newton.

Aww snap, you just called out Cam! Beason is comin' for ur ass!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the video on NFL.com today of Vernon's interview about his spot on the list, they gave a spoiler away and said the 49ers were tied with the most players on the list at 7. So, with Bowman, Rogers, Staley and VD already listed I guess that means that Aldon Smith made the list with Willis and Justin Smith.

Good for Aldon, kind of hard to believe he had 14 sacks and was flying under the radar with the so-called postseason awards.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Watching the video on NFL.com today of Vernon's interview about his spot on the list, they gave a spoiler away and said the 49ers were tied with the most players on the list at 7. So, with Bowman, Rogers, Staley and VD already listed I guess that means that Aldon Smith made the list with Willis and Justin Smith.

Good for Aldon, kind of hard to believe he had 14 sacks and was flying under the radar with the so-called postseason awards.

either aldon made the list or gore did. considering von miller already went, i wouldn't be surprised if it's gore. he was a pro-bowler...

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking it was Justin Smith who made the list. Gore just barely made it last year on the top 100

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was thinking it was Justin Smith who made the list. Gore just barely made it last year on the top 100

there are 3 more Niners. Justin Smith and Willis are locks. I'm thinking the 3rd is Gore since he had a pro-bowl year and got a lot more attention due to the team success. I think Aldon is worthy of top 100 but the fact that he wasn't a starter turns voters off (why he wasn't defensive ROY). I'm very interested to see how high Justin Smith is ranked. I think Willis is a lock for top 10.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Gore at 28 so that means it's down to Smith and Willis.

I'm surprised Gore was ranked that high since I thought he had a good year but not a great year last season.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore at 28 so that means it's down to Smith and Willis.

I'm surprised Gore was ranked that high since I thought he had a good year but not a great year last season.

He trailed off a little at the end due to injury, but don't forget that streak of 100yd games and he cleared 1000, became the franchise's leading rusher on a team that was a couple bounces from the SB. I wonder if Willis and/or J Smith cracked the top ten (of this albeit completely questionable list with no specific criteria for determining order).

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He trailed off a little at the end due to injury, but don't forget that streak of 100yd games and he cleared 1000, became the franchise's leading rusher on a team that was a couple bounces from the SB. I wonder if Willis and/or J Smith cracked the top ten (of this albeit completely questionable list with no specific criteria for determining order).

Willis probably will be since he was 12th last year on a crappy team. Just going by how much Gore and VD jumped because the 49ers won 13 games. I doubt Justin Smith will be there, just because I dont think he even made the list a year ago. I'd bet Smith shows up in the mid-late teens. Somehow his dominance is lost on everyone who hasn't played the 49ers.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I agree, but it's pretty difficult and subjective to rank players of different positions. What's better? This juicy tangerine or this juicy steak?

I don't pay any attention to rankings ESPN does anyway. They're all sniffing glue when they make lists like this one if you ask me. The only guy of whom I can think, off hand, whose opinion I really respect there is Doug Gottlieb's.