• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL sets Cap at 133 million - Broncos have 19.4 Million in cap space

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding to the cap room: Contract restructures and releases. The Broncos' prime candidate for a restructure is Champ Bailey, who's on the last year of his contract and whose $10 million deal is begging for an extension. Other possible restructures/releases to free up some cap room include Jacob Tamme, Joel Dreessen, and Chris Kuper.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essentially you can think of the broncos having $30 million in cap space

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters lets sign D`Quell for 3 yrs, Allen for 1 yr ,Linval Joseph ( Giants would be fools to let him test mrkt), Ben Tate and Verner to start the ball rolling

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Sportrac, the available cap room is $17.9 MM. I'm guessing Over The Cap hasn't caught the dead money DRC contributes if he isn't signed. Essentially, the cap number above includes DRC cap space. Still a good amount.

I'm wondering if Bailey will even get a contract. Seems to me Denver's better off letting his contract go and then maybe re-sign or use those cap resources elsewhere.

Still, it's a surprising jump that's for sure. $6 MM more than initial estimates.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Sportrac, the available cap room is $17.9 MM. I'm guessing Over The Cap hasn't caught the dead money DRC contributes if he isn't signed. Essentially, the cap number above includes DRC cap space. Still a good amount.

I'm wondering if Bailey will even get a contract. Seems to me Denver's better off letting his contract go and then maybe re-sign or use those cap resources elsewhere.

Still, it's a surprising jump that's for sure. $6 MM more than initial estimates.

I guessed wrong. Wonder which site is missing something...... Oh well. The precise numbers don't matter much to us. The important part is seeing what gets done with the cap room.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a lot more trusting of Over the Cap than I am Sporttrac. Pretty much the way I understand it Sporttract just tries to steal information from a bunch of sites and comes to an average between them all. Over the Cap actually looks at every individual contract and comes up with a number. Obviously we don't know all the details of every contract but I have found them to be the most reliable when it comes to being close.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a lot more trusting of Over the Cap than I am Sporttrac. Pretty much the way I understand it Sporttract just tries to steal information from a bunch of sites and comes to an average between them all. Over the Cap actually looks at every individual contract and comes up with a number. Obviously we don't know all the details of every contract but I have found them to be the most reliable when it comes to being close.
Well, judging by the math, Over The Cap is really lacking in their addition skills. Their total cap charge is wrong, even when you use the numbers they have posted to calculate it.:doh:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one thing for sure, Denver is in pretty decent shape. Better than alot of other teams and I have a strong feeling their going to free up alot more cap room to help compensate for 2015 before its all said and done. Could be some shockers ahead.