• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL playoffs should be seeded without regard to division championships

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My final thought on this. I've always felt that the point of the playoffs is to find the best team. If you don't win your division, you aren't the best team. You should be thankful to be in the playoffs at all.

yes, so under the current system this is how Wildcard teams should view it.

I'm not against changing the system or against removing Divisions, but just don't see how removing Divisions improves the problem?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not. The simple point that I'm making is that since the NFL is a business, if that business is making alot of money doing things one way why would they risk a change that might lose them money. Businesses don't risk profits.

Patriots missed it when they were 11-5; it would take a similar big market team to miss in order to change it. Green Bay getting in this time doesn't help - this is the example of who we'd "miss" if the system changed. KC losing the last two games avoided a higher record team travelling for the first round.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots missed it when they were 11-5; it would take a similar big market team to miss in order to change it. Green Bay getting in this time doesn't help - this is the example of who we'd "miss" if the system changed. KC losing the last two games avoided a higher record team travelling for the first round.

Like the 49ers not being allowed to host their first ever playoff game at Levis Stadium, despite having a better record than a division champion.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what is the bigger concern......a lousy Division where the winner is 7-9 OR, a team with an easy/favorable schedule that goes 12-4?

there are also gray areas between these extremes, so is the 10-6 team REALLY better than the 9-7?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the 49ers not being allowed to host their first ever playoff game at Levis Stadium, despite having a better record than a division champion.

The stadium is not ready so that even if we did have a home game it would be in Candlestick. I read that if New Orleans and we make the NFCC, it would be in Candlestick. Today here wrong? I know that there must've been some people trying to take up part of Candlestick home with them, not sure if that was enough to be real damage. More than there was already, that is.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stadium is not ready so that even if we did have a home game it would be in Candlestick. I read that if New Orleans and we make the NFCC, it would be in Candlestick. Today here wrong? I know that there must've been some people trying to take up part of Candlestick home with them, not sure if that was enough to be real damage. More than there was already, that is.

Yeah, I meant next for next season.

I hope the NFCC is 49ers vs. Saints.