• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Parallels - Breakout Team in 2014

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have already noted the parallels of SF's 2011 and KC's 2013 so far, both in makeup and sudden turnaround (regardless of the reasons, the team's record turned). Does anyone think that Minnesota could do the same thing next year if Frazier is let go and a good/better coach comes to work with Ponder (as opposed to Ponder being released or not re-signed)? I suppose Freeman would be an option if they re-sign him. I'm not sure of the Vikings defense, they obviously have the runningback, wasn't their kicker good/great, too? But they also play in Rodgers' and Lion's (potentially strong or average any year) division/conference.

Just curious. Any other teams you see primed for a surprising year next year? (Maybe not this far out, because it's hard to predict if a team will keep/fire their coach, who will replace them, etc.)

Tampa Bay after Schiano? Jacksonville seems years out regardless of coach and QB (assuming no one wants to go there that could help that much). Carolina is already turning around. Giants and Pittsburgh have been there recently, so not as big of surprise if they do.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta, I know this is an easy pick but they will bounce back. Another team as a sleeper team would be Giants. I think they make some moves.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Carolina as that team. I have no faith in Ron Rivera's ability to take that team to the next level but if they get an offensive minded coach to work with Cam on his decision making and turnovers while at the same time, continue to cultivate that defense, they have the running game and the front seven defensively.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa should go after Shaw from Stanford. It would make that team a top 10 team immediately.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rams with two first round picks could always get lucky to be that team next year.

Tampa Bay, loaded with talent.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, the 2011 49ers and 2013 Chiefs had both already built extremely strong defenses and had talent on offense. They had the pieces in place but just needed a coach. The Vikings defense isn't on that level IMO, they aren't near as deep, they have a few players but I all their team isn't that great. They could get there eventually though with continued drafts like their last one.

As for Ponder, I definitely don't think he is the answer regardless of who is coaching.

I've seen Cleveland mentioned in here; these guy are already good, they are still in the race for that division, they just need a QB and might have found one (for now) in Campbell.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cleveland is on the verge of breaking out. The AFC North is getting weak with the Steelers and Ravens failing off. Cleveland just needs to get consistent and limit turnovers. Another team loaded up with talent that just needs to get use to winning is Buffalo.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams with two first round picks could always get lucky to be that team next year.

Tampa Bay, loaded with talent.

That is why I root for the Rams to win every game they play. Obviously not any games that affect the 49ers playoffs. The entire division for that matter. Just win, but not enough so the draft picks are worse.