• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL mandates locker room camera for in-stadium viewing

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will be the first player fined/suspended for not being politically correct and uttering an obscenity or other otherwise innocent comment. I know myself and most of my high school and college teams would still be in sensitivity training two decades later

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who will be the first player fined/suspended for not being politically correct and uttering an obscenity or other otherwise innocent comment. I know myself and most of my high school and college teams would still be in sensitivity training two decades later

I've already seen a couple of immature players tweet each other (gosh, I hate saying the word "tweet") that they expect other players who will bet their teammates to do something obsene/questionable in range of the camera to see how much they can get away with. Now, will that actually happen? I don't know. But it doesn't shock me that a couple of players have gone down that road of thinking.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me first say I agree that this is a dumb idea, but I also think televising the underwear Olympics (combine) is dumb as well. Despite my personal position, the combine rates very highly on TV.

My point is the NFL is the most popular sport in the US by far. They will try to capitalize on anything possible to continue to leverage that popularity. I also thought I heard this video feed will only be viewable by fans in the stadiums. As man caves, large TVs, comfy recliners, and the Sunday ticket TV package continue to expand into more households there is a risk that attendance will eventually begin to drop, especially considering the price to go to a game, eat, drink, park, etc.

I see this as experimentation to enhance the "at the game" experience. Again, I think it's dumb but I'm guessing some chowderheads will love it.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I believe I heard that as well Tomik... I am not too pressed on it myself however.. Now if they made it more prohibitive price wise to watch at home, then it may be something where it would drive fans back to the stadium. Or if they were able to figure out a pricing structure on food/drink that didn't cost $50 for two sausages, two beers and some nachos, that might also help..

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds silly but it just goes along with what the NFL is trying to do to ensure people keep going to the games. I remember someone posted the story on this board a few months ago about how the NFL teams were going to start doing little things like this to enhance the stadium experience, simply because the games are so clear and the picture so good on big screen HDTV's that the NFL realized they needed to do even more to make the stadium experience something worth coming back and doing again.

This is probably just the beginning of silly things they do in order to make sure the stadium crowd feels more involved with the team/game than the people do sitting at home.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just what we wanted to see. Cock and balls on the jumbo screen at Jerry World. You all know some player is going to flash.