• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Free Agency tracker 2023

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate PFF but JB was 12th last year and had 17 drops.

TH was 40th and had 4 drops.

Grant Paulsen from his show today.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate PFF but JB was 12th last year and had 17 drops.

TH was 40th and had 4 drops.

Grant Paulsen from his show today.

that's interesting. He had a decent year, i was surprised at the price tag.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the 8 million dollar price. I would have definitely gone cheaper with Rush or Minshew.

i was surprised also. I guess Eb really wanted him. I thought EB would go with the more mobile QB. JB is more of the traditional drop back passer. Do you agree?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U
i was surprised also. I guess Eb really wanted him. I thought EB would go with the more mobile QB. JB is more of the traditional drop back passer. Do you agree?
yes. But he can run too

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why do we want to clear space? Who is it you want that is such a huge upgrade?
Add a Bonafide CB like Garner-Johnson or Slay. Add Risner at Guard before the draft. I'm still wanting to trade back and pick OL, TE, OL with first 3 picks. Don't want to see Leno here past this season or perhaps that 1st round pick is his replacement. Not sold on Paul yet.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add a Bonafide CB like Garner-Johnson or Slay. Add Risner at Guard before the draft. I'm still wanting to trade back and pick OL, TE, OL with first 3 picks. Don't want to see Leno here past this season or perhaps that 1st round pick is his replacement. Not sold on Paul yet.

He problem with your idea is you paint yourself into a corner. What if the OL are gone when we pick in the first? What if nobody wants to trade?

If you go after FAS, how will the players you develop ever get to play because you won’t play them over FA, even if they are better?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He problem with your idea is you paint yourself into a corner. What if the OL are gone when we pick in the first? What if nobody wants to trade?

If you go after FAS, how will the players you develop ever get to play because you won’t play them over FA, even if they are better?
What problem? The idea is what it is, doesn't mean it will pan out. Either way I have a real CB and OL help. Given how the first round will play out, there will be a very good OT available at 16 or even a few spots down from that. Name a CB on our team better than the 2 I mentioned picking up? Zero! BSJ may get there but not yet. Fuller? We have a clear hole at CB and Center currently.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What problem? The idea is what it is, doesn't mean it will pan out. Either way I have a real CB and OL help. Given how the first round will play out, there will be a very good OT available at 16 or even a few spots down from that. Name a CB on our team better than the 2 I mentioned picking up? Zero! BSJ may get there but not yet. Fuller? We have a clear hole at CB and Center currently.
I think at the end of the day when you are a bad team, you need free agent assistance to fill in holes. The reason is that bad teams typically have numerous holes that cannot be filled by draft picks only.

In a perfect world, a team would be a factory in which draft picks would be the foundation for replenishment. That is simply not the case right now.

I highly doubt ALL OLinemen we have had an interest in will be gone by 16. It could happen, but it is highly unlikely. We have shown interest in half of the eligible OLine in the freaking draft.

Under your plan, unless the value is NOT there and there has literally been a run on OLinemen, I would look at LB or TE at 16 if a trade is not there. I liked the strategy of being aggressive in Day 1, but it appears the reports were accurate and Rivera mailed it in after Day One and looked for depth.

At this point, I would like to see one more starter added. This will help set up the draft and eliminate any need/temptation to really reach in the draft. If we stay put, starters are still needed at:

CB
LB
Guard or Center
Possibly LT (preferred)
Possibly TE (preferred)

You simply cannot look to the draft to solve those problems. I freely admit I am in the minority here and do not feel good about the current OLine and feel more could and should have been done. There is still talent out there, so who knows what might happen.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at the end of the day when you are a bad team, you need free agent assistance to fill in holes. The reason is that bad teams typically have numerous holes that cannot be filled by draft picks only.

In a perfect world, a team would be a factory in which draft picks would be the foundation for replenishment. That is simply not the case right now.

I highly doubt ALL OLinemen we have had an interest in will be gone by 16. It could happen, but it is highly unlikely. We have shown interest in half of the eligible OLine in the freaking draft.

Under your plan, unless the value is NOT there and there has literally been a run on OLinemen, I would look at LB or TE at 16 if a trade is not there. I liked the strategy of being aggressive in Day 1, but it appears the reports were accurate and Rivera mailed it in after Day One and looked for depth.

At this point, I would like to see one more starter added. This will help set up the draft and eliminate any need/temptation to really reach in the draft. If we stay put, starters are still needed at:

CB
LB
Guard or Center
Possibly LT (preferred)
Possibly TE (preferred)

You simply cannot look to the draft to solve those problems. I freely admit I am in the minority here and do not feel good about the current OLine and feel more could and should have been done. There is still talent out there, so who knows what might happen.
I don't feel good about the o line either. I think Gates would be better served as a backup. Hoping Roullier is brought back on the cheap or they go center in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I don't feel good about LG in particular. Norwell's lack of mobility is a bad fit for Bieniemy's offense and I saw Paul get put on skates in the Dallas game more than once.

I feel like the right side is good enough. Leno coming back may depend on how the draft shakes out. If Paris or the kid from Georgia are there, gotta think they would be tempted. Skoronski at LG wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

It doesn't seem like Gonzalez is gonna be there but Porter Jr. might. If Porter Jr. is there I'm probably taking him.

From there I'm crossing my fingers I can get Avila at 47, roll with Leno one more year and draft a LT with my first pick in 24. (Assuming Howell plays well)

Still waiting to see if they get in on Slay or Griffin. That would open up drafting Mayer or one if the other TEs.

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont fell good about the o line either. I think Gates would be better served as a backup. Hoping Roullier is brought back on the cheap or they go center in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I dont fell good about LG either. Norwell's lack of mobility is a bad fit for Bieniemy's offense and I saw Paul get put on skates in the Dallas game more than once.

I feel like the right side is good enough. Leno coming back may depend on how the draft shakes out. If Paris or the kid from Georgia are there, gotta think they would be tempted. Skoronski at LG wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

It doesn't seem like Gonzalez is gonna be there but Porter Jr. might. If Porter Jr. is there I'm probably taking him.

From there I'm crossing my fingers I can get Avila at 47, roll with Leno one more year and draft a LT with my first pick in 24. (Assuming Howell plays well)
We are on the same page.

I would like to give Isaac Seumalo a call and fill in the LG spot. That would then allow us roll with Leno and Seumalo on the Left and Cosmi and Wylie on the Right. Larson or maybe even Gates could fill in at Center. Larsen did well last year. That is a line that could give Howell the time he needs. With a rookie QB, you have to give them protection. The teams that went deep in the playoffs all had superior OLines.

If not, I do like Avila in the 2nd (if there) and CB in the 1st would be acceptable. I would hope LB or TE in the 3rd but it is a crap shoot after the 1st round as you know.

The part of the front office strategy I don't get is the tendency to beef up certain units (DLine and WR) and do the bare minimum on others (LB and OLine).

There is a lot of talent still there in free agency but we are about out of money. There are still some LBs and Guards who could fill a hole and allow us to concentrate elsewhere in the draft.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are on the same page.

I would like to give Isaac Seumalo a call and fill in the LG spot. That would then allow us roll with Leno and Seumalo on the Left and Cosmi and Wylie on the Right. Larson or maybe even Gates could fill in at Center. Larsen did well last year. That is a line that could give Howell the time he needs. With a rookie QB, you have to give them protection. The teams that went deep in the playoffs all had superior OLines.

If not, I do like Avila in the 2nd (if there) and CB in the 1st would be acceptable. I would hope LB or TE in the 3rd but it is a crap shoot after the 1st round as you know.

The part of the front office strategy I don't get is the tendency to beef up certain units (DLine and WR) and do the bare minimum on others (LB and OLine).

There is a lot of talent still there in free agency but we are about out of money. There are still some LBs and Guards who could fill a hole and allow us to concentrate elsewhere in the draft.
We are all on the same page. If Gonzales or Porter are there at 16 I take either. If not, I consider a trade back knowing full well I can get 2 OL, a TE or a CB at top of round 2, maybe Ringo. Options are good to have if that particular player is not there at 16. If no trade partner, draft an OL or TE and move on. Both are positions requiring upgrades.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LB can be solved in the 4th. Maybe Henley who they met with or Dorian Williams are there.

Skins haven't been Cerrato active but they have been busy. Replacing HOFs like Williams and Scherff will take time if you want to do it correctly imo.

I'd like to see them get capable guys up front, but don't spend big on the o line. I want to rebuild it through the draft the way we did with Trent and Scherff.

If OL is the value at 16 sure, but don't force it and miss out on a long rangy corner who could really add value to our front four.

Its been a while. Springs? Champ?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, call me crazy but I like the moves they’ve made regarding the oline:

Signing Wylie from KC to solidify the right side of the line (kicking Cosmi inside), and knows the offense.
Signing competition in a “big ugly” in Gates for center.
Signing Tyler Larsen as a swing.

I’m sure they’ll address it again in the draft.

I think there are no “trai turner” signings we all knew were not going to work out in these moves.

I think the oline is definitely better than it was before these signings.

Skinsfan21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's interesting. He had a decent year, i was surprised at the price tag.
So you’re telling me a 35-41 career record is better than a 12–11 career record