• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL.com Power Ranking

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com news: Week 10: Ravens, 49ers locked in tie for No. 2 behind Packers

Now being tied for 2nd is BULL IMO but looking at that ranking, I have to say this...

Our San Francisco 49ers have/will play:
2a - Ravens
4 - Giants
5 - Steelers
7 - Lions
8 - Bengals(leads the afc!)
and at one pt, TB was viewed as a top 10 team along with the dream team....

WOW, we had a real schedule this year... there are/were no easy ones...

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, we did play the patsies from Seattle, Cleveland and Washington and we still get 5 more games against the three weakest teams in the conference. We got our share of scrubs but we have also played very well against some of the best teams in the conference and still have to play the Giants, Ravens and Steelers. That is definitely not a cupcake schedule. The Niners have been impressive

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also beat the Eagles in Philly and that's not easy to do.

We gotta win 2 out of 3 against the Giants (tie breaker implications) Ravens and Steelers. This week is a huge game. I hope we aren't "due" for a bad game. We haven't played one yet, aside from the first half vs Philly and the end vs Dallas.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you include all of our season's opponents with today's records, the 49ers have the second easiest SOS in the league. Obviously this is where playing in such a week division hurts.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

We gotta win 2 out of 3 against the Giants (tie breaker implications) Ravens and Steelers. This week is a huge game. I hope we aren't "due" for a bad game. We haven't played one yet, aside from the first half vs Philly and the end vs Dallas.

Except this year. They're 1-3 at home after last night.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you include all of our season's opponents with today's records, the 49ers have the second easiest SOS in the league. Obviously this is where playing in such a week division hurts.

Granted. But our schedule to date has been quite tough, especially with the four east coast early starts. We end on a fairly easy note, though we can't underestimate the other NFC West teams too much.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

You think so? I'd say if we win one of those games (especially if it is the Giants game) and 4 of 5 against the scrubs in the division we get the # 2 seed and a first round bye.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted. But our schedule to date has been quite tough, especially with the four east coast early starts. We end on a fairly easy note, though we can't underestimate the other NFC West teams too much.

Agreed. Especially since we've had the toughest travel schedule of all the teams. I do hope though that the teams in our division win a bunch of irrelevant games. That will strengthen our SOS and lower their draft picks.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

How so? For power rankings? Who gives a damn about power rankings. Give me a weak schedule any day and a clear path to the playoffs where anything can happen.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think so? I'd say if we win one of those games (especially if it is the Giants game) and 4 of 5 against the scrubs in the division we get the # 2 seed and a first round bye.

I just mean for the team in general. It would be a statement that we can beat the top teams on a consistent basis. And for me in general... I am still waiting to wake up and we are 2-5. (still contending for the division sadly enough)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? For power rankings? Who gives a damn about power rankings. Give me a weak schedule any day and a clear path to the playoffs where anything can happen.

No, for SOS. SOS plays a role in home field advantage if we have the same record as the Packers later on.

I don't give a shit about power rankings.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that.

Seeding and HFA:

1.Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2.
2.Head-to-head, if applicable. (For ties between 3 or more teams, this step is only applied if there is a head-to-head sweep; i.e., if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5.Strength of victory (record of all the teams they defeated that season).
6.Strength of schedule (record of all the teams they played that season).
7.Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8.Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9.Best net points in conference games.
10.Best net points in all games.
11.Best net touchdowns in all games.
12.Coin Toss.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JLC is a ****..... Sorry but he really is biased against SF....(watch if the Niners lose another gm down the stretch, he'll bolt them out of the top 10)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we did play the patsies from Seattle, Cleveland and Washington and we still get 5 more games against the three weakest teams in the conference. We got our share of scrubs but we have also played very well against some of the best teams in the conference and still have to play the Giants, Ravens and Steelers. That is definitely not a cupcake schedule. The Niners have been impressive

Considering we'll have the 3 of the top 5 per Power Rankings left to play... winning all 3(yea my expectations are rising) would shatter the media perception of us!

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fucking JLC still has us at 5. What a fucking hater.

NFL.com | Fan Rankings

Well, he's also got the Giants ranked lower than anyone else. Brooks has the 9ers at #2 and NYG @ #3.
I'd just as soon La Cankersora and the rest of them ranked us #22. Last I heard, they don't give out the Lombardi Trophy on the basis of power rankings. So fvck all of that.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JLC is a ****..... Sorry but he really is biased against SF....(watch if the Niners lose another gm down the stretch, he'll bolt them out of the top 10)

Seems like he is just ranking them low because of his Twitter fight with that 49ers fan. I laugh when I see him on NFL Network now, all chubby and talking from behind his open laptop... I can't help but wonder who he's fighting with on the internet now.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seeding and HFA:

1.Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2.
2.Head-to-head, if applicable. (For ties between 3 or more teams, this step is only applied if there is a head-to-head sweep; i.e., if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5.Strength of victory (record of all the teams they defeated that season).
6.Strength of schedule (record of all the teams they played that season).
7.Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8.Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9.Best net points in conference games.
10.Best net points in all games.
11.Best net touchdowns in all games.
12.Coin Toss.

Interesting. Good info. I wonder what is the farthest down the list they've ever had to go to determine playof seeding.