• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Change Proposals

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all of the changes that have been proposed and made by the NFL itself have been unpopular. The changes that they are making, even those not officially intended, are bad. What would you guys suggest to do to change things?

State of the Union: Nine bold proposals for improving the NFL | News | NFL.com
State of the Union: Fan proposals to change the NFL - NFL.com

I'll start with the obvious:

1. Call all penalties regardless of when and who it is against, no matter what game it is - this includes but is not limited to PIs on Haily Mary's, physical contact with an official on the biggest game of one's life regardless of intent, and holding in the last 2 minutes (all game, too).
2. The penalty on a safety rule needs to change.
3. No more ties. Someone will score eventually.
4. No more overseas games in the regular season. The site above mentions it for only preseason games, but I honestly could not care less if they removed it altogether. No home games taken away, no travelling far, not even for close Jaguars or Patriots teams, though those two should always play there if so.
5. Fewer preseason games and not at season ticket holder's expense - give it as a bonus for buying a full year and reasonably lower price for the rest. Keep refreshment prices the same, of course.
6. I like Bemular's idea about there being an awards show instead of the Pro Bowl. Not sure when it would be, before or after the SB. Too many alternates.
7. No 18 game season.

Not sure about:

8. Move a few teams and maybe realign geographically? Rivalries will develop over time. Maybe contract?
9. Draft before free agency? It would help and hurt FAs. One they could see the landscape of their teams, for example see if their potential replacement is drafted. But also, it would give them less time to learn the system and less demand, maybe.
10. I'll leave you guys to discuss hitting

Not sure what I think about this, but it would be interesting if you couldn't kick field goals in OT - just punt and defend or go for it. But I could see this being troublesome so I didn't include it above. More chance for looooong games with high risk of injury.

Those with experience in college football could educate me about the rules on age, eligibility, recruitment, etc. that could/should be changed?

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets ban Nike from ruining any more NFL uniforms with their bull shit designs.