• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Thread

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh heh

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tonight we get our first look at the new giants offense and some of the players they have drafted .

glad to see some simulated real football

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tonight we get our first look at the new giants offense and some of the players they have drafted .

glad to see some simulated real football

Quasi football> no football at all

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Historically worst defense in the league.. .not the division.. the league... historically.

Historically the worst defense in the league yet still forced 28 turnovers (which was 12 more than the previous year) and finished in the top half of the league in forced turnovers. Still finished 8-8. Still gave up less points than Washington. What many people continue to ignore about the Cowboys last year is how good they were against the NFC East. Here are some important facts to consider:

-With all those injuries defensively, no team in the NFC East could beat them with Romo healthy.

-While their defense was historically bad last year, it was really good against the NFC East.

-They gave up 19.6 ppg against NFC East opponents last year. Against everyone else, 31.4 ppg.
So clearly a big part of the reason why the defense was so historically bad was because of teams not in the NFC East.

Note: Even if you take out the fluke game against Philly where they only gave up 3 points, it's still just a 23 ppg average against the East which isn't bad for a team that averaged over 27 ppg.

2. Said names historically bad defense has not really improved and due to injury they are seriously considering signing a guy who has spent the past two years playing dont drop the soap and likely expecting him to contribute heavily.
Not that I am high on the defense, but they did improve. Replacing Kiffin with Marinelli was a huge and much needed improvement. I don't think the Cowboys want Brent because they are desperate due to the injuries, but because they think he still has upside.

3. Romo is Romo. He will put up yards, and score some points. But he always finds a way to choke in the end.
Yeah, Romo is Romo. And Washington is Washington. They will be the team that puts him in position to choke by giving him the wins necessary to stay in the divisional race.

4. At the end of the day its not going to matter what dallas does so much as if our team manages to improve on defense and special teams. As hard as I am on Griffin, I think he is better than Jason Campbell and with the talent around him... barring Injury this team should be in contention for the division. to expect less from a healthy Redskins team means you think this entire offseason, the trade and hiring of Gruden was a complete and utter failure.
They definitely need to improve on defense and special teams, but I think it's the offense where they need to improve the most. In a weak division where nobody really has a good defense, having a high-powered offense can get you far. If they can return to anything near they were two years ago offensively, they could definitely win the division.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely need to improve on defense and special teams, but I think it's the offense where they need to improve the most. In a weak division where nobody really has a good defense, having a high-powered offense can get you far. If they can return to anything near they were two years ago offensively, they could definitely win the division.

the offense can improve significantly by just running the ball more, as everyone in town knows. I believe they were top 5 in yards per carry last season, but they didn't run enough. running will get them two things they definitely need - 1. prevents Romo from throwing too much and should cut down on mistakes, and 2. it will prolong drives and keep that wretched defense off the field for longer periods.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the offense can improve significantly by just running the ball more, as everyone in town knows. I believe they were top 5 in yards per carry last season, but they didn't run enough. running will get them two things they definitely need - 1. prevents Romo from throwing too much and should cut down on mistakes, and 2. it will prolong drives and keep that wretched defense off the field for longer periods.

Legit points Heater. It will be interesting to see if they actually DO run it more or again veer from it...

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legit points Heater. It will be interesting to see if they actually DO run it more or again veer from it...

we've already heard the customary lip service from Jerry and the coaching staff about an emphasis to increase the load of the running backs, but we heard that song and dance during training camp last season. :L

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10595947_10202615986706155_1476819805_n.jpg

Ladyshark gave me this one and I couldnt resist. :D

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Historically worst defense in the league.. .not the division.. the league... historically.

Shark with all respect do better research before posting shock value like this. They were not the worst defense in league history. They were not the worst really bad and 3rd worst but that is not the worst.

2. Said names historically bad defense has not really improved and due to injury they are seriously considering signing a guy who has spent the past two years playing dont drop the soap and likely expecting him to contribute heavily.

Injuries have taken a toll already and we will c what our New DC can do
with what he has this year .

3. Romo is Romo. He will put up yards, and score some points. But he always finds a way to choke in the end.

Ya know that old saying is thrown around more than today's newspapers across America please do some unbiased research on all the games he has played. Has he had bad games and not came through Yes. Has he won games coming back from behind Yes. Has he ended games with bad decisions. Yes but calling a guy a Choker that's far from the truth. Romo has not shined on the brightest stage I will agree but a choke artist PLEASE. Having to try to put the team on his shoulders without enough support has plagued Tony Yes I agree. But Do some more research and you might feel different on his complete body of work.

4. At the end of the day its not going to matter what dallas does so much as if our team manages to improve on defense and special teams. As hard as I am on Griffin, I think he is better than Jason Campbell and with the talent around him... barring Injury this team should be in contention for the division. to expect less from a healthy Redskins team means you think this entire offseason, the trade and hiring of Gruden was a complete and utter failure.

On this I agree. Lets C how the season plays out and look at where both teams are in January. Cant say good luck but here's to a season with nothing but minor injuries to both teams. Now the Gnats and the Eagles they are on their own

Lastly Shark this is not a personal attack just a difference of opinion on My team on your teams Board.

JMHO

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this I agree. Lets C how the season plays out and look at where both teams are in January. Cant say good luck but here's to a season with nothing but minor injuries to both teams. Now the Gnats and the Eagles they are on their own

Lastly Shark this is not a personal attack just a difference of opinion on My team on your teams Board.

JMHO

Colors, I will give you that I was going for shock value... but not by much.

Cowboys Corner: Cowboys defense is historically bad, allowing third-most yards in NFL history

Top three in yards given up ever is historically bad.

Point two.. talent wise Dallas has not really improved that defense. And the concept of bringing Brent back has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with Jerry's ego. Jerry is always trying to prove how brilliant he is.

Lastly as far as Romo goes, I think he will have you finishing just good enough to be out of range for whom ever the top QB is next year. Or just bad enough to make Jerry think long and hard before he passes on yet another good young prospect because he is truely married to Romo for the next two years at minimum.

Do I think the Skins will win the Division?? Nope. Do I think Dallas will make the playoffs?? Umm Nope.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....Always on your mind

say... is Dallas weak?

Fixed that for ya. And the answer is yes. Now troll on brotha, troll on.