• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

News on Undertakers streak

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got some interesting insight on The Undertaker and his streak ending at WM 30...Maybe this has been posted but ihavent seen it, so if so disregard.

But, I heard only a very people knew of the streak ending, Taker, Heyman, Brock, Triple H and Vince. Not even the referee knew it and if you go back you can see the ref waving off the bell and a terrified look on his face like "OMFG I just F'd up big time."

But apparently, Taker has wanted the streak to end many years ago. But numerous superstars declined because they didn't want to become the ULTIMATE bad guy and be known for ruining the streak. HBK, Triple H, Orton, Punk (Unknown at this time if Punk declined because of the image he would receive, OR because Vince didn't want Punk to be the guy.) Lesnar was the only guy willing to take the hit..

Interesting, because I always thought that ending the streak should go to a up and coming superstar and this would cement his legacy forever, this would catapult him to the main event forever. But actually, this was brought to my attention...NO ONE wanted the burden that would come with ending the streak, you would forever be known as the bad guy who ended the streak.

Andi n WWE's eyes, Brock was the only viable option, because A.) Brock doesn't give a shit, and B.) Brock could come in, end the streak and go away.

Interesting point of view because so many always thought IF the streak was ever ended it should go to the next big star. But WWE's viewpoint was, (And it seems logical) whoever ends the streak, basically their career is going to be hated by so many. Lesnar was the perfect choice.

So now....in the making is Sting vs Taker at WM31. AND instead of it being Sting vs The Streak, WWE gets Sting vs Undertaker.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BmHjegfCIAEQ89E.jpg-large.jpeg

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here's my issue with the WWE's reasoning if that's the case..

Just let the streak stay in tact. It didn't have to end just for the sake of having it end. It's not really a game changer for Lesnar.

It's dirt sheet reporting so take this with a grain of salt, but Dave Metzler said that UT wanted to go over but Vince wanted the streak to end since they were worried it would be his last match. Undertaker being the ultimate company man didn't object

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD, what were you thinking starting this thread? This thread was just begging to be trolled.

BTW

paul+heyman+client+brock+lesnar+conquered+the+streak.png

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my issue with the WWE's reasoning if that's the case..

Just let the streak stay in tact. It didn't have to end just for the sake of having it end. It's not really a game changer for Lesnar.

It's dirt sheet reporting so take this with a grain of salt, but Dave Metzler said that UT wanted to go over but Vince wanted the streak to end since they were worried it would be his last match. Undertaker being the ultimate company man didn't object

that is opposite of what I was told. Taker has wanted the streak to end for years. But none of his recent opponents wanted to be the ones to end it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that is opposite of what I was told. Taker has wanted the streak to end for years. But none of his recent opponents wanted to be the ones to end it.

It's definitely possible. Metzler's reporting is hit or miss.

I just think that the streak was perfect and there was no reason for it to end

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now....in the making is Sting vs Taker at WM31. AND instead of it being Sting vs The Streak, WWE gets Sting vs Undertaker.

And Sting vs. Undertaker I think is better and a looks more credible than Sting vs. the Streak. There's no way anyone would believe that WWE would let Sting come in and end the streak (giving a 'victory' to WCW in a sense), but having Undertaker come off a loss and showing signs of slowing down makes it more believable that Sting could actually win (although he probably won't).

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that these big names guys were afraid to take the heat that came with being the guy to break the streak. It seems silly to think HHH, Michaels (who half the crowd was cheering on to do it), or Punk didn't think they could handle it.