• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New York Knicks coach Mike Woodson fine with players criticism of game plan

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,618.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Woodson does not believe comments by Tyson Chandler and Carmelo Anthony about the New York Knicks being outschemed and exploited in Monday's 103-80 loss to Brooklyn were attacks on his coaching.

"Absolutely not," Woodson said Tuesday. "I think when you win games things are OK. When you lose games things seem to creep in. I don't ever air and don't like players airing [problems]. Tyson and I, we spoke. I don't know exactly what was actually said from Tyson, but at the end of the day I have to coach and I have to get players playing harder and smarter. That's their job to do that."

The Knicks dropped their fourth straight game Monday after the Nets bludgeoned them at home. After the loss -- in which the Nets shot 49.3 percent from the field -- Chandler questioned the team's defensive strategy to constantly switch on pick-and-rolls.

"I think we came to play. They outschemed us," Chandler said. "They played to our defense as far their offensive scheme, knowing our rotations and knowing what we wanted to accomplish. Kind of putting us in vulnerable situations."

Source: ESPN New York