• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New uniforms coming

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kidding me? the bengals have had the stripes for 40 years now. they originated that shit. there's gotta be 100's of high school teams and at least a couple of colleges (including memphis) whom have jocked their style. they're the bengals. their mascot is a large predatory cat with stripes, a very particular pattern on the animal's coat. there's no better way to represent that then to have the stripes on the helmet.

I'm messing with you dude. It is iconic. I've always hated it though.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a Steelers fan and a Raiders fan arguing about the Bengals helmet on the Bengals board.

What a time to be alive....LOL

FWIW - I like the helmet, but I'd love to see some variation. I know that won't happen until the NFL allows an alternate design for helmets, but there have been a few really good fan drawings over the years. The biggest one would be the white helmet and black stripes for the color rush match. There was also one with a Bengal Face on the sides of the helmet that looked pretty good.

If they just stay with the stipes, I'd like to see them maybe a bit bigger. A bit more black on there - bolder stripes.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've long held the opinion that mirrored helmets are the way to go. Imagine running into your own face. Gotta think outside the box.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the neck up all you see are movies in the shape of the helmet. f*ck I'm tired now from all this innovation