• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New iPhone day

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m due for an upgrade and I’m just wondering if I should go with the XS or the XS plus? The plus is supposed to be bigger than the Note 9, does anyone have that and can you tell me if it’s really as massive as it looks? I have the 8 plus so I’m used to a big phone but with the XS being a 6.1 screen size and the plus being 6.5 they’re both bigger than what I currently have.

The plus is probably about the exact same size as the 8 plus, just all screen.

Edit: since you have the 8 plus, measure the whole device from corner to corner for comparison.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a 6S. I can text and make phone calls. I can play poker and word games. I can set the alarm clock and find and use the calculator. My grandson keeps telling me to upgrade to an iPhone 8 plus. Will it make me any smarter or teach me how to Tweet?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plus is probably about the exact same size as the 8 plus, just all screen.

Edit: since you have the 8 plus, measure the whole device from corner to corner for comparison.

Thanks, I measured it and then looked up the specs of the Max, it’s actually a tiny bit smaller but because it’s all screen it makes it look bigger. So really it’s not that big a deal since I know how big it’ll be just with a bigger screen.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as Well just buy an ipad or Laptop...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how people even break down into teams when it comes to cellphones.

My biggest complaint is my 5s won't quit working. So I have to keep using it. Haven't even had a case for a year and a half. If there still are "new" 5s', I'll get another one when this one goes, if they do.

Seems like every upgrade is a bigger screen. And I don't want a bigger screen. I want a Moto Razr that's all screen on both insides of the flip. That's what I want. Greatest. Phone. Ever.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how people even break down into teams when it comes to cellphones.

My biggest complaint is my 5s won't quit working. So I have to keep using it. Haven't even had a case for a year and a half. If there still are "new" 5s', I'll get another one when this one goes, if they do.

Seems like every upgrade is a bigger screen. And I don't want a bigger screen. I want a Moto Razr that's all screen on both insides of the flip. That's what I want. Greatest. Phone. Ever.

Pretty sure the enter key is stuck.

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as Well just buy an ipad or Laptop...

My wife has a Samsung with 5.5 inch screen and that thing is gigantic.

Apple will start offering a gender neutral purse if they get much bigger.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my daughter wants an i-phone. She's been using Macs and ipads for several years, and she's an artistic type, so I get it...but no way am I paying 1,000 for a new one. We bought her a cheap android as her first phone but it's starting to collapse because of all the pics and vids she has on it.

We asked the guys at the t-mobile store about an older model iPhone, and they were all, "we'll sell you a 6, but it won't be supported in a few months." This sounded like bullshit.

I did some on-line research and it looks like there really isn't a problem with the 6's and 7's upgrading to iOS 12. The big problem is that -- still -- 6's are over $500. The refurbished ones are a lot cheaper but you take a huge risk that they're not really unlocked, or they're not really re-furbs. In one case, a company was selling people refurbs and sending them a phone box full of play-doh. FUCKING PLAY-DOH!

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my daughter wants an i-phone. She's been using Macs and ipads for several years, and she's an artistic type, so I get it...but no way am I paying 1,000 for a new one. We bought her a cheap android as her first phone but it's starting to collapse because of all the pics and vids she has on it.

We asked the guys at the t-mobile store about an older model iPhone, and they were all, "we'll sell you a 6, but it won't be supported in a few months." This sounded like bullshit.

I did some on-line research and it looks like there really isn't a problem with the 6's and 7's upgrading to iOS 12. The big problem is that -- still -- 6's are over $500. The refurbished ones are a lot cheaper but you take a huge risk that they're not really unlocked, or they're not really re-furbs. In one case, a company was selling people refurbs and sending them a phone box full of play-doh. FUCKING PLAY-DOH!
Keep an eye on the Craigslists and Facebook Marketplaces. You should be able to get a 6s for a couple hundred pretty easily. Just look up things to check for when buying used. Make sure the seller can sign into “find my iPhone” and all that stuff.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on the Craigslists and Facebook Marketplaces. You should be able to get a 6s for a couple hundred pretty easily. Just look up things to check for when buying used. Make sure the seller can sign into “find my iPhone” and all that stuff.

que es "find my iPhone?" Is that how the gubbamint tracks you?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
que es "find my iPhone?" Is that how the gubbamint tracks you?

No, they don’t need it to track you. It requires the owners password. You want to make sure you’re not buying a stolen phone. You can also look up if the device is locked before you meet a seller.

I’ve seen used iPhones or iPads advertised as locked right in the listing. Obviously you’ll want to avoid those.

8 Things You Need to Know When Buying a Used iPhone

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they don’t need it to track you. It requires the owners password. You want to make sure you’re not buying a stolen phone. You can also look up if the device is locked before you meet a seller.

I’ve seen used iPhones or iPads advertised as locked right in the listing. Obviously you’ll want to avoid those.

Thanks, will take a look at that link

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranks somewhere below the kind of pretentious douche who talks about how superior Android is in an iPhone thread.
Android is a pile of shit - I bought the cheaper version of Samsung Galaxy for about $200 and there is only one thing the $900 model does better - it takes amazing pictures - no glare from lights or anything. I don't use my phone for taking pictures, so I didn't need it. Besides that I will have dropped it 20 times over a year any way, so why pay for a fucking phone that won't last me two years?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't buy used phones. Never did buy used appliances either - I still remember my first Whirlpool Dryer - neighbor got pissed because I didn't buy his used shit, but the damned think lasted from around 1987 to 2013 - If my next one doesn't last as long - I am going to complain to Whirlpool

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy used phones. Never did buy used appliances either - I still remember my first Whirlpool Dryer - neighbor got pissed because I didn't buy his used shit, but the damned think lasted from around 1987 to 2013 - If my next one doesn't last as long - I am going to complain to Whirlpool

You won’t do shit, Tard

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you tech guys. I just purchased the iphone6s plus. My Samsung is starting to show it's wear and I wanted to change things up a bit and upgrading as well. This is my first iPhone ever and do you find this device more user friendly than other phomes, is the security better with the iPhone than others out on the market? I didn't want to drop a ton on a phone, but I figured 199 isn't terrible. Just wanted some feedback and opinions on the 6s plus. Thanks.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you tech guys. I just purchased the iphone6s plus. My Samsung is starting to show it's wear and I wanted to change things up a bit and upgrading as well. This is my first iPhone ever and do you find this device more user friendly than other phomes, is the security better with the iPhone than others out on the market? I didn't want to drop a ton on a phone, but I figured 199 isn't terrible. Just wanted some feedback and opinions on the 6s plus. Thanks.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.statista.com/chart/amp/5824/ios-iphone-compatibility/

It looks like that one is still supported but it’s a very old model. I would personally feel more comfortable with a newer phone that would have the OS supported for longer for security’s sake. You’re good for now but I wouldn’t trust using any financial data or significant personal identification once it is unsupported.